Cultivated Reef

Stones & Roses

jball1125

Thanks dude, rics down here are almost as plentiful as algae. Its looking even nicer now, will have to snap some pics tom.

If you ever want some shipped I know a guy with a very nice selection, just drop me a pm and I will get you his contact info.

that would be awesome. ill have to do that soon.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I bit the bullet and added an MP10WES. All I have to say is "BAD ASS".... Looks so sleek and the controls are awesome. Still learning the system but so far I dig it.

IMG_0632.jpg

youre gonna be so glad you did

I already am, the looks and size alone are worth the price to me. I also dont know why some complain about noise, this thing is silent, my AC70 makes more noise for sure. The fact that I might not be using it at its full potential on such a small tank doesnt bother me, plus Its one less thing to worry about if and when I decide to upgrade to something bigger.

mp10 looks awesome. Christmas is just around the corner, hmmm....

Doooooo iiitttt!! :P

Looks great Jball! The MP10 is great. I think the noise complaints tend to be more for when it's going 100%, & also an issue with the bearings as the unit gets older. There are a couple good pictorial threads here & on other forums detailing how to go about cleaning/changing the bearings.

mp10 looks awesome. Christmas is just around the corner, hmmm....

I agree dude, doooo it!

Looks great Jball! The MP10 is great. I think the noise complaints tend to be more for when it's going 100%, & also an issue with the bearings as the unit gets older. There are a couple good pictorial threads here & on other forums detailing how to go about cleaning/changing the bearings.

Thanks!

So I bit the bullet and added an MP10WES. All I have to say is "BAD ASS"....

:happydance:

You wont regret it man! The settings are sweet and you will have a good time playing through the various settings. I'm a reef crest (yellow) man. Your only problem will be keeping the sand storm under control haha.

Deleted User 3
Ok let me just say that photographing clowns is freaking impossible, lil dude wont keep still!!!!!!

IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0585-1.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

Some pics of the Hammer

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

My fish (clownfish as well) are hard to photograph. They dont usually sit still for me, and are afraid of the silver on my lens of my camera :P I have to take like 30 photos to get maybe 1 okay one. He looks cool! :)

:happydance:

You wont regret it man! The settings are sweet and you will have a good time playing through the various settings. I'm a reef crest (yellow) man. Your only problem will be keeping the sand storm under control haha.

Yea I'm actually in reef crest now, I like it so far.

My fish (clownfish as well) are hard to photograph. They dont usually sit still for me, and are afraid of the silver on my lens of my camera :P I have to take like 30 photos to get maybe 1 okay one. He looks cool! :)

I must have taken 60+ pictures to get the 3 crappy ones that I did. Wish my camera had better zoom quality because he does calm down a bit when I'm out of sight, but as soon as he sees me he starts the begging.

tanks looking good! wish i had a place for a bigger tank :/

Thank you!

Your tank may be lacking in size but it makes up for in looks. For all those that say clams cant be kept in a nano. Hmmm.

I need a way to cool my tank down, the temps are fine at 78 when I am home and the air is on. However, when I leave in the morning and turn off the wall mounted AC in my apartment the temps start to rise, got up to 85 today. I have been thinking of one of those that works in conjunction with the heater and comes on alternatively. Also thinking about switching the plexiglass top to egg crate. I should mention that my AC70 provide plenty of surface agitation so I am not sure if that means I have no choice but to get a chiller??????

When you get the RKL or Apex, it would be an easy process to hook up a fan and control other elements heating the tank to keep temps low. Forget the chiller for a tank this size, I'd invest in the controller.

In the mean time, hooking up a fan to a timer could work. About 5 minutes every hour should do it. You will have problems with evaporation with this setup though. I'd just spring for the RKL to solve all of these problems.

Archived