Pod Your Reef

Hexadron's Nitoralis [Retired]

Hexadron

Well I suppose I could risk putting two together and hoping for the best :lol: I'd be worried if it doesn't work out well though. LOL

My dreams of a TSB mated pair are crushed. Or are they...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I am biased but I suggest a Citron gobi. My Skipper has maxed out at about 1 1/2 inches. He has colored up nicely into a rich creamy yellow that transitions to orange. He has got lovely blue stripes on the face and down the dorsal fin that stand out under blue LEDs. His fins are generous and showy. His personality is tops. He is not nervous, not aggressive not a jumper and is always front and center (a camera hog). He is always skipping from rock to rock and perches there a few moments to maintain control of his subjects. I could watch him for hours.

Edit: I forgot to mention that he is an easy keeper as he eats anything you drop in the tank.

However, there are so many neat fish to choose from I understand your dilemna!

Yeah...I've fallen in love with Skipper. Albert has one too. Seems like a great fish to me :)

Well I suppose I could risk putting two together and hoping for the best :lol: I'd be worried if it doesn't work out well though. LOL

My dreams of a TSB mated pair are crushed. Or are they...

I have the answer on how to sex them!!!!! I learned this from Rehype. Shorter body is a female. Longer body is a male. Now I may have that mixed up but the gist of it is the length of the body. Here are some example photos. If they have a tank full of them, just pick out one long body and one short body fish. ;)

Short body (female)

tsbf1_zps733bb0a3.jpg

Long body (male)

tsbm1_zps05632fa6.jpg

Yeah...I've fallen in love with Skipper. Albert has one too. Seems like a great fish to me :)

I have the answer on how to sex them!!!!! I learned this from Rehype. Shorter body is a female. Longer body is a male. Now I may have that mixed up but the gist of it is the length of the body. Here are some example photos. If they have a tank full of them, just pick out one long body and one short body fish. ;)

Short body (female)

tsbf1_zps733bb0a3.jpg

Long body (male)

tsbm1_zps05632fa6.jpg

I can't "like" this post enough! I've been searching all afternoon (at work :D ) and couldn't find anything really. If Hype said that i'm sure it's true! Thanks so much Gena. You know what, I may just try that! I'm madly in love with these types of fish, yet I don't know why. :lol::wub:

So does that mean mine is a female?

post-79022-0-50315100-1363352905_thumb.jpg

By the way, I got really lucky with this one. I had them feed her at the pet store and even home on the second day she'll accept just about anything which is great! I want her to live a LONG time. Oh and she's not shy at all now after the 1st night which is even better!

So does that mean mine is a female?

attachicon.gifBlenny small.jpg

By the way, I got really lucky with this one. I had them feed her at the pet store and even home on the second day she'll accept just about anything which is great! I want her to live a LONG time. Oh and she's not shy at all now after the 1st night which is even better!

Looks like it to me.

I hope the identifying works out for you at the LFS, Jordon :)

I hope the identifying works out for you at the LFS, Jordon :)

Me too. Haha knowing my luck they will all look the same :rolleyes:

I think i'm going to try it though. I guess if they show signes of aggression, I could always remove one and take it back. Lets cross our fingers though! I'l keep everyone posted, but since my tank is still cycling, It's going to be a while.

@nicholc2

From what i gathered TSB are herbivores, but have you seen yours eat any pellets or food or anything not necesasarily geared towards herbivores? I plan on getting food for the blenny, but also have some new food that has some "meatyness" to it :P

My fingers will be crossed when the time comes fingerscrossed

I've had tailspot blennies and they will definitely eat meaty foods like mysis. Pellets too!

My fingers will be crossed when the time comes fingerscrossed

I've had tailspot blennies and they will definitely eat meaty foods like mysis. Pellets too!

Ah good to know. :) I have yet to do research on their diet, but with my turtle speed cycle, I definitely have time

I am getting a tailspot as well, I've been looking for a couple months but haven't found one yet.... I don't want to have him shipped.

