Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My Atlantis - Wild & Woolly May 2015 Pictures!

eitallent

Everything looks great. Can I have a car?

Thanks.

Yes, you can have a car as long as you have a license to drive, get no speeding tickets, get straight A's and be in by 9 pm on weeknights and 11pm on weekends. :D

New page :D

So you do not have to look back to the previous page I am re-posting the pictures.

---

Has it been a week already? Wow!!

Time flies with HS graduation, car shopping ( boy got a full ride to University just like his big sister so he got a new car as a graduation gift), helping w/registering and housing for fall semester classes for both kids now, etc. :eek:

I am working more out in the garden too. I have also been busy harvesting the blueberries, raspberries and a few strawberries too. Time to bake pies, make jams and eat a lot of fresh goodies. :)

In the watery realm most all the citizens are doing well. Except for the Daisy Polyps (Knoppia) which are shrinking away and releasing themselves from the rock. I thought it was the lighting switch but it might be something all together different. I will be fragging some of the surviving polyps and placing some of them higher. Perhaps they need more flow or light or both. We will see what happens.

Pictures :)

FTS May 29; I did a small WC and cleaned the glass. The Gorg was open until I had to move it to clean the glass but it has already opened fully since the picture was taken.

IMG_0018-X2.jpg

This frogspawn is on the sand. There is another up top which seems to be doing better so I will probably place this one back up there.

IMG_0003-X2.jpg

Right behind the Frogspawn is the Kenya tree. It loves this spot in between the rock and the back wall.

IMG_0006-X2.jpg

The GSP is beginning to creep and attach itself to the glass.

IMG_0004-X2.jpg

Flashy and fast... not it is not a sports car it is Marty Feldman!

IMG_0060-X2.jpg

Marty says," Can we eat now?"

IMG_0055-X2.jpg

How 'bout now?

IMG_0057-X2.jpg

Skipper is patiently waiting for the photo session to be over so he can eat too.

IMG_0013-X2.jpg

Duncans are doing well :)

IMG_0030-X2.jpg

The hardy survivors of the Daisy Polyps

IMG_0031-X2.jpg

IMG_0036-X2.jpg

IMG_0043-X2.jpg

IMG_0007-X2.jpg

IMG_0044-X2.jpg

Bye for now, come see me again soon!

IMG_0051-X2.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spirofucci

Tank looks great! Marty looks in prime condition!

I'm still waiting for work to slow down, your blue ball of octo is really growing fast! As you know if came from Felicia's tank, so when you finally get it, I think Felicia will be happy that she is spreading her gene's around the country!

Tank looks great! Marty looks in prime condition!

I'm still waiting for work to slow down, your blue ball of octo is really growing fast! As you know if came from Felicia's tank, so when you finally get it, I think Felicia will be happy that she is spreading her gene's around the country!

Thank you! I can't wait to get it. Felicia has really great stuff!

All my macros are doing well. I have them in My Atlantis & fuge, Caribbean Castle, and the 14 g Macro grow-out tank/pod farm! :)

Daisy polyps are spreading, IMO. Some will float around, some will shrivel and energy will be put into expansion via worm like appendages which you should see soon. They aren't dangerously invasive, IMO, but slowly they will start popping up in surprising places. I have them throughout my 40 on most of the older rocks. :)

Thanks.

Yes, you can have a car as long as you have a license to drive, get no speeding tickets, get straight A's and be in by 9 pm on weeknights and 11pm on weekends.

So I can't have a car...

Daisy polyps are spreading, IMO. Some will float around, some will shrivel and energy will be put into expansion via worm like appendages which you should see soon. They aren't dangerously invasive, IMO, but slowly they will start popping up in surprising places. I have them throughout my 40 on most of the older rocks. :)

Mark, this makes sense. I see them floating around and opening up in certain places. I will leave them alone and see what happens. Thanks for letting me know! :happy:

So I can't have a car...

Aww... Sorry 'bout that. But rules is rules! :D

While reading your thread, pschom, I realized I forgot to post about the progress in my cyano battle. I posted this to your thread and am now posting it here too.

It seems that the cyano in my nano has completely disappeared. Here is what I did. I added more different types of macros to the fuge and dosed Dr. Tims Nitrifying Bacteria. I skipped one water change. I figured that I did not want to remove any bacteria that may still be in the water column. The water clouded slightly for a few days after adding the bacteria. I do not know if this is a coincidence or a result of better biological filtration, but a week later I noticed a significant reduction of cyano on the sand. After two weeks I could not see any cyano anywhere so I did a small water change. I am back on the routine water changes and so far so good. :)

Your tank is soooo bootiful :D What is the name of that website where you got the gorg again? I know you told me before and I even went to it and looked, but now I have forgotten it LOL. That gorg is so pretty!!!!!

Congrats to your son :happydance:

I'm going to share what you wrote about the cyano on my brother's thread. He's been battling cyano and is about to buy chemiclean. Maybe the Dr. Tims, etc. would work for him!!!!!!

