Coral Vue Hydros

Beware the Shallows

jedimasterben

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

Love the video. That is a pretty freaking big chalk bass!

It looks big in the photo, but it's actually only about 2.5" long :)

Awesome pics Ben. Fish are looking fat and healthy esp the angel & trigger.

Yeah, the trigger is a fatty lol, just look at how he rips at the food in the video! All the other fish just wait for his scraps lol

jedimasterben

Great pics man, tank looks great!

Thanks!

Also, I realized last night that after a firmware update, my Bluefish Mini can now dim my LEDs down to 0.1% instead of 0.9%, so the 'moonlights' (blue and cyan) are much more dim, which is perfect!

jedimasterben

Great tank. Any update on the Oxydator?

Nope, I keep forgetting to change the peroxide in it. I can't see any bubbling (and haven't been since earlier this week) so it must be peroxide change time. Diluting peroxide to 12% (75mL peroxide, 145mL water) this time instead of 6% (40mL peroxide, 180mL water).

jedimasterben

Tried to get some pics of the betta. Forgot to turn the LEDs up to get better photos, but they turned out mostly ok :) (except for the photos getting a lot darker after exporting from LR :angry:)

Peek a boo!

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

That mysid never know what hit him!

IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

Grumps, the watchman goby. Found a new place to poke his head out of :)

IMG_1371.jpg

Mandarin nomming on some cyclop-eeze.

IMG_1376.jpg

Hawkfish is getting more bold, espeically when it's feeding time and I've got my head and camera flitting around lol

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1412.jpg

jedimasterben

is your geometric eating?

mine still ignores everything

Yes, still just frozen for now, but it eats it with gusto, hopping around and snapping it up.

The copperband is settling in nicely. Still just pecking at frozen food and is confused by pellets lol. It knows to follow the 'herd' when I walk up to the tank all the other fish start swimming around me begging, and it does too, but when I put in pellets it just watches them fall like 'uhm, what kinda shit is this.' :lol:

Awesome pics, Ben! Usually when I take 200+ pictures I'm lucky if five of them turn out :lol:

That Hawkfish is so pretty - I can't remember, what did you name him/her?

jedimasterben

Awesome pics, Ben! Usually when I take 200+ pictures I'm lucky if five of them turn out :lol:

That Hawkfish is so pretty - I can't remember, what did you name him/her?

I haven't named it, but if I did, it would be 'please don't get eaten' :lol:

Epic shots bro.

BTW thanks for all the LED talk the other day, I took your advice!

Thanks! And no problem :)

jedimasterben

Great pics as always!!!! So the copperband.....great fish? I've always loved the looks of them. So delicate looking.

Yep, it's pretty awesome. I am now seeing zero feather dusters in the tank lol, which is why it was purchased. I was hoping it wouldn't take them ALL out, but oh well, I still have plenty in the overflow, sump, etc :)

jedimasterben

Damnit. I had some fish in my cart at Liveaquaria, including a pair of Starcki damsels, and when I refreshed the page just now the Starckis have gone out of stock. :angry:

Yeah, the good stuff goes quick there. That's really the only problem with dealing with them (aside from the shipping costs of course).

jedimasterben

Yeah, the good stuff goes quick there. That's really the only problem with dealing with them (aside from the shipping costs of course).

Yeah, I was basically trying to see if there was anything I wanted to get to the free shipping mark, but since the Starcki's aren't there, I can order everything I was going to order from Blue Zoo instead lol.

I'm also talking to KPA about getting some St Thomas mushrooms to try out. I really hope that I don't have too much flow for them, as there isn't much I can do about that. I could turn the gyres down a little bit, but not too much or detritus will build up.

jedimasterben

Sooooo got an email this morning that Blue Zoo has Starcki damsels in stock, Australian. Damn it all, the only thing left to choose now is if I want to pay another $50 to have a pair of them lol.

Sooooo got an email this morning that Blue Zoo has Starcki damsels in stock, Australian. Damn it all, the only thing left to choose now is if I want to pay another $50 to have a pair of them lol.

I wished you lived closer, I have a Starcki I'd love to give you for nuttin'!!

I had a blue spot jawfish and a yellow assessor that suddenly have disappeared! I spent yesterday taking out rock work looking for them and came up empty. There's also no way they could have gone carpet surfing either. Plus the fact the Starcki is looking "plumper" than usual.

So yeah I'm suspecting this $40 dollar bastage had a very expensive ($200) meals(s)......

jedimasterben

Doooooooo it

You can always print more money :)

:lol:

I wished you lived closer, I have a Starcki I'd love to give you for nuttin'!!

I had a blue spot jawfish and a yellow assessor that suddenly have disappeared! I spent yesterday taking out rock work looking for them and came up empty. There's also no way they could have gone carpet surfing either. Plus the fact the Starcki is looking "plumper" than usual.

So yeah I'm suspecting this $40 dollar bastage had a very expensive ($200) meals(s)......

Unless the jawfish and assessor were really, really tiny, I don't think the damsel could have eaten them. Wanna try shipping it priority mail? :lol:

Nice pictures Benny, that betta has a teeny mouth. So much camouflage.

Actually quite the opposite. It looks small, but it's not.

Yep, it's pretty awesome. I am now seeing zero feather dusters in the tank lol, which is why it was purchased. I was hoping it wouldn't take them ALL out, but oh well, I still have plenty in the overflow, sump, etc :)

Apparently clam is on the menu with them too :o

Those starcki's are pricey!!!!!

Archived