Pod Your Reef

My Atlantis - Wild & Woolly May 2015 Pictures!

eitallent

Yeah Randi is spot on with the zoa ID. Those do look like Eagle Eye zoas to me. I'm glad you didn't already have them because that would have been a pain otherwise. Reefs2Go seems to have zoa ID issues.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
eitallent

Yes they do. The seem to want to make it in this business but I don't think they will. They are eager to make things right when you call them on issues, but it is just too frequent to bother with sometimes. You know?

Sometimes it is just easier to let things go and just not do business with them again. -_-

Yes they do. The seem to want to make it in this business but I don't think they will. They are eager to make things right when you call them on issues, but it is just too frequent to bother with sometimes. You know?

Sometimes it is just easier to let things go and just not do business with them again. -_-

That's too bad because their prices are cheap. Their website and coral photos didn't look very professional to me which scared me off from considering ordering from them. People are very into "named" zoas lately, so if they want to stay in business they're going to need to get the names right on the ones they're selling. Or at least have WYSIWG photos so you can figure out what the zoas are going to look like when you get them.

Ha thanks ladies, took it 2 years to do that but they are growing faster every day.

That is why I prefer to buy local. Most of my locals in the club have what I am looking for and I have what they want so we either trade or barter. Works out awesome.

Soon I am going to have to start fragging and selling tons of things.... stuff is growing so quick now with the doser and ATO keeping things so stable. :happy:

eitallent

That's too bad because their prices are cheap. Their website and coral photos didn't look very professional to me which scared me off from considering ordering from them. People are very into "named" zoas lately, so if they want to stay in business they're going to need to get the names right on the ones they're selling. Or at least have WYSIWG photos so you can figure out what the zoas are going to look like when you get them.

I agree, Felicia, that WSIWYG is the best way to go to avoid ID problems. The people I speak with there are super nice and extremely helpful, which is very important. They email and even call and leave messages on the day your animals ship! I have ordered Zoas, Cluster Dusters, ricordias, inverts, pods and macro and mostly everything was good. But Gena had a sick Zoa, I had misidentified Zoa and a little three polyp Zoa that was a freebie that never opened and melted away in a few days. Their macro I have to say was really good and they are generous with it. Oh well. I hope they get better because they seem to be really nice folks.

Ha thanks ladies, took it 2 years to do that but they are growing faster every day.

That is why I prefer to buy local. Most of my locals in the club have what I am looking for and I have what they want so we either trade or barter. Works out awesome.

Soon I am going to have to start fragging and selling tons of things.... stuff is growing so quick now with the doser and ATO keeping things so stable. :happy:

Randi, that is really great news. I will eventually get a doser and ATO when I fill up the big tank. I don't know if you will be willing to mail out frags but I would love to buy some of those from you when they become available. Please and thank you.

Felicia, the same goes for you. I would love to buy frags from you. I know you have lots of buyers locally and it is a hassle to mail stuff, but if you are willing I would love the opportunity to get some corals from you.

Thanks y'all! :)

I've shipped several times now and I really don't mind doing it. I actually just ordered a bunch more shipping supplies, so if you want some frags, I would love to ship to you. I was planning to do a bunch of fragging this weekend, so if you would like I can pm you a list of what I'll be fragging and we can figure out what you'd like. :)

eitallent

I've shipped several times now and I really don't mind doing it. I actually just ordered a bunch more shipping supplies, so if you want some frags, I would love to ship to you. I was planning to do a bunch of fragging this weekend, so if you would like I can pm you a list of what I'll be fragging and we can figure out what you'd like. :)

Yes, please! :happydance:

I agree with they look like eagle eyes. Mine probably were that but VERY pale ugly brown in the middle with the bright yellow/green skirts. They were not healthy at all :(

I'll be making frags of my green cloves when I do the transfer...if you are still interested in those!!!!!

eitallent

I agree with they look like eagle eyes. Mine probably were that but VERY pale ugly brown in the middle with the bright yellow/green skirts. They were not healthy at all :(

I'll be making frags of my green cloves when I do the transfer...if you are still interested in those!!!!!

Oh yes I am interested. :happy: I have a spot on hold just for them in the nano.

Oh yes I am interested. :happy: I have a spot on hold just for them in the nano.

Cool!!! I'm going to frag from the tank wall. I hope they do well with it. I'll give them time to heal before I ship them out. They can rest in my fuge for a week or so, after their traumatic move :lol:
eitallent

Cool!!! I'm going to frag from the tank wall. I hope they do well with it. I'll give them time to heal before I ship them out. They can rest in my fuge for a week or so, after their traumatic move :lol:

I am sure they will be unhappy at first! :lol:

Thank you so much. :happydance:

Yes, please! :happydance:

Great! I'm stuck at the courthouse today for jury duty (blah!), but tomorrow I'll figure out a list of what I've got available and I'll send that your way. :)

I agree, Felicia, that WSIWYG is the best way to go to avoid ID problems. The people I speak with there are super nice and extremely helpful, which is very important. They email and even call and leave messages on the day your animals ship! I have ordered Zoas, Cluster Dusters, ricordias, inverts, pods and macro and mostly everything was good. But Gena had a sick Zoa, I had misidentified Zoa and a little three polyp Zoa that was a freebie that never opened and melted away in a few days. Their macro I have to say was really good and they are generous with it. Oh well. I hope they get better because they seem to be really nice folks.

Randi, that is really great news. I will eventually get a dose and ATO when I fill up the big tank. I don't know if you will be willing to mail out frags but I would love to buy some of those from you when they become available. Please and thank you.

Felicia, the same goes for you. I would love to buy frags from you. I know you have lots of buyers locally and it is a hassle to mail stuff, but if you are willing I would love the opportunity to get some corals from you.

