Coral Vue Hydros

Hexadron's Nitoralis [Retired]

Hexadron

Deleted User 4

Ahhh yes, I forgot about the Timberlands. I never had those before. From elementary school through out high school I've always had Jordans and Nikes. Now I just wear a bunch of casual Vans shoes lol.

Lolol. I had a pair of timberlands...that was during the black phase of 1st 2 yrs in highschool. Those 2 years I wore big white/black t's and air force 1's/dunks with rocawear, sean john, enyce, l-r-g, etc... I was so black lmao.

Then 3rd-4th yr I rocked nike sb dunks, lemar & dauley, orisue, nike blazers, alife, stussy, mhi (maharaishi), rogue status, etc.

After highschool, I became a hipster lmao. Just wore anything that looked hipsterish...converse, levi's, urban outfitters kind of stuff.

Now, I just wear dress shirts with dress shoes. Cheap stuff from h&m lmao.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooh, looks like they carry them at the Nordstrom near my favorite LFS. Seems like a sign I should check them out. :ninja:

I think you should ;) They have pretty sweet stuff, and not ridiculously priced.

Wait the boots in the back. Are they like extreme high tops? lol

Not really. They come maybe like 2-3 inches above the ankle. Higher than chukkas.

Ahhh yes, I forgot about the Timberlands. I never had those before. From elementary school through out high school I've always had Jordans and Nikes. Now I just wear a bunch of casual Vans shoes lol.

I love me some Vans. Those are mostly packed away, as spring is just coming. Too cold to wear those in winter here :lol:

Nice shooz Jordan. I shop at Top Shop but only in London, their US selections suck.

Thanks. That's literally only a fraction of my shoes. Mostly my winter shoes. I haven't shopped there in North America. In canada we are starting to get it as select Hudson's Bay stores, but their selection is also limited. I usually order directly from the UK online. I did visit a Topman in Japan which was epic. Shopping in general is epic there :D

Yoo jordon,

You should do a scoly tank someday. :)

$$$$$ ahaha

Hmm, i'm not the biggest fan of scoly's to be perfectly honest. I'm not crazed about all those crazy 'ultra' color combinations. I like good ol' boring SPS. This tank may even be 100% SPS, i'm not quite sure yet, but so far that's what it's looking like.

Either way it's gonna be $$$ :lol:

I would really love a clam someday as well. I want to wait until my tank has 'aged' a bit longer after my main coral additions, but i'm super picky, so it's also waiting for the right one to come up.

Deleted User 4

Dude, all sps only box is even better! :)

Even if you throw a few clams in there, clams are inverts so those don't count!

Dude, all sps only box is even better! :)

Even if you throw a few clams in there, clams are inverts so those don't count!

I love them colored sticks! Some people say it looks sterile, but that's what the fish are for DUUUUHHHHH :rolleyes::lol:

I don't know about 2 clams though. Maybe with Nitoralis 2.0 :ninja:

Deleted User 4

I love them colored sticks! Some people say it looks sterile, but that's what the fish are for DUUUUHHHHH :rolleyes::lol:

I don't know about 2 clams though. Maybe with Nitoralis 2.0 :ninja:

Lol. You mean a new tank thread with a new tank and title not an additional new division number. :)

Deleted User 4

We shall see how far into sps I go, the bug has sure hit me but I still love my zoas... And I have a scoly lol

Dude, when was the last time you stopped by Disc Trop? They got some pretty scolys :)

Lol. You mean a new tank thread with a new tank and title not an additional new division number. :)

We'll see when the time comes. There's literally no room in my current condo, so a larger tank will only happen if/when I move, or redecorate the entire place.

We shall see how far into sps I go, the bug has sure hit me but I still love my zoas... And I have a scoly lol

The bug hit me before I started haha! I just have yet to find a scoly that appeals to me. Like I said, i'm boring. Either that or too damn picky. <_<

Deleted User 4

Scolys.... lol. I remember I had one. It was like a warpaint scoly but with more of a dominant orange. The orange was soo freaking bright though ahah.

Someone needs to get some baby scolys. Cheaper and bright as hell.

Jordon, I'm sure you can find a scoly that fits your acquired taste. :)

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0oGdUOFoHxRfUAAGMNXNyoA?p=scolymia&fr=yfp-t-900&fr2=piv-web

Scolys.... lol. I remember I had one. It was like a warpaint scoly but with more of a dominant orange. The orange was soo freaking bright though ahah.

