My Flower Box

gena

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMG_8283_zpsfd96de44.jpg

IMG_8292_zpsdef1e58f.jpg

Picture bump :)

Oh nice, I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the 6020. Red trumpets would be nice, but I'll admit that most I see look more brown than red. Not as colorful as your green and tealy blues.

Hope your Alk thing works out and you can save the birdnest. After all my alk stupidity with the last tank I'm hesitant to even test it in my tank right now :lol:.

:wub: that green clown goby! & with candy canes too! The envy is strong within me :P

Pump should be here tomorrow! Can't wait to get it running on this tank. I know the SPS will appreciate more flow :).

I hope I can save that green birdsnest, but in the event that I can't...it's going to be those red and green candy canes for the replacement. I decided it'd be easier to maintain those than a yellow fiji leather that would get really huge. Candy canes are so easy to frag. Plus the clown goby loves sitting in the trumpet corals so this will be another perch for him :wub:.

Wow you do have the magic touch!

This tank has really come along. I hope my little 8 gallon can end up looking half as nice.

Thanks, A!!!!! I'm sure you'll have no problem making that 8g tank super cute :).

Sooo...how's the new Tunze?

Fabulous! I removed the little rio50 and replaced it with the the Tunze. I don't think I need both in there. I have a nice flow going with just the one powerhead now. Didn't raise the temperature of the tank at all either..wasn't sure if it would or not.

The STN on the bird seems to have stopped....I think fingerscrossed. Maybe the extra flow is helping.

Your tank looks great.

Where'd you get that anemone shrimp? I want to find one locally but I haven't seen then around for awhile.

I have I asked this before...? Brain fart

Your tank looks great.

Where'd you get that anemone shrimp? I want to find one locally but I haven't seen then around for awhile.

I have I asked this before...? Brain fart

I have never seen them at a LFS. I got him from KPA. If you did ask, include me in that brain fart because I don't remember you asking :lol:.

Beautiful! I am excited to see the new light. What do you feed your nems? Following.

Thanks! Mysis...they luv mysis. They also catch stray bits of frozen cyclopeeze :).

those trumpets look soo good. how long did it take to grow that many heads??

Thanks :). The turquoise came from Morgan and it's a frag from a much larger colony (that was in my cube). I tried to find a photo of it on photobucket but they seem to be having issues now LOL. I think I had those trumpets in the 28g too...so it's been over a year that they've been with me. I've fragged it many times. The neon green may have also come from Morgan...can't remember. I haven't had that one as long. But I'm drawing a blank on how long it's been with me. Definitely less than a year.

Fabulous! I removed the little rio50 and replaced it with the the Tunze. I don't think I need both in there. I have a nice flow going with just the one powerhead now. Didn't raise the temperature of the tank at all either..wasn't sure if it would or not.

The STN on the bird seems to have stopped....I think fingerscrossed. Maybe the extra flow is helping.

Hmm, I may try one. I'd love to be down to one pump plus the AC in my tank but my rock placement leaves me with dead spots that I'm not sure one pump could fix.

Hmm, I may try one. I'd love to be down to one pump plus the AC in my tank but my rock placement leaves me with dead spots that I'm not sure one pump could fix.

You could always try. I'm guessing just the one pump with the AC wouldn't be enough flow though. But you don't have SPS so you may be ok :).

I did some rearranging in the tank today. I have an orange lobo coming from Glenn at CGA tomorrow that I'm putting in this tank. I had a credit with him so I couldn't resist it LOL. The front right side has been cleared for it. I made the decision to remove the green birdsnest today. I wasn't crazy with it's growth pattern anyways. I moved the green slimer up there and a war coral...nice thing is the rock flowers can always move if the war coral starts warring with them :).

I had to move one of my hidden from view RFAs to the front too..win/win. I can see it now. I used to only be able to see it from above. It's the front one on the sand on the left.

photos......

FTS 8-26-14

8-26-14_zps4f251dcd.jpg

Side shot

IMG_8348_zps14ca50e5.jpg

IMG_8334_zps32a1becf.jpg

Swooooon :wub: Love your tanks Gena. That blue/purple algae is neato, did you get that from reefgardner?

As a matter of fact, I did get it from her...inadvertently! She sent me a coral that had a sliver of that ochtodes stuck to the rock. I'd been wanting to get some and when I saw that sliver I was soooo excited!!!! I knew that's all you need for it to explode in your tank :lol:. So yep, all of that macro started as a tiny fingernail sized piece :happy:.

everything looks like so perfect in this tank!

Well thank you :).

Luckyyy. All that from a fingernail size piece! :o Gena voodoo magic. Do you blackout all your tanks or is just the pics?

Ochtodes can truly be a pest algae...luckily it's a pretty one though :). The back of the tank is painted black and the left side has a black film on the outside glass to hide the electrical/wall.

Well thank you :).

Ochtodes can truly be a pest algae...luckily it's a pretty one though :). The back of the tank is painted black and the left side has a black film on the outside glass to hide the electrical/wall.

I like the way your tank looks blacked out. I'm thinking of my next tank (which is a long way off) and it will have a sump and I'm just thinking of ways to conceal the pipes/overflow

The birdsnest is RTN'ing? Crazy. I doubt it is due to an alk swing. I have had that coral survive a lot. I wonder what could be stressing it. Is it losing tissue base up?

I like the way your tank looks blacked out. I'm thinking of my next tank (which is a long way off) and it will have a sump and I'm just thinking of ways to conceal the pipes/overflow

I like painting the back glass black with that krylon fusion spray paint.

The birdsnest is RTN'ing? Crazy. I doubt it is due to an alk swing. I have had that coral survive a lot. I wonder what could be stressing it. Is it losing tissue base up?

Well, it was more STN...very slowly from the bottom up. I really think it was a lack of flow that caused it.

I was going to say that I'm waiting for my lobo from Glenn to arrive and in the middle of typing it arrived :). Gonna go open the box :happydance:.

Why are clown gobies so freaking adorable?! How long have you had this one?

They are so adorable :happy:. I had to go back and look. It was January 28th so it's been 7 months :). Here was that original intro. post :).

Soooooo.....I got another fish for this tank. I was at my LFS yesterday, picking up crickets for my son's crested gecko. They also specialize in reptiles. Anyways...I just had to wander over to the fish department. Saw the ugliest cute fish I've ever seen. I've always thought these guys UGLY :lol:. But omg...he stole my heart. I just had to rescue him :). He's so ugly, he's cute. Gorgeous colors. I think he's going to do alright for me. He loves cyclopeeze and eats it with gusto. Here's hoping for success fingerscrossed.

Green Clown Goby

012914goby_zpsdfb24d22.jpg

Archived