Pod Your Reef

NanoTopia's ZEOvit 80L [ ]

NanoTopia

That really sucks. Fish deaths r always worse than coral for me even if they were 1/10 the price.

Have you thought about isolating the Chromis in a small quarantine/hospital setup and spot feeding him for the time being? Maybe some really healthy food soaked in vitamins? And as soon as you know he is eating, maybe medicate or hypo?

I'm not sure if there is anything medication-wise to help though :unsure:

I took him out last night, he was crashing into the glass and getting banged up, I just put him down, very hard thing to do for me but I felt it was the only thing to do at that point. Thanks all for helping :tears:

In his better days...R.I.P. "Tuna"

6804258063_2a822ffbba_z.jpg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kfmmartin19
I took him out last night, he was crashing into the glass and getting banged up, I just put him down, very hard thing to do for me but I felt it was the only thing to do at that point. Thanks all for helping :tears: In his better days...R.I.P. "Tuna"6804258063_2a822ffbba_z.jpg

RIP. u did the right thing.

Thanks Kat, he is the last survivor of the original chromis clan. Last of the Mohicans!

The wrasse is fine, thanks for asking. Yes QT is the solution to many reefers troubles down the road. It's really important to put healthy fish, free of parasites or any diseases, into your aquarium.

Amazing photography :)

Beautiful shots!!......Love the acro colour!

Thank you, I'm getting some good colour on the yellow now :)

Thanks Kat, he is the last survivor of the original chromis clan. Last of the Mohicans!

The wrasse is fine, thanks for asking. Yes QT is the solution to many reefers troubles down the road. It's really important to put healthy fish, free of parasites or any diseases, into your aquarium.

I could not agree more :)

Thank you, I'm getting some good colour on the yellow now :)

I could not agree more :)

Nice shots! The so wanted yellow!!

Mr. Microscope

Awe, sorry to read about your loss. :flower: That was a beautiful fish.
Such an awful parasite. You did the right thing.

Love the new pics of your corals. Awesome SPS shot!

Nice shots! The so wanted yellow!!

I'm sorry to hear about Tuna. A big hug for you.

New pictures look great, I'm loving the HH bi-valve!!!

Awe, sorry to read about your loss. :flower: That was a beautiful fish.

Such an awful parasite. You did the right thing.

Love the new pics of your corals. Awesome SPS shot!

Thanks all :)

Added May 2012, this 1" Cali Tort was a sickly looking frag, but I had high hopes for it...
7305282752_ce450b682b_z.jpg
This is the Cali Tort now, some 10 months later, slow to take off and attacked by AEFW, it now looks happy and growing nicely. I'm calling it the "Come Back Kid". :)
8553926064_17e3dd327c_z.jpg

Wow that tort looks great! I'm very sorry to hear your chromis didn't make it, I had to do the same when my prized opistognathus rosenblatti developed BSJF disease and I couldn't bear to watch him suffer anymore.

Nice growth. How long did it take for you to receive your clear tides reactor? Mine was said to be sent on 3/7, but nothing yet.

Oooohhhhh, sweet! Any chance of top-down shots?

Thanks Bello, since I hung my LED I find it hard to get in there to take shots, I am going to make a viewing box from some left over acrylic so that should help. I would like to take some good top down shots.

Nice growth. How long did it take for you to receive your clear tides reactor? Mine was said to be sent on 3/7, but nothing yet.

Ya, show shipping from the UK, then there is customs to consider, it was a good three weeks for me. The box came all torn up, I was sure the reactor didn't make it in one piece, but it did. Their packing sucks. Are you going to do the mod on it?

Ya, show shipping from the UK, then there is customs to consider, it was a good three weeks for me. The box came all torn up, I was sure the reactor didn't make it in one piece, but it did. Their packing sucks. Are you going to do the mod on it?

Bummer; he said it would take a week, thought that seemed a little fast.

Yup, doing the mod. Already bought the eheim pump

How do you get your skimmer to not over flow?

Ever since dosing start 3, I can't get my skimmer to not overflow. It either isn't enough to get gunk in the cup, or overflows. Can't win.

How do you get your skimmer to not over flow?

Ever since dosing start 3, I can't get my skimmer to not overflow. It either isn't enough to get gunk in the cup, or overflows. Can't win.

I skim dry so mine hasn't overflowed in months. Try a float switch in the cup connected to a controller that will shut off the skimmer when it starts to overflow. Or...skim dry, lol.

Just poppin in for an updated FTS :)..

I have that same purple gorg, love it, and can really take a beating from the vortechs. Sorry to hear about the fishy.. I've lost 2 chromis recently also.. one in quarantine, it was fine when I got home, then saw him having difficulty swimming after lights out. The other I just lost on Monday. No idea what happened to him, he just went missing in the big tank.... and then there were 3..

Good advice on the float switch in the skimmer cup.. I've not had a flood yet, but came close. I used some epoxy in the tank and my skimmer reacted violently, just about blew the lid off from all the foam and water was starting to pour down the sides. It does have a drain to shut the air supply off but that apparently doesn't seem to work very well at reducing the amount of bubbles the bubble blaster puts out.

Archived