Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Hypes Archipelago

Rehype

interesting, I figured you woulda had your algae on reverse cycle...it should help some...have you noticed your ph swings further without the skimmer running? just curious

Ive always just run my algae 24/7. The times ive ran it on reverse cycle there wasnt really a significant difference in PH readings...

Nah the PH swings have been the consistent even with the skimmer offline.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ive always just run my algae 24/7. The times ive ran it on reverse cycle there wasnt really a significant difference in PH readings...

Nah the PH swings have been the consistent even with the skimmer offline.

It's quite a noticeable drop. When was the last time you calibrated your probe and do you dose 2-part?

It's quite a noticeable drop. When was the last time you calibrated your probe and do you dose 2-part?

I havent calibrated in month or two....it definitely needs to be recalibrated but i got similar readings from my seneye.I dose two part but only for alkalinity. I also keep my alk at 7 which contributes to lower PH.

Ever cleaned your probe before calibrating?

And oh if your lit 24/7 then it makes not a lot of sense

Ever cleaned your probe before calibrating?

And oh if your lit 24/7 then it makes not a lot of sense

Yep always.

I know right.. im going to try slowly increasing my alk to around 8dkh and leaving the fuge lights on a reverse cycle.

You're tank and photography make me jealous ....very jealous. :D

...The wife has a DSLR but no Macro lens. Sadly, I cannot get anywhere near the quality you have achieved.

Hats off to you sir!

You're tank and photography make me jealous ....very jealous. :D

...The wife has a DSLR but no Macro lens. Sadly, I cannot get anywhere near the quality you have achieved.

Hats off to you sir!

Thanks alot man i appreciate it....really look forward to seeing what you do with your new build.

ahh i see, do you still use it now and then, the syneye?

Yep occasionally for PAR and Dissolved oxygen readings.

Awesome tank as always Hype, how's the monti cap recovering?

Thanks alot kmatt. Unfortunately it never fully recovered so i unwillingly took it out. I thought the space could be better used.

teamschreiba

I'm sorry to hear that hype especially since yours was such a beautiful piece. I'm sure you'll find something else to take it's place though.

I'm sorry to hear that hype especially since yours was such a beautiful piece. I'm sure you'll find something else to take it's place though.

Yea it was definitely a bummer especially since ive had it for such a long time but i decided to put my Acropora Hoeksemai in its place and its a really nice fit.

Pic of the new placement? :) Sorry to hear about the monti though, thats a bummer

Thanks paigee.Ill have to post some updated shots havent had any time lately.

USCUBA2_2001

ok I go tired of looking for it and maybe I missed it plus I am sure it has changed over time. what is the equipment specs of this wonderful creation?

ok I go tired of looking for it and maybe I missed it plus I am sure it has changed over time. what is the equipment specs of this wonderful creation?

Just wanted to post an update on the tanks current equipment and husbandry

Lighting

The tank is currently lit by a 24" 6 bulb ATI Dimmable T5 sunpower. Theres also XHO reefbrites for actinic supplementation. The bulb combo is a mix of Blue Plus,Coral Plus, Purple Plus and GE6500k. The lights are currently about 8" off the surface. Light cycle runs from about 7-6 with the lights ramping from 0-100%. Maximum light output is maintained from 10-4 and then ramps back down.

Water Movement

Currently i have two MP10W which sync and are controlled by a neptune apex controller. The pumps run at a maximum of 50% and currently utilize all the modes provided by ecotech. Every few hours the pumps change modes to create a very diverse flow pattern throughout the day.

Filtration

Ive used a number of different filtration methods but recently decided to go back to the basics. Most recently i was vodka dosing and then shortly after using a GFO/Carbon reactor. Long story short i was stripping my water clean and starving my corals. So i decided to go back to using a refugium. I dedicated one chamber of my sump to cheatomorpha and the other to caulerpa prolifera. Im using 16 watt flood light over each chamber and its on 24/7. This keeps my nitrates at 0 and my phosphates at about 0.06 I run a small bag of GFO to get phosphates a bit lower as to help outcompete nuisance algae in the display but i have to be careful so as to not lower it too much and risk killing the good macroalgae.

Dosing

I currently only dose Reef code B for Alkalinity from Brightwell Aquatics.Im using a drews doser(controlled by my apex) to dose around 11ml daily.The system doesnt consume enough calcium between water changes to require dosing. (Oceanic saltmix runs really high in the calcium department) I perform 5 gallon water changes weekly and add additional iodide,potassium and trace elements to enhance the saltmix.

Feeding

Im feeding 1-2 times daily. I alternate mainly between spirulina brine and mysis shrimp.. I also feed rotifers,baby brine shrimp,reefpearls and zooplankton.

Hope that answers most questions but if you have any others feel free to ask.

Thanks for the complement.

Still want to visit. Will promise to behave and not drool inside the tank.

:flower:

Ok im thinking maybe in june sometime... :D

I'm still keeping my eye out for a clam for you hype. Havent seen any the last 2 times I have been there.

Your link is busted.

I cant see the pic

I'm still keeping my eye out for a clam for you hype. Havent seen any the last 2 times I have been there.

Thanks alot bud i appreciate it.

Archived