Coral Vue Hydros

EZs Aquapod 24 with 150 MH

ezcompany

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang Jin...

I gotta say, the tank is looking great! Great pictures too. I really need a new camera. My camera is a canon s200. It's a WHOPPING 2.1 megapixels. YAY!

Dang Jin...

I gotta say, the tank is looking great! Great pictures too. I really need a new camera. My camera is a canon s200. It's a WHOPPING 2.1 megapixels. YAY!

thanks Paul

get a canon Axxx (i don't know the model, but its cheap and has good macro)

tank still looks so empty imo.

nitrate test today: 5 ppm!

so i turn on the moonlights for the first time after awhile, and what do i see...something huuggeeee....and crawling.........a crab around 2 inches big.......the body looks like its studded with bumps all over......legs look hairy.......claws are huge.........

since he is in the middle of my rockwork, is there any other trap other than the mason jar trap?

proraptor2

Get the crab out....Hairy and big claws means its bad...The easy way to catch it is the jar trick but it never worked for me...I just ended up taking out 140+ lbs of my rock to get the bad crabs out :(

Tank is looking awesome! Nicest aquapod Ive seen so far...

mr.almeida

EZ, post some more pics keep it rolling! I get my Sunpod 150W MH on Thursday and I already have the Coral Life Skimmer. CHEA! What are you doing to keep the SPS in good terms with their neighboring coral?

the SPS is alone in the left part of the tank :) its only neighbour is a clam, which i don't think is too much of a bother!

bubblethumper

Interesting choice with the Lyretail Anthias. Isn't that tank too small for one?

I was thinking of an Anthias for my tank, but decided against it due to tank sizing

only keeping one, though they look nice in numbers. since they like drop offs, we'll see if my 15 inch drop off will keep him happy lol

bubblethumper

awesome fish. I'm on the fence about my next fish. I'm also in the process of making a 2nd tank with more area, so I have to consider that tank too.

Anyway, keep us posted of any developments! I'd post pics of my tank, but I don't want people to make fun of my itty-bitty frags (since they were $$$). ;)

awesome fish. I'm on the fence about my next fish. I'm also in the process of making a 2nd tank with more area, so I have to consider that tank too.

Anyway, keep us posted of any developments! I'd post pics of my tank, but I don't want people to make fun of my itty-bitty frags (since they were $$$). ;)

will do ^^

damn, ur tank has like a thousand bucks worth of equipment...lol

bubblethumper
damn, ur tank has like a thousand bucks worth of equipment...lol
:unsure: I hope not! I haven't added up all my receipts yet....
bubblethumper
what kind of UV sterilizer you running?
It's an ultra-cheap unit from nanocustoms.com

link

I chose this one because it fits inside the compartments in the Aquapod 24 and was relatively cheap. I'm eventually going to create an external sump/refugium, but until then, everything needs to fit internally.

I run mine 12 hours a day (inverse to my Metal Halide). Some people say that they see a decrease in various pods, but I don't seem to have any problems generating that kind of life in my tank.

I'm going to be making my switch to tropic marine today as well. Sorry to hear about the blueberry. Next time you come over, I'll hook you up with something. I can't wait to start an SPS tank in the future!!

Wheres the pics of the Superman?

Hey P!

welcome back to the CA hellhole...

if you scroll a page back you'll see the pic of the anthia, she's very pretty and is actually more agressive than the clarkii can you believe, but they get along well.

the monti and maybe blastos aren't here yet, but you can bet i'll have pics ;)

too bad they are going to be tiny :(

i hope the monti grows fast!

lyretail is doing well, almost too well....

when you feed it you have to finely size the fish food.

coming up next:

the monti and super red blastos!

Very nice tank! (Finally got around to finding it :) ).

So how are you liking the 150W MH Sunpod? I am strating to think about wanting to get one for my 24g Aquapod (I am using the stock PC lights).

Archived