SaltCritters.com

Chad's 26g Is coming down!

Chadf

How often do you feed your fish? Water changes? What is your secret???

I feed a lot daily. 15-20% weekly water changes, wet skimming, and a DSB. That's it.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When people say wet skimming, what does that mean exactly?

The cup fills daily with clearish green water. It removes more organics than dry skimming where people would empty their cup like weekly, although dry skimming produces nasty looking skimmate making people think it works better.

what kind of salt do you use for wc ? any dosing + ?

Reef crystals. I dose seachem reef fusion 2 part daily and tech m twice a week.

I've officially been doing this for 7 years. I've changed one thing, MH to T5. That kid wants to give me stocking advice, I've been keeping the fish he read about online since he was in kindergarten.

Hey chad I was reading a thread earlier about some nuisance algae someone was fighting and you said you had good luck with the kent tech m method of removing some algae. I am interested in this method since I am currently fighting some gha. Any tips? I love the tank btw.

Hey chad I was reading a thread earlier about some nuisance algae someone was fighting and you said you had good luck with the kent tech m method of removing some algae. I am interested in this method since I am currently fighting some gha. Any tips? I love the tank btw.

Thanks! Tech m is for bryopsis. Raise mg to 2000 ppm over the course of 1-2 days, keep it there until it's gone. Watch salinity as heavy mg dosing will raise it, you may have to dilute your tank with FW. Normal GHA should be fought with manual removal, reduced feeding, reduced lights, more water changes, and wet skimming.

Never heard before Mag removing alage, very interesting if it work

It's pretty much the only way to kill bryopsis.

Threw away about 10 more BN frags last night. Would be nice to have a frag/grow out tank.

You threw them away? why not give them away to local reefers in your area? we have a program in my local club called dbtc, don't break the chain. I have gotten tons of nice corals for free, only thing I have to do is pay it forward when I frag it. I'm sure some locals would take it. Hell send it my way lol.

You threw them away? why not give them away to local reefers in your area? we have a program in my local club called dbtc, don't break the chain. I have gotten tons of nice corals for free, only thing I have to do is pay it forward when I frag it. I'm sure some locals would take it. Hell send it my way lol.

I could give away a frag daily. My local club is dead, there isn't even a post daily and barely anybody keeps sps.

Bought my grocery store out of loctite gel because there were $1 off coupons on them, should last me a while.

Love this song

Probably because I'm a country boy with a little ghetto in me from growing up in the city.

Really awesome tank boss....I usually don't care for bowfronts but your aquascape and coral placement accents it very well.

Next time you think about tossing corals feel free to toss them directly into my systems!

Bella's Reef

Chad - next time I head to the east side of the state I would take some frags off of you. I have the same username on MI Reefers also. Just getting back into the hobby after a few years off.

Really awesome tank boss....I usually don't care for bowfronts but your aquascape and coral placement accents it very well.

Next time you think about tossing corals feel free to toss them directly into my systems!

Thanks! They don't photograph the greatest but I love how they look in person.

Chad - next time I head to the east side of the state I would take some frags off of you. I have the same username on MI Reefers also. Just getting back into the hobby after a few years off.

I think I've seen you over there too. Let me know if you're ever heading this way, I'll refrain from tossing my birdsnest frags.

Archived