Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Hexadron's Nitoralis [Retired]

Hexadron

Spirofucci

That is the absolute best unboxing pics I have ever seen!!!

Looking forward to the corals!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay so turns out pretty much all of the individual coral pics I took were horrendously blurry. :furious: I'll post the 'family' so you guys have something, but the water is too murky for photos right now. Probably due to the corals, being stressed. Overall though, they look good :D I will post more photos as soon as the water clears.

b9z6q.jpg

Not my best 'Photography' but it gets the point across.

Spirofucci

Those are right out of the bag???? They are some choice pieces!!!!!

I'll bet you can't wait to get them in the DT!! I know all your nano fans, including me can't wait.

Those are right out of the bag???? They are some choice pieces!!!!!

I'll bet you can't wait to get them in the DT!! I know all your nano fans, including me can't wait.

They all came out very well except one. The Teal/Purple Acropora Echinata looks bleached for sure. The base is fine, but the middle section is quite light.

I am excited to see them color up even more!

Nice haul Jordon!

Thanks kat :) I like all of them so far.

I hope the frag on the left is okay. Not too sure if its the picture but it looks pretty white.

You're right, it was like that right out of the bag from shipping. All corals handled the acclimation fairly well from what I can see, but the Teal/Purple Acropora Echinata, is looking bad. Here's to hoping I can get it back to where it should be. It's lights out until tomorrow for these guys.

Second one from the right on the bottom row... whoa :wub::wub:

That's the Purple Bonsai. It's a looker! I'm so happy they had that one in stock.

So as I mentioned, the water is murky and has a slight odour to it. I just tested for ammonia, and it is a little above 0.00 - so traces are present. I am getting some water ready for a 50% water change, just to be safe.

Looks great Jordon, looking forward to more pics once the corals settle in.

Christine :)

Second one from the right on the bottom row... whoa :wub::wub:

I agree! You can just sent me that one! Da-yum!

Deleted User 4

I hope the frag on the left is okay. Not too sure if its the picture but it looks pretty white.

Yeah I was eyeing the same thing.....it looks like it's close to death.

Honestly Jor,

The best unboxing pictures I've ever seen on NR. Lmao!

Corals are looking great except for that one piece on the left.

It's a good think they didn't pack any penguins with ties, they are really difficult to acclimate. Everything looks fantastic, who did you order from? I've never received an order with suck nice labels.

Deleted User 4
Lol kiddo? Maybe I meant to say suck nice labels ;)

Lolol just a catchy phrase I hear all the time haha.

Deleted User 4

Well if people are calling you kiddo I'm not so sure that is a good thing.

Lolol just a rhyming thing. No intentions on calling you kiddo. :)

Okay so turns out pretty much all of the individual coral pics I took were horrendously blurry. :furious: I'll post the 'family' so you guys have something, but the water is too murky for photos right now. Probably due to the corals, being stressed. Overall though, they look good :D I will post more photos as soon as the water clears.

b9z6q.jpg

Not my best 'Photography' but it gets the point across.

Wow.. sweet sps!

Lolol just a rhyming thing. No intentions on calling you kiddo. :)

Lol I don't give a shit what you call me, I was just messing with you.

Finally!!!! Some really nice pieces there omgomgomg

Thanks :) Took me a bit to come up with ones that caught my eye, but I think I did alright. :)

Looks great Jordon, looking forward to more pics once the corals settle in.

Christine :)

Thanks Chrisitne ;)

Very nice pieces :)

Thank You.

Wow. Very nice!! I think it is time for a Remorbis FTS!

I wish. I have some 'issues' I will list below. Maybe you guys can help me.

WOW. :wub:

I agree! You can just sent me that one! Da-yum!

Come to CANADA! ;)

Yeah I was eyeing the same thing.....it looks like it's close to death.

Honestly Jor,

The best unboxing pictures I've ever seen on NR. Lmao!

Corals are looking great except for that one piece on the left.

Good news is it isn't RTN or STN, the tissue is all there, and the base is colored well, but up from there is bleached. I had lights out yesterday, but will start a shorter ~4-6 hour photo period today with a bit less intense light (moved Par38 to the other side of the tank without corals) and slowly move it closer and increasing to 8 hour photo period throughout the next few weeks.

It's a good think they didn't pack any penguins with ties, they are really difficult to acclimate. Everything looks fantastic, who did you order from? I've never received an order with suck nice labels.

Haha :lol:

I ordered from a newer place called Canada Corals. It's nice because they let all their frags grow out an dencrust before selling. They run a pretty nice place. They just moved locations and aren't selling to the public ATM, but Isabelle over there was able to score me some pieces :)

canada-corals-1.jpg

canada-corals-3.jpg

Wow.. sweet sps!

Thanks!

Okay everyone. I have some slight 'issues' Like I mentioned there was freshly mixed saltwater in the Coral QT tank yesterday when adding the corals, but soon after acclimating then adding them the tank got pretty cloudy. So I did a 50% water change, but the cloudiness is still there this morning :( Overall it's been about 12 hours since the water change, and nothing has improved.

I tested params today and this is what it looks like:

Ammonia: 0.00

Nitrite: 0.00

Nitrate: 0.00

Phosphate: 0.0122

dKH - 8.6

The only reason there is phosphate is most likely due to me adding 1 drop of Zeofood7 yesterday to help feed the corals. Maybe it's too low?

I have 1.5tbsp of Carbon rox 0.8 and two filter pads running in the AC50. No Liverock or rubble or anything as I was planning on doing twice per week 50% water changed anyways, but wasn't expecting cloudy water <_<

Anyways, I am looking for suggestions. Should i do another water change today, add any other filter media? I also have a new 100ml pack of Purigen on hand, but i'm not sure that would solve this problem.

Archived