ReefCleaners.org

Hypes Edgeless Ridge Islet-Complete

Rehype

SouthFlorida_Tron

Amazing how one goes from one source of light, unhappy with the appearance of coral, to old school proven methods, to a combined hybrid method, then back to the original source but from a different designer.

This is called full circle.

• Like 1

You gotta fts this!

Since you're Halide/T5/LED hybrid is up for sale, do you like the Radion spectrum better?

Coming up soon...coral are still acclimating to the light. In the meantime

15616902726_a6f8ee19e5_b.jpg

Not exactly...From a visual perspective IMO nothing looks quite as natural and gives the sense of depth like a 10k halide however i am able to replicate the spectrum created from the halide/t5/led combo so im going to give it some time and see how the coral react then make a decision from there

• Like 4

I wanna see a fts w/ this new light!!

Coming soon :)

Amazing how one goes from one source of light, unhappy with the appearance of coral, to old school proven methods, to a combined hybrid method, then back to the original source but from a different designer.

This is called full circle.

Well not exactly. Since my reasons for the initial switch were centered around a specific group of coral (sps). IME I got the best coloration and growth from those coral using T5/LED and If this tank was mostly sps I would have remained with that combo. However in this build I dont have any sps so I was a bit more willing to give the radion a try but solely because I got nearly $1000 in free equipment just to try it out.

Even though it is someone else glad to see you back in the LED game! :)

-Dave

Thanks alot dave..I didnt want you to think it was personal or anything as I think your fixtures are fantastic and truly one of a kind.

What happened to all your SPS?

Well the few pieces I had died during the whole dino fiasco...

jedimasterben

Well the few pieces I had died during the whole dino fiasco...

:(

My 'katropora' was just attacked last night, first time in months I've seen them even come near that rock. White spots all over it now where the flesh is gone :(

:(

My 'katropora' was just attacked last night, first time in months I've seen them even come near that rock. White spots all over it now where the flesh is gone :(

Sorry to hear that ben..I miss my piece of "katropora" as it was a lovely specimen :(

Inspirational. I bought the used ZE 50. May just fix it up to buy parts to build one. May keep it. Messed up my DIY lighting plans though.

Thats awesome look forward to seeing what you do with it.

NirvanaandTool

I totally agree

You can pick some up from the freezer at petsmart.

You gotta post up pics when the radiata comes in. Im still waiting for my redfin <_<

Oh really? I'll have to check my local Petsmart then. Lately she's been getting a gut loaded feeder guppy twice a week. She gets excited at feeding time, hopping about when I'm feeding the wrasses but wont eat the mysis I stick feed to her. <_< Hopefully krill or silversides do the trick.

I might be waiting awhile for a rad too like your redfin. They are pretty rare so it might be awhile til my LFS guy finds me one. The last time I was there Quality Marine only had 1 listed so it's going to be tough to get.

Oh really? I'll have to check my local Petsmart then. Lately she's been getting a gut loaded feeder guppy twice a week. She gets excited at feeding time, hopping about when I'm feeding the wrasses but wont eat the mysis I stick feed to her. <_< Hopefully krill or silversides do the trick.

I might be waiting awhile for a rad too like your redfin. They are pretty rare so it might be awhile til my LFS guy finds me one. The last time I was there Quality Marine only had 1 listed so it's going to be tough to get.

The krill may just do the trick! Im rooting for you bud fingerscrossed

I know i havent seen them anywhere! I just reached out to another supplier to see if he can find me one. This is usually the time of the year they pop up. GL finding the radiata

No FTS makes me a sad panda.

I'm in the same boat

Coming soon guys :)

• Like 1

You're such a tease hype!

It's beautiful tho :wub:

Thanks jordan :D

nice! I see it too.

Thanks! I have a few other heads that have yet to show the same change but im keeping my fingers crossed.