Cultivated Reef

Well I ended up buying the Hydra26 and I must say it's a beautiful light. Now I just have to figure out what would be the best numbers to go with for my tank (15gal 24x12x12) . Right now I have the light 11" off the surface (see pic)

Any recommended levels? Right now got various corals including SPS and would like to get more.

Director-MyReef_zpsf6c8e827.jpg

PhotoOct08115758AM_zps0c7c156f.jpg

post-806-0-27030300-1412783918_thumb.jpg

Hi, can the optics be removed on the AI Nano or I shouldn't try opening it? Thanks

Yeah, you can open it up and mess with the optics. I just opened up mine last month to clean all the salt/dust.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.

I have a 18 gallon Aqua Mecic Blenny, with an AI Nano fixture.

How high would you estimate, that I can turn up the light? 100% white, 100% Royal blue and 100% Blue?

I have mostly LPS.

Hi.

I have a 18 gallon Aqua Mecic Blenny, with an AI Nano fixture.

How high would you estimate, that I can turn up the light? 100% white, 100% Royal blue and 100% Blue?

I have mostly LPS.

No comments anyone??

No comments anyone??

Not at first. Find something you like that peaks around the 20% range and work up 5% every week. It seems low but these lights can melt your softies and cook your tank in no time

• Like 1
No comments anyone??

I also have the nano and run 100% blues and only 98%whites- seems to give better color to me. But yes, absolutely ramp up slowly- I have all SPS that love light but I started at 35% and up'd it 1% a day - taking weekends off- if things looked stressed-stop for a few days- doubt you will have to be at 100% for LPS

• Like 1

APEX AND AI SOLS QUESTION

I'm currently using the new version of the controller for the Sols which I just got when I purchased a second Sol from a fellow reefer. I'm really liking the regional simulations, and I read that the director can sync to current weather patterns.

Since the release of Fusion for apex, I'm wondering if they have similar technologies/programming for the Sols or other LEDs.

Also, the internet and apex were not very specific, but if I'm understanding correctly, I do not need an additional module to control the Sols. I can just use a VDM cable to connect it to the apex. And its only the vega and hydra that need the module due to the additional channels. Is this correct?

Also, if you want to update the "owners list" I now have 2 blues instead of one and this is the link to the new build they will go on.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/352763-the-unexpected-shallow-80-gallon/

I also have the nano and run 100% blues and only 98%whites- seems to give better color to me. But yes, absolutely ramp up slowly- I have all SPS that love light but I started at 35% and up'd it 1% a day - taking weekends off- if things looked stressed-stop for a few days- doubt you will have to be at 100% for LPS

How shallow is your tank?

Thank you. Mine is 20 inch deep, so I guess 100% over time on white, would be okay.

Ya , probably be fine- just ramp it up slowly- I also like a little more blue-2%

No comments anyone??

The highest I run my lights are at 85% on a mix reef 40B. I was too lazy to do the 1%/day way, I just programmed lights and used the coral acclimation option on the controller. I've had the lights for a while, but still haven't gone up to 100%.

Just picked up a used AI Nano from the market place here on NR. The light looks great, I can't wait to get my tank wet (again). On that note, does anyone have output suggestions for a Nano over a BC29? I don't want to fry any corals. Tank will be mixed SPS/LPS with palys/zoas mixed in.

Also - some one should make an AI Club sig' banner!

IMG_20141103_182233_213_zpsibzw5pvs.jpg

Well - I decided to whip up some signature badges myself. I am not a designer - but I think it looks ok lol. Size should be 100 x 375 px.

I only ask that you don't link directly from my photobucket - don't want to eat up my bandwidth lol.

SOL:

SOL_zpsb936c1e0.png

VEGA:

VEGA_zps08d71815.png

NANO:

NANO_zps71636d2a.png

HYDRA:

HYDRA_zps962153f1.png

HYDRA TWENTYSIX:

HYDRA26_zps3f418f0d.png

HYDRA FIFTYTWO:

HYDRA52_zps78b5fd2d.png

PRIME:

PRIME_zpsb1e2eecd.png

EDIT:

Crap - for some reason photo bucket blew those up. Well, if you download it to your computer, you should be able to modify it so it's not so big.

Picked up my Hydra 26 and Director last night. Hung it over my Nuvo 8 gallon this morning and set up a basic profile of 60% across the board with a 2 week acclimation at 70% reduction. Looking forward to spending some time with it and getting an appropriate color profile set up.

141106-hydra-26.jpg

• Like 1
Picked up my Hydra 26 and Director last night. Hung it over my Nuvo 8 gallon this morning and set up a basic profile of 60% across the board with a 2 week acclimation at 70% reduction. Looking forward to spending some time with it and getting an appropriate color profile set up.

141106-hydra-26.jpg

Interested to see how you like the light- what corals are you keeping under it?

Got the Hydra hung last night! It looks awesome :) I'll need some time to tweak the settings, but I know I'll be able to find a color to look just great on my little tank.

Interested to see how you like the light- what corals are you keeping under it?

No corals yet, the tank has only been running a few weeks now. My plans are for mainly zoanthids and some ricordia but you really never can tell what's going to follow you home from a trip to the fish store!

141107-hydra-hung.jpg

• Like 1

No corals yet, the tank has only been running a few weeks now. My plans are for mainly zoanthids and some ricordia but you really never can tell what's going to follow you home from a trip to the fish store!

Haha- that's for sure- fill it up with SPS- let's test that light?