Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

A Maiden's Voyage- town house pics, getting more organized

FlowerMama

FlowerMama

I'll do that then. Decision made! Then I'll get a tailspot for my Evolve to be with Karat.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FlowerMama

Previously it was the monti that was crossing over. Then I cut it even again. Now it's the chalice..It's coming around the edge there.

20150517_222434_zps4tbflk4q.jpg

Getting crowded!!

20150517_205331_zpsc2mkdnuc.jpg

FlowerMama

Yep, so I had the light off all day except for 1.5 hrs. I just turned it on briefly to make sure all is ok with my maxima Lil' Bit Want to lessen any chance of dino here.

20150518_205202_zpsq7qpcyui.jpg

20150518_205358_zpsgmlos1uy.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
FlowerMama

Look how happy Lil Bit is! Love my lil' girl.

20150606_214220_zpsysr18lfo.jpg

And my grandis paly is looking really great.

20150606_214233_zpsemtdvfll.jpg

And then the Double D paly. May just put it below the grandis.

20150606_214125_zpsgbudesqw.jpg

And some rock flowers of course! I lowered the whites and the King Midas in the back are coming back.

20150606_214254_zpsgxfhfhfl.jpg

So I now have 3 fish in this tank since Karat moved out: Diamond Goby and the 2 clowns. How would a Magenta Dottyback do with them? I know they scared my Tailspot and he starved, they made my 6-line jump, so I want something a little aggressive if need be. Thinking that and a Yellowtail Damsel. Loved the blue color of the one I had with Gertie. Would they be compatible?

Maybe my best bet is is 2 yellowtail damsels instead and see how they fair w/ the 2 clowns so if they get bullied it wasn't an expensive fish. Then I'd stick it in w/ Gertie if need be.

I have a red elongated dottyback with two clowns and they get along fine. The dottyback will occasionally go up to the clowns and shake his tail feather at them, but no outright aggression between them.

FlowerMama

I have a red elongated dottyback with two clowns and they get along fine. The dottyback will occasionally go up to the clowns and shake his tail feather at them, but no outright aggression between them.

Thanks. I'll have to think about that. I just looked it up on Google Image. Never saw one before. It's pretty.

Hello FlowerMama...I was reading alot on flower anemone's and saw all your beautiful ones. Could you look at my tank and specs and see if my lighting and such could suport one? Great tanks by the way!

Hello FlowerMama...I was reading alot on flower anemone's and saw all your beautiful ones. Could you look at my tank and specs and see if my lighting and such could suport one? Great tanks by the way!

Yes, you'll be fine. I have my whites at like 40% here lately so I've lowered it and they're all happy, probably happier. Medium light is best. I keep my blues at 100% though. I had my first rock flower in an 8g, just a white one and it was very happy on the side of the tank where the light wasn't as direct from the Par38.

Snow_Phoenix

I tried to get this beautiful RFA through Singapore last week, but it costs $250 per flower. Definitely way out of my budget, especially with my country's currency dropping like mad. I'd definitely love to have my own RFA some day - yours look stunning when they're all next to each other like that. :D

Also, fish-wise, have you considered a small Hi-Fin goby with a Pistol shrimp? Those guys can be adorable as well.

I tried to get this beautiful RFA through Singapore last week, but it costs $250 per flower. Definitely way out of my budget, especially with my country's currency dropping like mad. I'd definitely love to have my own RFA some day - yours look stunning when they're all next to each other like that. :D

Also, fish-wise, have you considered a small Hi-Fin goby with a Pistol shrimp? Those guys can be adorable as well.

I already have a pistol shrimp and an orange spotted/diamond goby but I never see the shrimp. He's in the back of the tank somewhere and I hear him a couple times a week. I just need an open swimmer at this point. Thanks for the compliments on the flowers. I haven't had time to clean the top portion of the 60 yet so I can get it cycling. I just got my replacement RO/DI filter set so I now I need to buy the substrate. I was oncall all this past week and last weekend so I didn't have time for anything.

Snow_Phoenix

I already have a pistol shrimp and an orange spotted/diamond goby but I never see the shrimp. He's in the back of the tank somewhere and I hear him a couple times a week. I just need an open swimmer at this point. Thanks for the compliments on the flowers. I haven't had time to clean the top portion of the 60 yet so I can get it cycling. I just got my replacement RO/DI filter set so I now I need to buy the substrate. I was oncall all this past week and last weekend so I didn't have time for anything.

Oh! I'm sorry - I didn't know you already had a goby/pistol combo. As for open swimmers, you could do a dottyback as someone suggested earlier (milder species like Orchids and Reds are better), or maybe a small clownfish or perhaps a firefish/dartfish (although these guys do tend to jump). If you don't already have a dragonet in there, maybe you can get a small wrasse species.