I am getting a tailspot as well, I've been looking for a couple months but haven't found one yet.... I don't want to have him shipped.

I have luck there, my LFS always seem to have these guys in stock, but when it comes to nice SPS corals ... Slim pickin's

Yes, TSB Club!

I got a tsb..... :]

Oh ya that's right! When do you get your order again? Have you had any past experience with them?

Nothing but bicolor and Midas blennys around me.

Blenny's FTW. If my tank was a bit larger i would have probably wanted a Midas, but I know they get a bit larger (blenny-wise)

Oh ya that's right! When do you get your order again? Have you had any past experience with them?

Blenny's FTW. If my tank was a bit larger i would have probably wanted a Midas, but I know they get a bit larger (blenny-wise)

I get my order tomorrow.....

1 male blue star leopard wrasse

2 female blue star leopard wrass

1 helfrichi firefish

1 suntail goby

1 tailspot blenny....

Never had any experience with them...but lol I think I can handle it :)

Biggest tip I can give you....if you turn your mp10 off be sure to check that it's empty before you turn it back on!!!!!! TSB's LOVE to go inside them!!!! I used to have a sign up by my mp10 control box reminding me to check before turning it back on. :)

I get my order tomorrow.....

1 male blue star leopard wrasse

2 female blue star leopard wrass

1 helfrichi firefish

1 suntail goby

1 tailspot blenny....

Never had any experience with them...but lol I think I can handle it :)

Ugh, it's a bummer about the Paypal thing. I think i'll pick up some more food on one of my next orders. I have Fauna Marin Base Energy and Soft Shrimp Pellets, but think i'll add Wakame+ to the mix. What do you guys think? Is Frozen food a must? Still trying to figure this out. I know variety is always a good thing.

2ntl7gi.jpg

Biggest tip I can give you....if you turn your mp10 off be sure to check that it's empty before you turn it back on!!!!!! TSB's LOVE to go inside them!!!! I used to have a sign up by my mp10 control box reminding me to check before turning it back on. :)

Good to know! :P I don't think I will have my mp10 off at any time (unless there is a power outage) but i'll keep my eye out. Those Tail Spots have expensive taste in lounging :P

Could you take a closer picture of the razor? I want to inspect its quality picture-wise. :)

I definitely can! Any requests? Did you want to see a certain angle, or section?

Ugh, it's a bummer about the Paypal thing. I think i'll pick up some more food on one of my next orders. I have Fauna Marin Base Energy and Soft Shrimp Pellets, but think i'll add Wakame+ to the mix. What do you guys think? Is Frozen food a must? Still trying to figure this out. I know variety is always a good thing.

I use a mix of various pellets (New Life, Hikari, Formula One) and frozen mysis and brine shrimp, plus algae sheets and flake from Omega One, and reconstituted Cyclopeeze (freeze-dried and soaked) - basically stuff I can pick up locally, as I believe variety is beneficial, and no one item is absolutely necessary.... ;)

Frozen isnt a must for fish. But it is fun to feed lps, anemone and fish frozen...mysis lol. I went about 7 months feeding dry.

Me too. Haha knowing my luck they will all look the same :rolleyes:

I think i'm going to try it though. I guess if they show signes of aggression, I could always remove one and take it back. Lets cross our fingers though! I'l keep everyone posted, but since my tank is still cycling, It's going to be a while.

@nicholc2

From what i gathered TSB are herbivores, but have you seen yours eat any pellets or food or anything not necesasarily geared towards herbivores? I plan on getting food for the blenny, but also have some new food that has some "meatyness" to it :P

She LOVES the Cyclop-eez I've been feeding her. As does the clown. She gets right up in the water column and goes to town on it. Of course the fact that the sexies and corals will munch on it too is an added bonus. ;-)

Screen top is boss son lol....just remember to give it a bath every week or so to wash the salt creep off or eventually it wont come off since ita acrylic

filed away in memory banks. 10-4

Archived