Pod Your Reef

Hexadron's Nitoralis [Retired]

Hexadron

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spirofucci

Corals? I was starting to think you just liked yer tank as is and forgot all about corals............:)

Seriously, It's cool you're diong this whole thing just right.......it's gonna be just awsome soon!

For now it will be. The Zoa's I was going to get sold out. All part of my reef curse for last month.

That's where their products shine most likely. What I'll do is cease dosing for the time being, then add the corals, and probably monitor for a while, then experiment with Zeo again. That way i should have a better understanding to share of the effect on the corals.

I am actually leaning towards the Fauna Marin products a bit more though. It's not the same level of control as you can have with Zeo, but i have seen some great tanks in Germany that use those products exclusively, and WOW!

You think so? See, this is where i was concerned. You suggest I lower it a bit? How are your corals doing Tristan? What percentage you using? This is my schedule:

MaxSpect Razor Program

7:00am 0% 1%

10:00am 10% 10%

1:00pm 20% 20%

4:00pm 10% 20%

7:00pm 0% 10%

10:00pm 0% 0%

So far everything is doing great, I bumped it up 5% from where I had it with the Ai and ill probably go up more in time.

8:30 0-0

10:00 5-45

12:00 45-45

16:00 45-45

20:00 4-45

23:00 0-0

Only difference is obviously I only have one cluster as opposed to your two, but my light is 9" above water level.

I'm going to change the 5-45's to 5-25 though.

RE: Lighting

This weak I turned my AI lighting down much lower (attempt to control algae and help the three shyer Rics open up) and I might keep it like this. 4:00 Ramp time linked to Florida Keys with 15w/25b/25rb max. Seems plenty bright to my eyes, and the Rics are responding well so far. (Obviously, I'm not housing SPS though)

I think your schedule is fine. But that's too bad you're adding zoas later on... Jk

Well i'm not 'against' adding anything. We'll just have to see... The problem is (if you want to call it that) is i'm so picky, I won't stick just anything in there. I was surprised to find 11 corals I actually liked though! The luck is returning!

Corals? I was starting to think you just liked yer tank as is and forgot all about corals............ :)

Seriously, It's cool you're diong this whole thing just right.......it's gonna be just awsome soon!

Haha, no that got old quick. I'm trying to do it as right as I can! Thanks :)

So far everything is doing great, I bumped it up 5% from where I had it with the Ai and ill probably go up more in time.

8:30 0-0

10:00 5-45

12:00 45-45

16:00 45-45

20:00 4-45

23:00 0-0

Only difference is obviously I only have one cluster as opposed to your two, but my light is 9" above water level.

I'm going to change the 5-45's to 5-25 though.

Well this gets me thinking 20% should be alright. I guess the only way to know for sure it to wait and see :)

RE: Lighting

This weak I turned my AI lighting down much lower (attempt to control algae and help the three shyer Rics open up) and I might keep it like this. 4:00 Ramp time linked to Florida Keys with 15w/25b/25rb max. Seems plenty bright to my eyes, and the Rics are responding well so far. (Obviously, I'm not housing SPS though)

Thanks for the input and your experiences. I think for now i'll keep the program as-is.

The thing i'm a little more concerned with is the height of the Par38 bulb, as it isn't dimmable, so I was thinking 12"? Anyone have experience with those? Remember this is for the 5.5g Coral QT

Deleted User 4

At least it comes with a 14 day guarantee.

Lmao. So if you kill the fish on purpose within the 14 days, Diver's Den loses $4,000? ahahhaha

timothybui

Now that Jordan has finally ordered some corals, I think it's my turn..

Can't wait for the update Jordan!

Deleted User 4

About time man. Keep me updated.

timothybui

:(

I'm too broke!! haha

How are you broke when living in DB? You should be saving a lot of money.

Deleted User 4

How are you broke when living in DB? You should be saving a lot of money.

I don't live in DB, I live kinda live near it though ahah. Saving money?? I wish....haha.

timothybui

I hang out in that area sometimes on numerous occasions. I remember being undefeated in Initial D at Arcade Infiniti, some guy wanted all his money back because he couldn't beat me.

Saw this on Divers Den today Tristan, you were the only one I could think of housing it... Please wont you give this poor fish a home?

bQuo0Sy.png

2.5K on PIA - I think there's a 7 day guarantee

Deleted User 4

I hang out in that area sometimes on numerous occasions. I remember being undefeated in Initial D at Arcade Infiniti, some guy wanted all his money back because he couldn't beat me.

Lmao!!! Ohh you probably went to Diamond Plaza. There's an arcade there famous for that. I've been there numerous times ahha. But honestly, I'm broke though ahah. My friends or past friends are freaking rich lmao.

NanoTopia

Congrates on the coral order Jordon, looking forward to seeing them in the tank. I would not put the above mentioned fish in a tank under 20 gallons personally, maybe a small goby?

Christine

Cute guy. I'm still in love with the TSB though :P

I'll keep you guys posted.

Congrates on the coral order Jordon, looking forward to seeing them in the tank. I would not put the above mentioned fish in a tank under 20 gallons personally, maybe a small goby?

Christine

Thanks Christine. One of these days we'll have to do a trade of sorts. Of course, that's once I have enough growth to actually frag :P I'm thinking Blenny/Goby as well. I am on a wait list at my LFS for a TSB. They go so fast.

Saw this on Divers Den today Tristan, you were the only one I could think of housing it... Please wont you give this poor fish a home?

bQuo0Sy.png

Haha, "Peacefull, yet poisonous when stressed or dies."

Im actually thinking about getting a pair of neon gobies, always had a thing for them. My only worry is feeding, not sure what they would go after with such tiny mouths.

jedimasterben

Haha, "Peacefull, yet poisonous when stressed or dies."

Im actually thinking about getting a pair of neon gobies, always had a thing for them. My only worry is feeding, not sure what they would go after with such tiny mouths.

They'll eat anything you put in the water.

Archived