Coral Vue Hydros

EZs Aquapod 24 with 150 MH

ezcompany

Acro from before that nicely colored up. ID anyone? tricolor? i see orange, blue, and green

img2936at9.jpg

There's my new baby at the left :D

img2945yx4.jpg

And my new super neon green candy from proraptor ;)

img2947wh1.jpg

There's my new blood red blasto with a stiration pattern~~

img2948oa3.jpg

And J, i'm loving the 150w MH if you can't tell by my clam and SPS additions B)

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks buddy :)

today...my lyretail attacked my baby clarkii...that ticked me off.

my tank also hit 88 degrees...yes that's almost 90. luckily everything still looks fine. hopefully my babies will persevere through this crappy socal summer.

I am in the process of buying a Aquapod 24 with 150 MH. I have not order the aquarium yet because of reading something about the problem with the light bulb. Several people seem to complain that the bulb won't start some time.

Those that have 1st hand experiences with the Aquapod HQI, is this a real problem?

Also about the aquarium temperature under the 150 WHQI, What is your temperature swing with open top (no glass cover) and no fan or chiller?

Thanks in advace for answer my questions.

BTW we keep our house at 76 degree.

I am in the process of buying a Aquapod 24 with 150 MH. I have not order the aquarium yet because of reading something about the problem with the light bulb. Several people seem to complain that the bulb won't start some time.

Those that have 1st hand experiences with the Aquapod HQI, is this a real problem?

Also about the aquarium temperature under the 150 WHQI, What is your temperature swing with open top (no glass cover) and no fan or chiller?

Thanks in advace for answer my questions.

BTW we keep our house at 76 degree.

if your house is kept at 76 degrees, it should be around 82 degrees. my sunpod started up like a charm with no problems. it is by far superior to the jbj tank and the viper light if you want a comparison. try to purchase it locally though, ask your lfs to hook you up to avoid cracking over shipping.

sweet lookin tank. i want mh =\

yes, yes you do.

i'm just sorry you guys can't see the tank in person...it looks 10x better in real life.

Your tank must be looking sweet. Love the new corals. That candy cane and the red blasto are outstanding.

It is time for a full tank shot. Lots of them actually front. sides, including the light, without the light. Let us see it all.

YO that fish is PIMP! B)

One thing though, isnt your whole set-up open top b/c of the sunpod lighting fixture? If so maybe you should put eggcrate or something..... you wouldnt want to lose such a valuable fish now ;)

~maZDa

i've always had the eggcrate, just no pics to show it~

but even with the eggcrate, the firefish is small and if it attempted to jump, i calculate more than a 50% chance of him going through.

*does anyone have an idea that can prevent him from jumping?

i need a solution that:

A. Won't block out too much light (the eggcrate cuts it down A LOT)

B. Prevent the firefish from jumping (he is 2 inches long)

C. Will not cause an overheat as it is over a 150watt hqi

Materials available: spare acrylic, spare eggcrate, original glass top

I was thinking of making legs for the glasstop, so it doesn't seal it completely, and fan air can still blow through. Any thoughts/suggestions?

as of an FTS, i will do it as soon as i can, i've been too lazy to put the frags in their place for them to grow! all the frags are just sprawled out in the front end of the tank.

Why not use the original glass top from the materials available?

First of all its free, no more spending! also it shouldnt effect light penetration...

With the top on, there is no way the fish can jump through no matter what size.... and the tank will still look sleek(no ugly eggcrate). Also, doesnt evap water stick to glass? I dont know if this is true but doesnt that slightly reduce the daily evaporation rate of the tank since some of the water will drip back into the tank.

If your wondering about proper gas exchange, doesnt the glass cover the display only? So the chambers of the AP will still be exposed to air for exchange. Im not sure if this is 100% the right solution, but it certainly could act as a temporary protection until you find a better plan.

~maZda

shao-lin nano

Use the acrylic peice and trim it to the shape of the top trim. Drill bunch of holes in a clean, neat pattern.

glass top = boiled helfrichi, though the chambers are exposed, i don't think its enough exposure.

time to borrow your dremel J @_@

can dremels cut glass?

My Helfrichi is hiding on top of the Powerhead... less than an inch from the surface of the water....does NOT make me feel safe....

StrategicReef

Here is egg crate I cut for my AP24. using the original glass as template took 10 minutes. Easy temp solution for now to avoid jumping.

But, it makes the top glows alot and distract the eyes.. and when the sunpod moonlight is on you can see the shadows. When the MH is on you can see a bit of grid lines like a fish jail :)

I think glass top with some shims on 4 corners should be a better solution.

post-15602-1154065664_thumb.jpg

shao-lin nano
You are better off going and buying a glass cutter at home depot....I think they are like $10 or $20

Can you cut curved lines with them? The AP has a contour to it right?

Archived