SaltCritters.com

1 Quart Pico Reef!

Argent

African Dwarf Frogs need 2.5g each. You wouldn't put a clown goby in that. Get that frog out. It's not even big enough for a betta.

bull. df's only need 1/2 gallon each and bettas only "need" enough water to keep them wet to survive. only a few years ago bettas used to be shipped OVERNIGHT rolled in wet paper towels and piled in oygen filled bags. and a clown goby could do OK, as long as there was plenty of live rock to support the bioload.

as for using the mj 400, you just drill a hole about an inch below the rim and run either soft or hard tubing to the intake of the powerhead, and then drill a hole straight through the center of the bottom and run a piece of hard tubing with tiny holes drilled all through it as a spray bar, and attach it to the output of the maxijet. you could either put the mj next to the tank or try and fit it underneath.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

replaced the upright pipe in the tank with a bigger one (3/8" v 3/16") tank seems to run much better now. Will be attempting to put some sand, saltwater and a smallish piece of LR if I can find a good one from my LFS. Will take pics later.

What about a USB coffee cup warmer? :lol:

Hmmmm Maybe with a little VB progging you can get it to regulate the temp!

Or maybe it will turn into a smelly molten heap.

I am willing to bet that if your light is placed directly over the tank enough heat will be put on the surface of the water to keep the heat regulated

Ok -- a few new picture updates

FTS

Picture%20392%20(Medium).jpg

Installed a check valve to keep the tank from draining

Picture%20393%20(Medium).jpg

FTS with extra base for hood and black sand

Picture%20394%20(Medium).jpg

High powered bubble action!

Picture%20395%20(Medium).jpg

not yet -- gotta go to the store today at lunch. Then I assume the tank will need to cycle before I can toss a hermit in there.

either a screw in 50/50 bulb in a gooseneck desklamp or perhaps I'll find some small LED fixture I can mount in the 'hood'

Obsessed Reefer
As for lighting -- I have this gooseneck desk lamp and could just get a screw in 50/50 bulb.

read :P

Damn, he beat me to it.

Update (sorta) picked up a couple small pieces of LR from the LFS today will toss it in the tank when I get home and take pics.

That round cup distorts really crazy-- in a way it gives me a headache and in a way it makes the whole thing look bigger.

given the size of the LR -- I'm not expecting any hitchikers - but they are both covered in red and green coraline!

How are you planning to keep the inside plastic clean? What are you gonna keep in it? I say do a zoa garden and a hermit crab.

Archived