ReefCleaners.org

Lion's Coral Den! Kessil, Rics, Zoas, Palys!

buddythelion

buddythelion

Looking into the tank as usually and noticed that one of my Sunny D palys has morphed in a red color. I've never seen or heard of it before, but I'm hoping that it keeps it. I definitely love the red splash!

Here's a picture:

Red Morphed Sunny D:

fvkxP.jpg

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks again! :lol:

Fish really don't like your tank huh? :( Get a clown! Picassos are my favorite because each one is unique. It's so fun to watch them grow up form wee little 1.5" and they have tons of personality. My 2nd favorite fish of all time.

Yeah, fish don't like this tank, but corals sure do! Btw, I know have a bunch of baby God of Wars.

Yep, it'll most likely be a clown. In which case the elegance will be moved more up front for display. It actually liked the front of the tank until the jawfish threw sand on it. I don't have a digging fish now so...

Love the triggerfish. :D the paly looks great. I hope the color stays too.

buddythelion
Yeah, fish don't like this tank, but corals sure do! Btw, I know have a bunch of baby God of Wars.

Yep, it'll most likely be a clown. In which case the elegance will be moved more up front for display. It actually liked the front of the tank until the jawfish threw sand on it. I don't have a digging fish now so...

Love the triggerfish. :D the paly looks great. I hope the color stays too.

Baby GOW... *droooooooooool* I want. A local said he might frag some so I'm crossing my fingers that they're a good deal like he always gives me. Probably my favorite person to get frags from. I originally thought that God of Wars were just a prettier Armor of God, but then I saw your pics and then... <3

I'm stumped as to why your fish aren't happy. Maybe it's time for some bullet proof fish... like a Starki Damselfish! Those guys always did look cool. It's like a resplendant angelfish but damselfish body.

DSC_1822.jpg

Where do you buy your stuff from? Everything is so bright and colorful.

Cant wait to see it grown out.

Locals and various online sites. Check the vendors on here. They're great. And try coralmorphologic. Great corals and prices.

buddythelion
Whoa, you got some really nice looking palys there..

Where do you get your frags from??? :D

Thanks, I get my corals from locals, LFS, and the vendors on here and some other forums. Just takes a bit of lurking around.

Here are my newest z + p's. Been looking for these at a good price and finally found some. So... I bought both of the frags available. :)

Acclimating:

Dark Phoenix Paly:

Frag 1:

IMG_7854.jpg

Frag 2:

IMG_7853.jpg

Freebie:

IMG_7855.jpg

In the tank:

IMG_7857.jpg

Took this shot while I had the camera out:

IMG_7859.jpg

Deleted User 4

Ahh Nice. I think I know where you got those. It's definitely one of the sites you recommended to me ahaha because when I was checking those out, I saw those same exact ones. :D

Is that a micromussa that you have below your palys??

buddythelion
Ahh Nice. I think I know where you got those. It's definitely one of the sites you recommended to me ahaha because when I was checking those out, I saw those same exact ones. :D

Is that a micromussa that you have below your palys??

Yup! Darth Maul Micromussa. I got it from my LFS but coraltheory has one right now too for a much cheaper per head than when I got mine. It's one of my favorite corals in the tank. Has a nice center and teal/aqua feeding tentacles.

IMG_7496.jpg

buddythelion
damnn those are freaking nice, not sure if it will look the same under 10k kessils ahah.

More or less about the same.

buddythelion
Those dark phoenix's are AMAZING!

Thanks man! How are the z + p's from me doing for you? Update that thread! If you want, I'll give you a heads up when I frag the dark phoenix's. :)

Thanks man! How are the z + p's from me doing for you? Update that thread! If you want, I'll give you a heads up when I frag the dark phoenix's. :)

Most are doing good. I lost a plug with one or two polyps not sure which, but rest are good. Love the palys! Waiting for all to grow out before I add pics (tank looks too "new" right now) I'd love a heads up on those Phoenix's.

buddythelion
I want those micros!!! :haha:

http://coraltheory.com/corals/aquacultured...g-micromussa-sp

I paid $20 a head. Now THAT'S a steal! NO EXCUSES! :P

Most are doing good. I lost a plug with one or two polyps not sure which, but rest are good. Love the palys! Waiting for all to grow out before I add pics (tank looks too "new" right now) I'd love a heads up on those Phoenix's.

Whoah, lost a plug? As in like... the plug itself is gone or the zoas? Think you remember what they look like?

buddythelion
Yeah, that is ahah. But I hate the disk..lol

Yeah. But you can pop it right off since it's just super glue. It's not like zoas/palys where it's already grown on. Mine's already covered the disk. If you were local we could have done a group buy from them, but alas... 5 hours. LOL.

Deleted User 4

lolol yeah, true. I suck at popping disks off though esp with my bare hands. Let the seller do that job haahah.

buddythelion
lolol yeah, true. I suck at popping disks off though esp with my bare hands. Let the seller do that job haahah.

Get chisel and pop. It's only super glue!

lol not the plug... I had the zoos up high near a similar looking frag but it didn't like the placement and I lost it before I realized what it was it didn't like. my fault totally... from my pics it looked like a couple deep blue polyps. I've got a couple zoas plugs pretty well grown, not sure I I should chop and glue em around my scape or just let frag grow out over rock. How do you all let your zoos grow out?

buddythelion
lol not the plug... I had the zoos up high near a similar looking frag but it didn't like the placement and I lost it before I realized what it was it didn't like. my fault totally... from my pics it looked like a couple deep blue polyps. I've got a couple zoas plugs pretty well grown, not sure I I should chop and glue em around my scape or just let frag grow out over rock. How do you all let your zoos grow out?

Hmm. Careful with the chopping. What I'd do it I break the frag plug they're on as small as you can and glue/place it onto the rock once you know they're happy there. But most of my frags are still on the frag disk because I was too scared to try earlier on because when freaking the frag plug it could crack under the polyps and damage them. I'm constantly fragging them too. For some reason most people prefer frag plugs. Let me know if you prefer rock rubble, as that's what I usually glue my frags onto. I think rubble makes it look all the better!

Deleted User 4
Hmm. Careful with the chopping. What I'd do it I break the frag plug they're on as small as you can and glue/place it onto the rock once you know they're happy there. But most of my frags are still on the frag disk because I was too scared to try earlier on because when freaking the frag plug it could crack under the polyps and damage them. I'm constantly fragging them too. For some reason most people prefer frag plugs. Let me know if you prefer rock rubble, as that's what I usually glue my frags onto. I think rubble makes it look all the better!

+1 rock rubble is better

buddythelion
+1 rock rubble is better

For display tank definitely. For frag tanks, frag disks + tiles ftw!

Btw...

Teaser pic for all you late night owls:

317992_10151315711377715_837412714_13492269_1026635108_n.jpg

Archived