The tank still looks great despite the lack of cleaning, IMO. I get lazy and slack on cleanings sometimes as well - I still have yet to change the water in my betta's tank and it's been over a week! So today will be tank cleanup day for me.

Yes, you'll be fine. I have my whites at like 40% here lately so I've lowered it and they're all happy, probably happier. Medium light is best. I keep my blues at 100% though. I had my first rock flower in an 8g, just a white one and it was very happy on the side of the tank where the light wasn't as direct from the Par38.

Thank you so much for your help! I will start my search for one and am very excited to get one!

Happy to say that finally after over a week (from 2 Wednesdays ago when I got back from Miami), today was the first day I saw my pipe organ open. 2 days ago I put it in more light. It typically says middle to upper for location but at this stage I can't even move it as I have so much in the tank w/ the flowers. And I want to put it in a spot on the left side that is being taken over by a huge fuzzy, hairy mushroom. That thing is seriously 5-6" wide and you'd think the clowns would host it. I hope the pipe organ does well. Surprised it took so long for it to 'wake" up.

Monday I change out the RO/DI filters and clean the brute make water so I'll do a water change on Tues probably.

20150613_223833_zpsm8bg8k3b.jpg

20150613_223853_zps13sjb5ro.jpg

HarryPotter

Happy to say that finally after over a week (from 2 Wednesdays ago when I got back from Miami), today was the first day I saw my pipe organ open. 2 days ago I put it in more light. It typically says middle to upper for location but at this stage I can't even move it as I have so much in the tank w/ the flowers. And I want to put it in a spot on the left side that is being taken over by a huge fuzzy, hairy mushroom. That thing is seriously 5-6" wide and you'd think the clowns would host it. I hope the pipe organ does well. Surprised it took so long for it to 'wake" up.

Monday I change out the RO/DI filters and clean the brute make water so I'll do a water change on Tues probably.

20150613_223833_zpsm8bg8k3b.jpg

20150613_223853_zps13sjb5ro.jpg

Awesome!

I have a TON of pipe organ, like a football sized colony. if you like I can send you a nice chunk- it's really beautiful and a good shipper. You can just send me the shipping label and I'll send it out :)

Edit: it's not white- but red base with green polyps

Awesome!

I have a TON of pipe organ, like a football sized colony. if you like I can send you a nice chunk- it's really beautiful and a good shipper. You can just send me the shipping label and I'll send it out :)

Edit: it's not white- but red base with green polyps

Right now I have no room w/ all the flowers everywhere but it's a thought for later once the flowers are out of this tank in a couple mos Sounds really pretty. I'll check back with you later. I'd love to see a picture. Under what lighting and flow do you keep it?

HarryPotter

Right now I have no room w/ all the flowers everywhere but it's a thought for later once the flowers are out of this tank in a couple mos Sounds really pretty. I'll check back with you later. I'd love to see a picture. Under what lighting and flow do you keep it?

Well its kind of grown too big, so I shoved it into the back corner of the tank :(

It grew under medium light and medium flow- right by my Duncan.

Freaking weed! :lol: but it has amazing movement and is a definite $$ maker since it grows so fast (And LFS buys for $5 a frag)

IMG_1369_zpstzdcs9bs.jpgIMG_9231%202_zpstvj0cyhb.jpgIMG_9228%202_zpsgcwiqil5.jpg

Yey! The best it's looked the last 3 days. I'm excited. It looks so pretty. Like a bouquet of flowers.

20150615_174546_zpsgzt6bhyd.jpg

It looks awesome!!

Thanks. By the way, my mom's name is Stella. And for the less blue crowd.

20150615_195324_zpsql1niuip.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
FlowerMama

Lil Bit is doing well. When you realize the nem is green and the other is orange, her blue us just so perfect.

20150701_190717_zpsxqe5ykje.jpg

Then, a month ago, I bought this Double D pay. Most expensive paly I ever bought. Today I noticed 2 polyps!!!!!

20150605_210842_zpsxmuxfsel.jpg

20150701_190058_zpsyxrusvir.jpg

Lil Bit is doing well. When you realize the nem is green and the other is orange, her blue us just so perfect.

20150701_190717_zpsxqe5ykje.jpg

Then, a month ago, I bought this Double D pay. Most expensive paly I ever bought. Today I noticed 2 polyps!!!!!

20150605_210842_zpsxmuxfsel.jpg

20150701_190058_zpsyxrusvir.jpg

Lil Bit is so pretty. Where'd you get him?

FlowerMama

Saltcritters over a yr ago for 29.99. She was 2/3" then. Thus her name. She was in my Evolve8 tank. Here she was in the back of the tank off to the right.

008_zpsf8aa1c68.jpg

Saltcritters over a yr ago for 29.99. She was 2/3" then. Thus her name. She was in my Evolve8 tank. Here she was in the back of the tank off to the right.

008_zpsf8aa1c68.jpg

Very pretty!!

Archived