inTank Media Baskets

20 long nano

racechase

Hey guys, after my recent foray into the reef world with an ADA mini m i decided 5.4 gallons wasnt enough for me, plus i got a great deal on the light ($50) and the koralia (free!) so here is my 10 gallon, my first real reef tank.

equipment:

10 galloner

Current 2x40W

Koralia 1

hydor theo 200W (soon to be replaced by a titanium heater when i get the money)

i only have 1/2lb of rubble in there right now but my order from sea life inc is getting shipped out monday (finally!:))

its kinda cloudy but its a start !

w8uag2.jpg

EDIT 4/9/09

Okay, even 10 gallons wasnt enough. i upgraded to a 20L tank.

Current stock:

17lb Sealife inc LR

30lb ocean direct live sand

1 yellowtail damsel

1 yellow clown goby

Equipment then:

Koralia 1, Nano on the way

Zoomed 501 canister holding purigen and chemipure elite

HOB for mechanical filtration

100W heater

2x40W Current PC, 4x24W T5HO on the way

101_0818.jpg

Equipment now:

Koralia 1, Nano

Zoomed 501 canister holding purigen and chemipure elite

HOB for mechanical filtration

100W heater

4x24W Catalina T5HO

IMGP0124.jpg

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
qwiksilver711
Hey guys, after my recent foray into the reef world with an ADA mini m i decided 5.4 gallons wasnt enough for me, plus i got a great deal on the light ($50) and the koralia (free!) so here is my 10 gallon, my first real reef tank.

equipment:

10 galloner

Current 2x40W

Koralia 1

HOB (soon to be replaced by zoo med canister holding purigen, chemipure elite, and filter floss once the tank is cycled)

hydor theo 200W (soon to be replaced by a titanium heater when i get the money)

i only have 1/2lb of rubble in there right now but my order from sea life inc is getting shipped out monday (finally!:))

its kinda cloudy but its a start !

w8uag2.jpg

Rock on! its got lots of possibilities.

thanks guys. i heard sea life had great rock, and it was pretty cheap compared to my LFS so i figured i'd give it a shot. :happy:

Do you think the Koralia 1 is sized OK for a 10g tank? I am asking because I also have a 10g, but no Koralia.

Yes I have a Koralia 1 in my 10 gallon and it works great

wooo i got my rocks today! shipped yesterday and arrived at 1 today. and lemme tell you, the guys at sea life inc dont f*&% around! the rocks have been in my tank for less than an hour and ive already spotted two tiny crabs and an orange lobster/shrimp looking guy. i'll take some pics when the tank clears up.

alright i got excited and took some pics. i think the haziness adds a cool effect ;) and i think the shrimp is a pistol shrimp!! i really hope he makes it through the cycle. i couldnt get any good pics of him because he receded into the dark and ominous cave..

10gk3z7.jpg

see him on the sand?

2zpp3qb.jpg

too hard 2 tell what it is... later get better pics of all the hitchhikers so we can ID them and make sure they arent bad. some pistols are bad. but looks good so far!!

haha i feel you. i had to wait an extra week for the rock but it was worth it!

i did some rearranging. its more of a center island look now. i'll take some pics (and hopefully some of the pistol if he comes out of hiding) once it clears.

haha i feel you. i had to wait an extra week for the rock but it was worth it!

i did some rearranging. its more of a center island look now. i'll take some pics (and hopefully some of the pistol if he comes out of hiding) once it clears.

I bet that you'll come up with a more iwagumi-ish scape than most :P

lmao i know the planted guy in my keeps moving these rocks to conform with amanos standards!! :P

but anyway, heres another scape idea

2a7wuuh.jpg

so should i go with glosso or hc? ;)

go with some 'belem' it'd be a nice soft touch to contrast with the rock, which may affect your hardness... (the water, I know what you're thinkin' :lol: )

Archived