Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Gertie- my girl is gone.

FlowerMama

Exactly, just moving the rocks over. Gertie pounds on ones in her way and I don't want them to die so they'll all have to come out. I did though find another nickel size anemone in the 34g, like the one on the right side in the 2nd picture so it will join that tank at one point. so I'll have 2 like that which will be cool. Maybe I can put some other kind of natural anemone in there also once everything is moved over.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just LOVE your rock flower garden!!

Thank You. Can't wait to get them all again in a tank together again and under the Kessil Light which shows their colors the best so far.

I wanted to wait to see if it lived over night.

The tan nem I have in the last pic? I love it! it already has ribbing on the tentacles! I had to keep moving the urchin as he was wanting to crawl on that piece of the rock. He is in a hole.

20150818_194604_zpsb2vw1bjv.jpg

It's 3/16-4/16" depending how you measure it.

20150818_194612_zpsfrpsg8qr.jpg

Right now he's the cutest little thing to me. I really need this little guy to make it to have my faith restored in this rock flower venture. I love his white tentacles and ribbing already. My other nems didn't get ribbed until after 1.5". Have not yet ONE baby nem that has lived because they've all been smaller than this one. This has to be the one.

Of course my baby rfa but watch to the end, this is the best video I've had of visibly seeing her wrecking balls in action. I still feel privileged when she lets me watch. They let you on their time.

Just had to give a guest a biology lesson thanks to the fact that I was watching that at work.

He wandered up and was all "WTH is that thing!?!"

Told him: "Mantis Shrimp"

"What's he doing?"

"She's punching the rock"

"why? Doesn't that hurt her?"

[sighs]

[begins lesson]

Just had to give a guest a biology lesson thanks to the fact that I was watching that at work.

He wandered up and was all "WTH is that thing!?!"

Told him: "Mantis Shrimp"

"What's he doing?"

"She's punching the rock"

"why? Doesn't that hurt her?"

[sighs]

[begins lesson]

ha! Love it.

Baby rfa ate again today. The LRS fish frozen food seems to be the best for it.

My royal gramma, still always hides, loves the cave.

20150822_212847_zpsc6yu0nmj.jpg[/url

20150822_213000_zpse7jyovfc.jpg

Don't know what Gert was doing but she plays being a recliner really well. Love it when she moves the macro out of the way to see my better.

This curlique anemone has grown well. It's tentacles are 5" long. I just love it. Gonna have to try to remove the other 2 out of Maiden's Voyage tank while they're still an inch big. I just don't know where I put my frag set and I need the bone cutters.

20150827_194839_zpscsehqlaw.jpg

And here's my yellow anemone from the underside. She's been moving a great deal on the rock she's on. It's the same rock that has the baby. I just thought it was cool.

20150827_194936_zps1gdyvr5y.jpg

Don't know what Gert was doing but she plays being a recliner really well. Love it when she moves the macro out of the way to see my better.

Epic!

So I happened upon this and found maybe 10 on the sand. First time I've seen this spawning. Usually I see the smoke-like spawn so I don't know if urchins are both female and male?

Oh, so apparently it was not spawning, just going to the bathroom. Takes 2 to do that.

However, Look! A cousin of Gertie's stopped by when I let Hagen outside just now.

20150908_231619_zpsjscdremr.jpg

There was a mantis on one of our conference room windows all day yesterday!! 28th floor, downtown Chicago, and in the middle of a storm. I think he was lost!!

If you have a good bundle of plants in the house, put the mantis in that bundle and well fed, it will stay there for months. Kept one for 18 months and it never left the planted area in the house. No enclosure required, just lots of food.

If you have a good bundle of plants in the house, put the mantis in that bundle and well fed, it will stay there for months. Kept one for 18 months and it never left the planted area in the house. No enclosure required, just lots of food.

Well, I'll be moving at the end of Nov/early Dec and we have tons out here in the forests of western north carolina. What did you feed it Muraki? I have a dog and worry about it trying to eat it as he eats anything, whether they be flies, moths, etc while I'm walking him outside... I'd still rather they stay outside, as much as I like them, I know it'd be more comfortable. My lot is .57 acres of just forest, so they'll have to knock down to build. I'm sure I'll find wonderful things there too.

I love the way the big one resembles stained furniture.

I remember I had a mantis, I fed her nothing but spiders her whole life, when she was tiny I gave tiny spiders she was eating large grass spiders and orb weavers in the end, then I let her go to mate and die when she was in final moult.

I remember I had a mantis, I fed her nothing but spiders her whole life, when she was tiny I gave tiny spiders she was eating large grass spiders and orb weavers in the end, then I let her go to mate and die when she was in final moult.

I didn't realize the outdoor ones molt.

Archived