Enjoy those berries!!! yummy!!!!!

I got the red and purple sea whip from reefs2go.com. The purple whip made it but not the red ones.

I think they would have both made it but that was the shipment in which the heat pack failed and the water was cool. I ordered them during colder weather. :mellow:

Thank you :) I'm going to bookmark that site so I don't forget it!!!!!!

Also...where did you buy the Dr. Tims?

I forgot to post a picture of the gorg! Oh, I have to remedy that right now! :lol:

IMG_0034-X2.jpg

Thank you :) I'm going to bookmark that site so I don't forget it!!!!!!

Also...where did you buy the Dr. Tims?

YVW! :)

I got it at Drsfosterandsmith.com and I used the Reef Pure type.

Thanks, Gena. I really like gorgs too. It was only partially open for that picture as I had to move it a bit to clean the tank.

In case you did not see it, the type of bacteria and where I bought it got added to the previous post. Sometimes the posts get merged if you post one after the other too quickly. :)

Thanks, Gena. I really like gorgs too. It was only partially open for that picture as I had to move it a bit to clean the tank.

In case you did not see it, the type of bacteria and where I bought it got added to the previous post. Sometimes the posts get merged if you post one after the other too quickly. :)

Saw it...thank you!!!!! I'm going to get some of that for my tank transfer. I'm going to my LFS today. If they don't have it, I'll order it from the Dr's. :D

Gorgeous photos!

I'm glad to hear that Mark is sending you some of my ochtodes. I find it fun to know that stuff from my tank is all over the country :)

Those gorgs are beautiful!

Gorgeous photos!

I'm glad to hear that Mark is sending you some of my ochtodes. I find it fun to know that stuff from my tank is all over the country :)

Those gorgs are beautiful!

Thank you!

I am glad mark is sending me some of his ochto. I almost fainted when he posted that he had thrown some away because it had grown so fast for him. :lol:

The Gorgs look like delicate Champagne glasses on purple velvet to me.

Spirofucci

Since I've waited so long to send you the octo, I'll have to use some cold packs as I'm sure it's really warming up by you! It's been in the 90's every day down here.

I'm going to try some chemiclean this weekend so hopefully I'll eventually send you some cyano free macros!

Since I've waited so long to send you the octo, I'll have to use some cold packs as I'm sure it's really warming up by you! It's been in the 90's every day down here.

I'm going to try some chemiclean this weekend so hopefully I'll eventually send you some cyano free macros!

:lol: Cyano free? Yes, I have joined you and countless others in the cyano club! First in My Atlantis and now I noticed some in my Macro grow out tank. Just today!

Don't worry about sending pristine octo because I will dip it in Seachem coral dip any how. Besides maybe your cyano will fight my cyano and they will annihilate each other! :lol:

I am in no hurry so just send it when you like. Thank you, Mark. :)

Thanks, Randi! :)

I know it is getting enough to eat. It has great polyp extension.

The black tunicate is filtering out so much food from the water that it is ten times it's original size. Cheese puff must also be getting enough sustenance because it is still full of holes and has not diminished in size.

This makes happy. :happy:

I need to move the rest of the rock over, I am getting purple and orange sponge in my DT of the 40 and Love it because it came from the Nano. So cool.

Love that gorg though, can't get enuogh of him awesome.

I need to move the rest of the rock over, I am getting purple and orange sponge in my DT of the 40 and Love it because it came from the Nano. So cool.

Love that gorg though, can't get enuogh of him awesome.

Those sponges sound lovely. I will have to go back through your pics to see if I can catch a glimpse of them.

I like the surprise stuff we find in the tank (not the pests). It is kind of like magic! :wizard:

Little buddy, Skipper with his golden fins flared.

IMG_0049-XL.jpg

Great pic!

You may not spot the sponges, they are teey and starting in the back of the tank. I have to get the ones I want off of the rocks and put them into the DT. Would make some cool additions and take up more space so I have less rocks showing..... Hmmmmm

I love the idea of moving the sponges to the display tank, Randi. I say the more filter feeders you can have the better for water quality. Don't you think?

Here is the black tunicate that has grown so big it actually spanned the gap between the Ricordea rock to the main rock behind it.

This is from the left side...

IMG_0003-XL.jpg

See it at sand level behind the green Ric? It has picked up grains of sand at its bottom edge.

IMG_0015-XL.jpg

This is from the front where it has a network of filaments that form star patterns! :wub:

IMG_0002-XL.jpg

This is a small peach/orange colored one that started as a small spot on the Duncan's rock. Because of the bow in the glass I cannot focus well on it. There are small little siphons all over it. So pretty. It is trying to spread and grow into the sand bed

IMG_0010-XL.jpg

IMG_0009-XL.jpg

Awesome tunicate pictures!!!! I have a pink/purple one that is getting really big.

I ended up ordering the Dr. Tim's from Dr.F&S. :D

Archived