Someone needs to get some baby scolys. Cheaper and bright as hell.

Jordon, I'm sure you can find a scoly that fits your acquired taste. :)

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0oGdUOFoHxRfUAAGMNXNyoA?p=scolymia&fr=yfp-t-900&fr2=piv-web

This one is sweet, if it didn't have the red. I'm not a big fan of super multi-colored things. Maybe one day I will meet my scoly soulmate :P

Bleeding-Warpaint-Scolymia.jpg

Deleted User 4

Ohhh, so you want one that's dark purple with light blue? There's plenty of those around.

And they're cheaper too because of the 2 only colors. The only 2 colored scolys that come in pricey are the bleeding apples (red/green).

Anyways, I still think you should stick with the all sps box for this tank. :)

It would look weird to see sticks with other types of corals imo.

The only thing that really turns me off about Acropora is that no one IDs the different species and there's a dozen names for a handful of recognizable color morphs.

"That's an awesome looking coral, what kind of Acropora is that?"
"Oh that's an Acropora sp."

"Oh, ok. What about that other completely different looking one?"
"Oh that's an Acropora sp. too."

The only thing that really turns me off about Acropora is that no one IDs the different species and there's a dozen names for a handful of recognizable color morphs.

"That's an awesome looking coral, what kind of Acropora is that?"

"Oh that's an Acropora sp."

"Oh, ok. What about that other completely different looking one?"

"Oh that's an Acropora sp. too."

Once you start collecting acros, you slowly learn how to ID a handful of species. What turns me off about Acros is once you start buying them, it cost and arm... then a leg... then a kidney... then a lung... and so forth.

Deleted User 4

Once you start collecting acros, you slowly learn how to ID a handful of species. What turns me off about Acros is once you start buying them, it cost and arm... then a leg... then a kidney... then a lung... and so forth.

You mean when they keep dying and you keep buying right?

Lmao.

You mean when they keep dying and you keep buying right?

Lmao.

Heh that too. Buuuuuut if you buy an expensive piece OR have something unique, you're going to do whatever it takes to make sure you won't kill it (hence, stay on top of your tank and make sure stability happens and stays stable)

Deleted User 4

Heh that too. Buuuuuut if you buy an expensive piece OR have something unique, you're going to do whatever it takes to make sure you won't kill it (hence, stay on top of your tank and make sure stability happens and stays stable)

That means frequent water changes, dosages and test kits right? lol

Yup, 15% W/C every week (or if something looks off, 2X or 3X 10% W/C a week). Dosing, not really a problem.... It only takes like few min of my time (dose 0.7ml of Alk, walk away and come back to dose 1ml of Ca every 2-3 days).

Testing wise, I check my alk/Ca/Mag once a month. If anything, I test phosphate like once a week (I feed heavy)

Deleted User 4

Yup, 15% W/C every week (or if something looks off, 2X or 3X 10% W/C a week). Dosing, not really a problem.... It only takes like few min of my time (dose 0.7ml of Alk, walk away and come back to dose 1ml of Ca every 2-3 days).

Testing wise, I check my alk/Ca/Mag once a month. If anything, I test phosphate like once a week (I feed heavy)

So it's best to go fishless for a sps dominated tank huh? Save some troubles at least from what I heard.

So it's best to go fishless for a sps dominated tank huh? Save some troubles at least from what I heard.

Not quite. Fishes gives nitrates, which acros need. You can go fishless but you have to figure out a way to get nitrates into your tanks. Some fishes (like a six line) would be beneficial for an acro tank.

Reason why I have a phosphate problem is I feed heavy for my corals lol. Now I just feed heavy, then do a water change. Fishes, I feed them every other day.

Deleted User 4

Not quite. Fishes gives nitrates, which acros need. You can go fishless but you have to figure out a way to get nitrates into your tanks. Some fishes (like a six line) would be beneficial for an acro tank.

Reason why I have a phosphate problem is I feed heavy for my corals lol. Now I just feed heavy, then do a water change. Fishes, I feed them every other day.

Mmm less fishes the better :)

Mmm less fishes the better :)

Lol, bingo. Too much fishes = too much Nitrates and maybe phosphates depending on their diet (a cube mysis, cyclopeeze for those finicky eaters, those pellets that have tons of ash, etc)....

But then again, have a big @$$ skimmer rated 2X your overall system, combine it with gfo or biopellets and problem solved.

Archived