Thanks y'all! :)

Of course, I have someone who is going through the list first will let me know what they want then I will let you know what I have left. I am getting to the point where I have to start fragging certain colonies or some of the others will not be able to grow out.

Ha guess there are worse things that could be happening. :lol:;)

eitallent

Great! I'm stuck at the courthouse today for jury duty (blah!), but tomorrow I'll figure out a list of what I've got available and I'll send that your way. :)

Poor you! :angry: I do not like jury duty. Why can't people just behave! :)

Of course, I have someone who is going through the list first will let me know what they want then I will let you know what I have left. I am getting to the point where I have to start fragging certain colonies or some of the others will not be able to grow out.

Ha guess there are worse things that could be happening. :lol:;)

There are many worse things I can think of! A flourishing reef is not a problem as far as I can see. :)

Thanks for keeping me in the loop. I am sure anything you have to sell will be something I would want! :lol:

eitallent

Great photos of the macros. Looks like quite the jungle!

Luckily jury duty wasn't too bad. They didn't need me so I got sent home around noon and could go back to work. I was just glad I didn't get stuck on a jury and have to go back next week or something. I just had to be there from 9-noon so it wasn't bad at all. I'll get you a list of what I can frag this weekend either tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Thanks guys ... er gals! :)

Have a great weekend everyone. I am off to pick up my girl from college tomorrow! woohoo!

Schoooools out for summer!

Thanks guys ... er gals! :)

Have a great weekend everyone. I am off to pick up my girl from college tomorrow! woohoo!

Schoooools out for summer!

You've got one in college, eh? I was fretting about my son going to 8th. grade next year...the last year before High School omgomgomg Time is flying way too fast. The bright side of that is we can move anywhere in 5 years. We don't want to uproot him while he's in school still. I had to do that as a kid and HATED it. My husband did it multiple times in school as well.

Your fuge is as beautiful as Randi's!!!! That green macro just looks stunning with the red. I definitely want that combo too!

Ugh...jury duty :( I did it last summer so I should be safe this summer...next summer is a different story. They ususally call me every 2 years.

Ugh...jury duty :( I did it last summer so I should be safe this summer...next summer is a different story. They ususally call me every 2 years.

I actually got called a year ago too. Its funny because I never got called in Florida and now I get called yearly here.

I actually got called a year ago too. Its funny because I never got called in Florida and now I get called yearly here.

Oh that would stink to have it every year! Last year I had to go in the day after the Fourth of July. I was NOT a happy camper. It put a damper on the festivities for me LOL.

Oh that would stink to have it every year! Last year I had to go in the day after the Fourth of July. I was NOT a happy camper. It put a damper on the festivities for me LOL.

Ugh! That's an unfortunate day to get called!

• 2 weeks later...

Life has been busy lately and I have not had enough time for posting on my thread and reading other threads! So I have been reading lots of threads and ignoring my own. Sorry! :(

Softy growth has been vigorous and all the fish have been doing well! :) Love it.

Marty jumped into the back chambers again. <_< I did not see him after looking and looking! He was invisible until I moved the heater and there he was. I removed all the filters and media, blocked his escape routes so that he was pinned in one chamber and I was able to scoop him up in a net. What a little pest! :lol:

The cyano is going away on its own. I have kept the water changes regular and removing the filter floss every other day.

I have been adding pods to the refugium but the Green Chromis and the Clowns have decimated the pods. The macros are doing well in the nano fuge too.

I have also added pods to the 14 gallon macro grow-out tank. They are thriving in there. The lettuce nudis are finding enough to eat so far. Thank goodness! I love their green, lacy appearance. So lovely.

I will get some new pictures up soon!

TTFN

• 2 weeks later...

Has it been a week already? Wow!!

Time flies with HS graduation, car shopping ( boy got a full ride to University just like his big sister so he got a new car as a graduation gift), helping w/registering and housing for fall semester classes for both kids now, etc. :eek:

I am working more out in the garden too. I have also been busy harvesting the blueberries, raspberries and a few strawberries too. Time to bake pies, make jams and eat a lot of fresh goodies. :)

In the watery realm most all the citizens are doing well. Except for the Daisy Polyps (Knoppia) which are shrinking away and releasing themselves from the rock. I thought it was the lighting switch but it might be something all together different. I will be fragging some of the surviving polyps and placing some of them higher. Perhaps they need more flow or light or both. We will see what happens.

Pictures :)

FTS May 29; I did a small WC and cleaned the glass. The Gorg was open until I had to move it to clean the glass but it has already opened fully since the picture was taken.

IMG_0018-X2.jpg

This frogspawn is on the sand. There is another up top which seems to be doing better so I will probably place this one back up there.

IMG_0003-X2.jpg

Right behind the Frogspawn is the Kenya tree. It loves this spot in between the rock and the back wall.

IMG_0006-X2.jpg

The GSP is beginning to creep and attach itself to the glass.

IMG_0004-X2.jpg

Flashy and fast... not it is not a sports car it is Marty Feldman!

IMG_0060-X2.jpg

Marty says," Can we eat now?"

IMG_0055-X2.jpg

How 'bout now?

IMG_0057-X2.jpg

Skipper is patiently waiting for the photo session to be over so he can eat too.

IMG_0013-X2.jpg

Duncans are doing well :)

IMG_0030-X2.jpg

The hardy survivors of the Daisy Polyps

IMG_0031-X2.jpg

IMG_0036-X2.jpg

IMG_0043-X2.jpg

IMG_0007-X2.jpg

IMG_0044-X2.jpg

Bye for now, come see me again soon!

IMG_0051-X2.jpg

Archived