ReefCleaners.org

1gal MicroReef build!

x3thelast

thanks! and great idea! ill see about peeling it next time i do a waterchange...i WAS hoping that the cloves will have covered it by now, but they're not cooperating <_<

If it is any thing like the ones on my powerheads they don't come off eaisly. You baiscly have to take a razor to them.

Peeling it off is a good idea. I had the same tendency to look at the sticker in your tank too. It is just so big compaired to every thing else in there.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If it is any thing like the ones on my powerheads they don't come off eaisly. You baiscly have to take a razor to them.

Peeling it off is a good idea. I had the same tendency to look at the sticker in your tank too. It is just so big compaired to every thing else in there.

yea i get what youre saying, im going to try to just cover it with a gsp :)

Wow, what a neat and terrific looking little tank. You have to promise us you'll make it to the 1 year mark, at least! :)

THANKS!!! thats what im going for! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Probably going to have to take out the green goni since its growing too big to have close by the other corals. It'll go into the 5 gallon...hmmm

• 4 weeks later...

due to an upcoming EXTENDED deployment to who knows where...I may have to retire this tank because the wife cant keep up with maintaining more than one tank...

since theres really only the main rock on there im going to TRY to keep it all one piece in the 5 gallon and maybe re start the one gallon when i return. Ive got a month to decide...

Well that's not even a problem top priority above all is being met, thank you.

Besides you can move everything back it will just be collected for holding stay in touch man

• Like 1
Well that's not even a problem top priority above all is being met, thank you. Besides you can move everything back it will just be collected for holding stay in touch man
I agree, move it to the 5 gallon.

Be safe too.

Thanks guys. I'll keep lurking the forums on my downtime lol

I'm thinking of keeping the gsp just growing in there maybe. No rock just water circulating via hob filter something super simple.

Sucks. Hopefully next year I can go ahead a reach my full on 1 year mark for the one gallon...

maybe leave power head withthe cloves in the five? So those can spread too.

Sadly I killed off the cloves as I was trying to remove the damn sticker off the power head.

BTW if anyone wants to buy the light set up on this it's up for sale. I'm asking $340 shipped. :)The reef keeper may follow later on as well.

• Like 1
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

I admire the dedication you placed into our smallest 1 gallon Micro-Reefs tank...

You truly took it where no other had dare!

Mike Guerrero

CEO / OWNER

Micro-Reefs LLC

I admire the dedication you placed into our smallest 1 gallon Micro-Reefs tank...

You truly took it where no other had dare!

Mike Guerrero

CEO / OWNER

Micro-Reefs LLC

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

UPDATE 10NOV12

IMG_2878.jpg

My congratulations on your tank x3thelast. I also have a 5g Pico and two more bigger reef at home, and all are bare bottoms like yours.

Let me ask you how well the Ricordeas works as a mat on BB? Are you able to siphon around them? All my corals are over the rocks, but I'm considering to use some corals to cover my bare bottom as you do, maybe a combination of Ricordeas and Green Star Polyps. My only concern is, if I'll be able to siphon over them

My congratulations on your tank x3thelast. I also have a 5g Pico and two more bigger reef at home, and all are bare bottoms like yours.

Let me ask you how well the Ricordeas works as a mat on BB? Are you able to siphon around them? All my corals are over the rocks, but I'm considering to use some corals to cover my bare bottom as you do, maybe a combination of Ricordeas and Green Star Polyps. My only concern is, if I'll be able to siphon over them

thanks i may bring back this tank when i have the time. as for the corals, my siphon trick was to use a turkey baster and blow the detritus that was around them to get it in the water column, then siphon it out that way. :)

This is an awesome, awesome tank. You make BB work well and I imagine it's way easier to clean. My pistol shrimp would hate me though so no BB for me.

L

This is an awesome, awesome tank. You make BB work well and I imagine it's way easier to clean. My pistol shrimp would hate me though so no BB for me.L

Thanks. I had an idea before of wanting to do a pistol with a BB. it would have it's own area with sand sectioned off, like an underwater litter box. I never kept a pistol before hand so I wouldn't know if this was even plausible. :)

xDetroitMetalx

Mike linked me this thread as a guide to follow with my recent MicroReef 1g endeavor. I'm not sure if I can come to an outcome as extravagant as yours but reading your experience is sure helping me along the way. Thank you for keeping this up to date, this is a very valuable resource for such a rare set up.

Off topic, if you have vids / pics of your car and driving I would love to see them. I'm a huge auto enthusiast.

Thank you again very much.

Mike linked me this thread as a guide to follow with my recent MicroReef 1g endeavor. I'm not sure if I can come to an outcome as extravagant as yours but reading your experience is sure helping me along the way. Thank you for keeping this up to date, this is a very valuable resource for such a rare set up.

Off topic, if you have vids / pics of your car and driving I would love to see them. I'm a huge auto enthusiast.

Thank you again very much.

Oh nice! Props to Mike.

Dont be afraid to ask me anything about the one gallon anything, I learned alot from this tiny little set up. And as a car guy yourself, Im sure you already know that its REALLY hard for us to keep things stock and leave it alone haha.

I have a couple vids by other people filming on youtube somewhere and some magazine spread on D sport for the spocom event last year.

Thanks. I had an idea before of wanting to do a pistol with a BB. it would have it's own area with sand sectioned off, like an underwater litter box. I never kept a pistol before hand so I wouldn't know if this was even plausible. :)

He'd just scatter sand everywhere and make a mess. I know of some pistols that just live in rocks. My fiance has a bunch of those living in his tanks as hitch hikers, but all of the species that I've seen in the trade definitely burrow through the substrate.

L

• 1 year later...

Archived