ReefCleaners.org

1 Quart Pico Reef!

Argent

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah I usually just troll over there -- michiganreefers.com and here keep my free time well spent during the work day.

BTW - thanks for the signature post link idea -- makes it easier for people to check out my tanks.

i have an idea for heating - because your pico looks a little bit like a lava lamp...

lava lamps need heat to make them work, by way of a sml light-bulb - you could take the airpump out/run it from another location [you have cables for the light running to your pico anyway] and put a few small bulb/s in there - then you may have to try and regulate the heat, perhaps by throwing a dimmer on the bulb.

You could even get some funky black lightbulbs too, then when you install it in your car cupholder you really will have the spinning-rims-glue-a-park-bench-to-the-back-of-my-cheap-adolecent-sportscar-geezers looking all jealous at-cha, innit. B)

i forgot to ask where did u get the leds? i have a vase similar to what u have and i have an external pump like what u have setuop.. (i stole ur idea on the pump) but i cant find any lights for it yet so i wanted to know where u got yours made

A guy from the UK - I actually found him on ebay - he said for custom setups to contact him so I did.

I also realized I was only powering these with a 6v AC adapter -- I moved up to a 13v adapter and they are WAY brighter -- I'm much happier with them now.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok this was the best I could get (my camera sucks for macros even with the macro mode)

Picture%20748%20(Medium).jpg

That's 3/8" hardline air tubing next to her for size comparison.

There's a teeny little "coldwater" goby out there- called the Catalina Goby or something. If you add some more LR, then I bet you could keep 1 of those gobies and a coldwater snail in there (and heck maybe even in a car! Just keep the AC going 24/7)

There's a teeny little "coldwater" goby out there- called the Catalina Goby or something. If you add some more LR, then I bet you could keep 1 of those gobies and a coldwater snail in there (and heck maybe even in a car! Just keep the AC going 24/7)

it would be mantis food, eventually anyway

the owner of the LFS knew I was looking for a mantis - and he had two come off a batch of LR he got in and gave them both to me (Boris lives in my 3 gallon now, and Natasha lives in the quart until the 6 gallon finishes its cycle)

sweet! i think that Natasha should stay in the quart pico just untill she gets bigger. if u put her in the 6g now there is a chance that she could get lost.. dundundun! lol jp but i would let her grow out more

right now she's dug a burrough under the live rock that in there - but the 6 gallon has lots of hiding places.

Too bad I can't put both of them in the 6 gallon.

wow, i didnt realize how small she was. I would still put her in the 6 when the tank is ready though. That tank is really just too small.

yeah it's a temp solution -- I hardly see her because she's burrowed under the piece of LR in there. I tested the 6 gallons water yesterday - and it's just ending the nitrite cycle so hopefully next week it will be ready for a clean up crew and then shortly after that I can introduce her to the tank.

Archived