Top Shelf Aquatics

PArIsHIlToN New Nano Tank

parishilton

Because there was a leak in my 40g tank, my livestocks were moved to fiber glass pond for months.

The survivors now are 3 percula clown, 1 YWG, 2 high fin goby, one bubble tip anemone and some shrooms.

In order to set up new tank and replace in the same spot, I need to set up this tank to keep all the survivors.

I have 3 projects in my mind right now including this one. Next one will also be nano to replace my 5g pico

that was affected by the flood in Thailand. http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...0&start=860

I really like to silicone job on ELOS tank but I could not find any

shop in Bangkok to do it. They were afraid about too less silicone so I decided to make it myself.

I had found some good info about silicone on this forum and decided to use Dowcorning 795.

The tank dimension is 24" x 18" x 14" but the actual space that will hold the water is 24" x 13" x 14"

Sump is 20" x 18" x 14"

Bk88T.jpg

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easily rivals an Elos. Good job!

edit: I just saw the new pics, that's better than an Elos! I love the dimensions and those sliding doors.

I had to use a lot of masking tape to get it looks like this. It passed leakage test, PHEW.

4YyJ2.jpg

It is not that great if you look very closely. HAHA

zmnK5.jpg

That looks amazing. Love the red and black stand with sliding door too!

I hope you have another pink birdsnest in this one! It was my inspiration for adding a pink bird to my tank :)

I look forward to watching this one turn into a masterpiece like your pico!!!!!!

first #####es

:welcome:

Easily rivals an Elos. Good job!

edit: I just saw the new pics, that's better than an Elos! I love the dimensions and those sliding doors.

You have to look very closely to see all the mess. :lol:

another supporter!!!! let's bring it back parishilton~~

Thank you. I will try my best.

Lookin good. Can't wait to see another Parishilton tank. Glad to see you are getting back into it after what happened. Awesome looking tank and stand.

Thank you. I am happy to be back too.

Awesome! So glad to see you back up and running Parishilton!

Thank you.

That looks amazing. Love the red and black stand with sliding door too!

I hope you have another pink birdsnest in this one! It was my inspiration for adding a pink bird to my tank :)

I look forward to watching this one turn into a masterpiece like your pico!!!!!!

I will definitely. I do not know about becoming masterpiece but I will do my best.

Looks great! how thick is the glass that you went with?

I went with 3/8" to be on the safe side.

Another Paris tank? omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

HAHA Thanks.

Great looking start to another tank. Stand is really nice, like the sliding door. What did you make the stand out of? Looking forward to seeing it progress.

so ####ing sick

:)

Wow i cant wait to see this build develop.....if its anything like your pico its going to be incredible.

Thank you. I really love you photos.

Hey Paris it looks like a corvette being assembled from the chassis up.

It is not fancy as corvette. More like Hyundai I guess HAHA :lol:

Going to look awesome for sure. Can't wait!

Thank you

Great looking start to another tank. Stand is really nice, like the sliding door. What did you make the stand out of? Looking forward to seeing it progress.

The stand was made of solid wood and plywood. Instead of painting, I used high pressure laminate as it is more resistant to water.

The pillars are 2" x 2" and the beams are 2" x 1". The door and the walls are 20mm plywood.

Sliding Door used simple 24" Full Extension Ball Bearing Drawer Slide

y2EN.jpg

VSjuZ.jpg

Archived