Pod Your Reef

My Flower Box

gena

Where did you get your 6020? I'm thinking about getting one for my new cube.

Here's a link to the place :)

http://www.aquacave.com/tunze-turbelle-nanostream-6020-electronic.html

So glad this beautiful tank exists :)

The nanobox is waaaayyyyy better than the par30. My corals love the nanobox light and are much happier/open. I suspect you will find that too.

Thank you very much :flower:. I agree....sooo much better and my corals think so too :).

That tank looks great under that light G! It looked amazing before...but, damn!

Thanks, D :)

I know I make the lights, but man does this make it look 10x better. :D

-dave

:lol: Thanks!

Gena,

That tank is gorgeous!!!

Dave,

Incredible light. You should post some "before & after" photos on your website.

Buy Gena a bottle of Stoli and she will give you the photo rights!

David

Thank you, David!!!!

I finished reading through all 41 pages today. I hadn't even realized this started out as a picotope! I agree with everyone else, the tank looks amazing with the new light. The smaller anemones near the bottom were difficult to even see before with the par30.

yep...a little picotope. I should go back and read through it again. I hardly remember what it looked like in the pico :).

photos for Dave. Hopefully one or two of these will work for you. This light is more difficult to take photos with than the par 30. I think it's the amount of blue that messes with the camera. And this girl is clueless as to how to fix it LOL. Feel free to use any of these Dave...if you want them.

IMG_8473_zps61a7754f.jpg

IMG_8470_zps56196a3d.jpg

IMG_8468_zpsa8994455.jpg

IMG_8466_zps05e6ed70.jpg

fts9-15-14_zpsf873778f.jpg

IMG_8463_zps11ac07b0.jpg

IMG_8458_zps1e9789dd.jpg

IMG_8451_zps0cff5ac2.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

those blue macros are begging to be pruned and sent to me =). great pics!

Yeah...constant pruning! I'll send you some when it cools down! I know you guys are cool but we're sitting in the 100s still LOL.

Man those are great photos! Now I am contemplating a Nanobox retrofit for Biocube 14.

Got to find a temporary light for the tank while the retrofit is being done.

Man those are great photos! Now I am contemplating a Nanobox retrofit for Biocube 14.

Got to find a temporary light for the tank while the retrofit is being done.

I can ship you my par30 and gooseneck temporarily if you want! Just let me know. Or ask around your local reef club...I bet someone has a light you could use :).

heh, i was just kidding but thanks for the offer! it's the thought that counts =).

Let me know if you change your mind!

I can ship you my par30 and gooseneck temporarily if you want! Just let me know. Or ask around your local reef club...I bet someone has a light you could use :).

Let me know if you change your mind!

Gena,

That would be great! Thank you!

I will pay for the shipping. Will send you a PM soon.

David

Wow Gena, I've been away for awhile and hadn't seen your tank since the new lights. Everything looks great, how will you ever contain it all? Excellent upgrade.

Wow Gena, I've been away for awhile and hadn't seen your tank since the new lights. Everything looks great, how will you ever contain it all? Excellent upgrade.

Thank you!!!! You HAVE been away for awhile!!! Welcome back :). Not sure how I'll contain it all....but I'll have fun trying :)

Gena is that a blastomussa colony on the left just behind the candy canes? It looks neat.

It sure is...it's a merletti colony....sort of a lavender and green color. That's the only blasto I have in this tank :)

Found this guy being all cozy comfy in his fluffy mushroom bed earlier today :happy:. He looks so silly LOL.

IMG_8481_zpsf212665c.jpg

I already have one similar to that! Looks like you'll need to buy it ;):D

Thanks, A!!!! Maybe Ashley should buy that fancy VIP flower ;).

You know when I get paid next week I might buy some. I'm itching to do a big coral order before the cold sets in.

You know when I get paid next week I might buy some. I'm itching to do a big coral order before the cold sets in.

Black Friday is usually last day of online coral shopping for me.

I shop year round...but I don't live in an arctic tundra like you guys :flower:. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I don't really have anything left to buy :lol:.

Happy Weekend everyone :)

What is the blue/purple fluffy stuff? Is that macro algae? Where did you get it? If you can't tell, I love it and definitely want it. Thanks

Yep, that's a macroalgae called blue ochtodes. I can totally send you some :). Send me a PM with your address and when I prune it I can send some off to you.
Yep, that's a macroalgae called blue ochtodes. I can totally send you some :). Send me a PM with your address and when I prune it I can send some off to you.

I sure will!!!! I have a long way to go before I am ready for that, but I will take you up on your offer.

As you know, I am a total noob. I am in awe of this amazing community of nano-reef all-stars who are immensely generous with knowledge and now macro-algae.

Thank you!

I sure will!!!! I have a long way to go before I am ready for that, but I will take you up on your offer. As you know, I am a total noob. I am in awe of this amazing community of nano-reef all-stars who are immensely generous with knowledge and now macro-algae. Thank you!

Awww...my pleasure. I throw a bunch out every time I prune. I'd rather give it to my NR buddies :).

Tank is looking really good, love that shrimp. :)

Thank you very much :D.

Archived