ReefCleaners.org

Hexadron's Nitoralis [Retired]

Hexadron

Okay well update for my Battery Backup. Turns out they shipped me a warranty return item by mistake. :closedeyes: In the email the gentleman i'm working with said they feel horrible about it, and are shipping me a new one ASAP. We'll see how long it takes. There have been a series of thunderstorms here in the past few days, and it would have been nice to have that piece of mind NOW. Oh well accidents happen I suppose.

And to go along with the bad news, I have some good news! I received my extension tubes and magnifying filters yesterday evening. i haven't even had time to play with them yet, but hopefully can take some photo's over the weekend. Stay tuned! (keep in mind there is nothing super spectacular in the tank yet!) :lol:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay well update for my Battery Backup. Turns out they shipped me a warranty return item by mistake. :closedeyes: In the email the gentleman i'm working with said they feel horrible about it, and are shipping me a new one ASAP. We'll see how long it takes. There have been a series of thunderstorms here in the past few days, and it would have been nice to have that piece of mind NOW. Oh well accidents happen I suppose.

And to go along with the bad news, I have some good news! I received my extension tubes and magnifying filters yesterday evening. i haven't even had time to play with them yet, but hopefully can take some photo's over the weekend. Stay tuned! (keep in mind there is nothing super spectacular in the tank yet!) :lol:

By mistake? Ok, if they say so but I don't believe that for a second. More than likely they were trying to unload their problem on you.

Nice! Brand new battery ftw!

Good to hear they are taking care of you!

By mistake? Ok, if they say so but I don't believe that for a second. More than likely they were trying to unload their problem on you.

Well overall they are fixing the problem. I mean accidents do happen, and it's really how they deal with it that shows. Will it affect if I shop there again or not. Absolutely. I won't necessarily give them a bad review, but I rather shop somewhere I don't have any issues at all.

On another note, I HAVE PODS! This morning, i'm like "What the hell are these white things on my glass?" Haha typical noob move. This makes me happy though. Except i'm going to have to clean the glass even more religiously now. :closedeyes::lol: I guess all's I needed before the Liverock was to 'dirty' up the water a bit. I've been feeding daily a good array of foods for everyone.

I'm hoping I have time to take some photos this weekend with my new gear I received. I have been working 6 days a week and my one day off is usually taking care of errands/cleaning house/laundry etc.. Ugh i'm exhausted.

Pods? Wow, where did they come from? Since you started with dry rock then i can only assume that they came in as a hitchhiker on a frag... And if that is so then your coral dip isn't very effective and could be letting other nasties in.

Pods? Wow, where did they come from? Since you started with dry rock then i can only assume that they came in as a hitchhiker on a frag... And if that is so then your coral dip isn't very effective and could be letting other nasties in.

Pods are nasties now?

Who said that???

I simply mentioned that if pods survived the dip then you would have to assume that others could also.

He also added a new piece of Lr, I bet that is where they came from.

oh, sorry i missed that. Have to see the fts then.

Yeah, I think we're all waiting on that.

Were going to petition to have Jordon's thread locked until he posts a new FTS. :naughtydance:

Okay okay guys! Here's some pics as promised :) Just a quick run with the extension tubes. Man these things are awesome, but a slight 1mm move and it's out of focus! These were with no tripod (too lazy) so hopefully I can get even sharper shots when i'm less lazy :P Enjoy :)

dfc4z4.jpg

FTS

34pcj2u.jpg

Where would I be without my PicO Life Net?!

e6tapf.jpg

Why hello there, Mr. Pod.

drfodv.jpg

You got some nice legs there

6xuj68.jpg

Lenny, you showstopper you.

2vllcg4.jpg

We have a sponge people!

Very nice pics. If I remember correctly, it seams like there is much more rock in your tank than you started with. I'd check back but don't know what page to go. lol Oh wait, post 363.

chippwalters

Nice pictures! It'll be fantastic once you get some corals in there. What happened to all the SPS frags you had? All dead? If so, bummer. Just curious, why didn't you go for an ADA tank? Not that yours is bad or anything, but for photographing it would best to have Starphire glass.

FWIW, I recently ordered one of these and am looking forward to using it:

http://bit.ly/11nFquG

EDIT: Nevermind. I see where you do have Starfire glass (not sure whether it's Starphire or Starfire, I see it both ways).

Now I see where your spelling seems to be correct..

Technically it is just low-iron glass I believe. Starphire is merely a brand by ppg. It's like tissue and Kleenex, name just caught on.

edit: other brands i could find are Krystal Klear and UltraWhite

Damn I need to get some lens extension tubes

They kick ass. It's nice too because no degradation in quality, as it's really just spacers, and no glass. I bought these

Excellent! The crowd goes wild!!! :D

Lenny the Blenny. :wub:

Perfect name! :P He's so damn shy though.

Very nice pics. If I remember correctly, it seams like there is much more rock in your tank than you started with. I'd check back but don't know what page to go. lol Oh wait, post 363.

LOL, Yup I decided to go with a few choice pieces of Liverock. Now not choice in the fact of them being pretty, but choice as in full of life!!! So much goodness on here. My base rock was just feeling a bit too sterile. I just kind of chucked it in there, but will probably place around with it a bit more come next water change.

Very nice! I cant wait for some new additions :)

Me too! I have some inverts on special order, but they are proving to be quite difficult to get!

Nice pictures! It'll be fantastic once you get some corals in there. What happened to all the SPS frags you had? All dead? If so, bummer. Just curious, why didn't you go for an ADA tank? Not that yours is bad or anything, but for photographing it would best to have Starphire glass.

FWIW, I recently ordered one of these and am looking forward to using it:

http://bit.ly/11nFquG

EDIT: Nevermind. I see where you do have Starfire glass (not sure whether it's Starphire or Starfire, I see it both ways).

Now I see where your spelling seems to be correct..

Unfortunately my SPS frags have died. I removed them last week as it was just too heartbreaking seeing them there, and I was quite sure they were not coming back.

I was planning ADA at first, but I personally like PicO aquariums for me, and liked that I had it custom made to my exact specification as well. It is 4 sided Low-Iron BTW, kind of overklill for the back as it's mostly covered by overflows :lol:

Optically, it should be nearly identical to ADA tanks. It's also only 1/4 inch thick.

Technically it is just low-iron glass I believe. Starphire is merely a brand by ppg. It's like tissue and Kleenex, name just caught on.

edit: other brands i could find are Krystal Klear and UltraWhite

In the UK they seem to be marketed differently, but in the end it's all pretty much the same!

My next tank will be sapphire! :D:ninja:

Archived