inTank Media Baskets

1 Quart Pico Reef!

Argent

irishtexan

You know what would be really neat Argent? Do all GSP and in the middle put a little piece of xenia. Just an idea.

texan

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i like the lil hermit hes cool but i hate my calmelbacks they are always harrasing my zoas! $6 a pair anyone anyone lol JP

I was thinking of gsp's and just letting it grow all over the place, in fact I seem to recall the LFS having a small frag of gsp - but I hate xenia.

This hermit may not stay in this tank -- he's 'renting' it for the weekend.

As for the tank looking 'murky' it's partly the dried water on the outside of the cylinder and partly the crappy lighting.

I need to solve the dribbles of salt water that roll down the outside.

this project may or may not continue -- as the main reason for setting up this tank (to put on my gf's desk at work) no longer is around. My girlfriend of almost three years left me tonight.

I have lost my inspiration

DUDE!

I just got the coolest idea.... so everyone has a reef in their office or home, but how about in their car!

Use cigarette lighter adapters to run everything.... its genius!

(assuming your car is a super car and never gets too hot / cold based on outside weather.)

Guys with spinning rims wouldnt have anything on you then!

lol

:naughtydance:

if my AC worked or I actually had a garage - I might consider it - since I do belong to a car club, and have been in a few car shows. It's only two plugs so it could be done with a power inverter.

Still don't think Mr Blueleg and my tiny snail hitchiker like the cooler temps in the tank (they aren't as active as they were in my 3gallon)

I think Wednesday I'll head to the LFS to pick up a margarita snail and the small GSP frag I've seen there and figure out what kind of hermit might do better in cooler temps.

Of course with my GF gone, and I already have a tank at my desk at work -- I'm not sure what I'll do with this one (especially since I have a new empty 5.5G)

I think I'm going to shut this project down now and focus my time and money on a 5.5G tank - I don't really have anyplace to put this tank anyway - and it was for my (now ex) girlfriend. The LR and LS etc will be returned to my 3 gallon for now (the LR might end up in the 5.5 since I don't really have room for more LR in the 3 gallon but until I can get that tank ready to cycle I'd like to keep it somewhere)

u ok argent? like kmitch said CAR TANK think about it if ur car was candyblue with a lil tank built into the dash. like a 2g that i right between the driver/passenger. then youll get props from the shows

Awesome! Did you decide to keep it running? If I were you i would. When do you plan on adding some corals? Like I said, I would do all GSP. That would look really neat IMO, and hey you hermit could have a little lawn! lol :P

texx

As soon as I solve the problem of heating the tank with something other than a regular desk lamp I'll look at adding some GSP and let it overgrow everything.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you considered using the 10w Newattino?

I use one on my 0.75g pico and they are very small. It would have to go upright in your pico but they dont look too ugly

Dave.

Forgot to mention... the Newattino doesnt have a thermostat. The model with a thermostat is called the Newattino Plus. I think the Newattino is 10cm lomg and the Plus version is 14cm.

well since I have no significant other anymore -- no worries about that...

as for that heater -- it looks like its a UK only thing -- and I'd have to get an adapter to run it here in the states...

*ponders*

thanks Fishfreak -- if I can get this tank to maintain a stable temp I'm thinking a snail, GSP and maybe a green banded goby

right now it's just got some LR in it and lots of algae because I've been neglecting it due to my 3 gallon crash and getting the 5.5 gallon running.

as for that heater -- it looks like its a UK only thing -- and I'd have to get an adapter to run it here in the states...

*ponders*

Part of the safety instructions that came with the heater say to check that it is the correct voltage as it is available in 115v & 230v so I assume its available internationaly. Sometimes products are sold in the UK under a different name to the US so maybe its available but not called the newattino.

Archived