Innovative Marine Aquariums

NanoTopia's ADA 30c [ FLIR ]

NanoTopia

SouthFlorida_Tron

My wife handles a household, but can't cook white rice, me on the other hand, just set in the oven a lovely 3 pound bone in pork shoulder to roast at 250* for 8 hours! mmmm Dinner tomorrow...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overflow Box with Lid

Unconventional White

This was a lot of work and I am glad it's done. I am very happy with the result. I siliconed it in place today and made the removable lid.

The pictures are self explanatory but if anyone has questions, fire away!

9889918854_9e3850a30f_c.jpg

9890027523_d6e33fb979_c.jpg

9889899715_47d6fd84dd_c.jpg

9889915865_38015c0335_c.jpg

Omg thats overflow is beautiful. If i didnt know better i would of though u bought it. U should make some videos of how you fabricate such masterpieces.

Have to follow this one! Looks really sleek.

Thank you and glad to have you along :)

:bowdown:

How were you able to complete the overflow with such ease at perfection of the silicone job?

Not hard really, I transfer the silicone to a 5mL syringe (no needle), this gives me more control of the dispensing and also allows me to get into tighter spaces. Practice helps too :)

Beautiful work christine...your attention to detail is staggering.

Thank you, the temptation to rush is definitely there right now since this build was delayed while waiting for the tank, but I am keeping myself from doing this. The tank is in the final stages now, next is plumbing.

Omg thats overflow is beautiful. If i didnt know better i would of though u bought it. U should make some videos of how you fabricate such masterpieces.

Thanks, no one wants to see my mess in the shop, but I can tell you that the tools used are OLD SCHOOL :)

That is one mighty fine looking overflow. Being white, it is going to look amazing once the coraline starts to grow.

Thanks, I toyed with the idea a few months ago, never seen it done so I figured why not give it a try. Traditionally black has been used, probably because it blocks out light and helps prevent algae growth inside the overflow area. Hopefully this is not too much of an issue to deal with.

I love the white theme. It turned out wonderful! Can't wait to see it all wet :D

Thank you :) I am pleased so far but yes, the true test is when it's wet, that should come in about a week. Stay tuned!

omg stahp!!! the polished edges on that box are insane. guys christine is actually a master artisan in disguise.

Haha, I wouldn't go quite that far. It takes only a few minutes to polish the edges, so why not :)

Looks very slick! Nice job!

Thanks, very appreciated :)

Oh I like

Thank you, stay tuned, more to come!

Really looks good!

Thank you Dave, more coming along with the light reviling, saving the best for last :)

Probably the best damn plumbing I have ever seen. So neat and so easily accessible. You have actually given me some nice ideas for a new sump I want to design for my tank :D.

This tank is just too... tooo.... toooo much to handle. I sort of give up on even making anything close to this.

Glad to see you're having so much fun with this build though! :)

at first i was gonna write "wow overkill" then i re-read whose thread this was and i now amend my statement to, "wow :eek: "

Haha, thanks, I might agree there is some overkill in this build, but my nick-name is "Overkill", Nano Overkill Topia :)

omg im so done right now.... like what?

There is not much here that you wouldn't find on a bigger reef tank, it's just compressed for a nano tank, takes more thought because space is tight, very tight.

Probably the best damn plumbing I have ever seen. So neat and so easily accessible. You have actually given me some nice ideas for a new sump I want to design for my tank :D.

Thanks, glad I can help :)

:owned: Amazing. I'm all beat up.

Take a deep breath, it's only a sump :lol:

This tank is just too... tooo.... toooo much to handle. I sort of give up on even making anything close to this.

Glad to see you're having so much fun with this build though! :)

Never give up, one step at a time, it can be done!

Yes I am having fun, it's a great hobby for me.

This is such a beautiful build! All those little details goes a long way! Can't wait to see this thing running!

Thank you kindly, still more details to come, aquascaping, this is going to be tricky and I am a little concerned that I may not pull off what I have planned to do. Well next week we will see.

I want to see your stand pipes in the overflow box Christine. Please?

Thanks

Yes, coming soon. My focus will be in the tank now once I get a fresh water test done. I will show all aspects of the tank with the dursos in place.

Archived