Top Shelf Aquatics

Hypes Archipelago

Rehype

what exactly did you do with the skimmer? 0.o

Right now its still sitting in the sump. I plan to clean it up sometime this week. Are you interested since i plan to put it up for sale?

What are feeding your corals? I prefer live phytoplankton, rotifers, and baby brine shrimp, but I'm curious what you use.

The same stuff. I also feed reefpearls and zooplankton

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do you like the reefpearls?

The corals really seem to love them. They respond almost immediately once theyre in the water column.

Do you know what kind of algae you will run on the turf scrubber? The link you posted was using hair algae from the tank.

Theres actually no need to seed the turf scrubber as it will grow the algae all on its own.

So how big is your sump with algae in it? I turned off my skimmer and want to try going without a skimmer. I have chaeto and I also have a gfo carbon reactor. I think it makes my water too clean for my corals (sps lps softies) and want to try skimmerles.

altolamprologus
The corals really seem to love them. They respond almost immediately once theyre in the water column.

Oh cool, I think I'll have to go get some.

So how big is your sump with algae in it? I turned off my skimmer and want to try going without a skimmer. I have chaeto and I also have a gfo carbon reactor. I think it makes my water too clean for my corals (sps lps softies) and want to try skimmerles.

My sump is 18 gallons but right now i have one chamber dedicated to cheato and one dedicated to caulerpa prolifera. They cheato has been growing incredibly well(properlighting and flow is very important to maximize cheato growth and nutrient export)

I had the same issue as i wanted to have more food in the water column for my coral.So far so good..

Just wanted to answer your question. It's JPmagyar's tank.

My favorite out there.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2019225

Thanks for posting that dan.

Oh cool, I think I'll have to go get some.

Definitely worth the money.

My sump is 18 gallons but right now i have one chamber dedicated to cheato and one dedicated to caulerpa prolifera. They cheato has been growing incredibly well(properlighting and flow is very important to maximize cheato growth and nutrient export)

I had the same issue as i wanted to have more food in the water column for my coral.So far so good..

Thanks for posting that dan.

Definitely worth the money.

Thanks. Btw your tank is amazing. What light do you use for chaeto

Hey hype thanks again. I recontacted the builders in NJ. I got quotes from several people regarding a tank and stand. They have been the most responsive thus far and I am working with them to have stuff done. They(we) are going to recreate the outside of D2minis cube tank stand. And hopefully I'll be headed up to meet in person with them soon to discuss the final details. I'm so excited lol

Thanks. Btw your tank is amazing. What light do you use for chaeto

Thanks alot. Im using 16 watt CFL floodlights.

Hey hype thanks again. I recontacted the builders in NJ. I got quotes from several people regarding a tank and stand. They have been the most responsive thus far and I am working with them to have stuff done. They(we) are going to recreate the outside of D2minis cube tank stand. And hopefully I'll be headed up to meet in person with them soon to discuss the final details. I'm so excited lol

No problem deck.Thats awesome news! Your going to be really happy with their work,especially since that build your putting together is going to be ridiculous.

Yea man. Haha its all your fault...making me want a shallow cube(haha I know 18inches isn't shallow but it looks like it proportionally). And I hope they're work is as good as all the reviews and setups I have seen. Considering this will be a show tank and on display in a bay window at the front of my house - I am expecting nothing less then perfect lol. It will be a journey trying to get a BOX of the ocean look with no equipment or overflows showing except the light pendents.

Yea man. Haha its all your fault...making me want a shallow cube(haha I know 18inches isn't shallow but it looks like it proportionally). And I hope they're work is as good as all the reviews and setups I have seen. Considering this will be a show tank and on display in a bay window at the front of my house - I am expecting nothing less then perfect lol. It will be a journey trying to get a BOX of the ocean look with no equipment or overflows showing except the light pendents.

Well i hope they do an awesome job and really look forward to seeing it develop.

Hey Hype, how are you?? could you please remember me how many gallons per hour is your return pump..

Hey giojo im good and u?my return pump is 740gph.

good too, thanks :)

i'm on the way of finishing my new setup which took all the inspiration from yours

as far as now, the stand is almost finished and the tank is in the leaking test right now.. hope to get all the plumbings done next weekend and then it will be water lol

i'm starting from the beginning with a all natural setup which means sump with only dsb, chaeto, heater , ato and return pump lol we'll see how it goes

good too, thanks :)

i'm on the way of finishing my new setup which took all the inspiration from yours

as far as now, the stand is almost finished and the tank is in the leaking test right now.. hope to get all the plumbings done next weekend and then it will be water lol

i'm starting from the beginning with a all natural setup which means sump with only dsb, chaeto, heater , ato and return pump lol we'll see how it goes

Thats awesome look forward to seeing your new build...Be sure to start a thread.

i<3nanotanks

Will the reef brites grow coral or are they just for aesthetic purposes like stunner strips also why would they be so expensive?

Will the reef brites grow coral or are they just for aesthetic purposes like stunner strips also why would they be so expensive?

They're very capable of growing coral. They give out the same amount of PAR as one of my ATI Blue+ bulbs. I use them for aesthetics,coral coloration and overall growth.

Lookin' awesome still!

Rehype, what bulb combo would you recommend for a two-bulb T5HO fixture?

Thanks alot jack,I appreciate you checking in.

Id go with an Aquablue Plus and a Coral plus.

Archived