Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

EZs Aquapod 24 with 150 MH

ezcompany

EZ,

Drs Forest's site has a complete line. Check it out.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod...=1&N=2004&Nty=1

(or go to their site and search for "flexible ball socket")

3/4 and 1/2 inch. Looks like my Apod 24 would work with the 3/4 ball joints. I can't say if you would need a reducer for the Hydor Flo. My Apod 12 fits nicely on my 1/2 ball joints tubing. I split my flow with a Y joint in my APod 12, using an MJ900. I am planning on using atleast (2) MJ900s on my APod 24. I agree, a Hydor Flo, on a single pump in an APod 24 would not be enough flo. I am thinking of 2 pumps, 1 runing only the Hydor Flo, the other with a splitter pushing water behind my rocks and in the opposite direction. (The open top makes that easy. No need to drill for bulkheads.)

Here is my Apod 12 setup with only one Pump and the LOC-LINE Ball Joint tubing.

apod12week12side.jpg

apod12week12.jpg

You can see it neatly wrap around behind my rocks to keep the flow moving.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmm interesting. i'm not sure if i want my tank to have the Y loc though. it looks too intrusive. right now my tank has the MJ900 upper left corner with a Hydor for randomized flow. thats the only spot i'm allowing for my tank for some necessary equipment thats not for "display". i'll try to get some pics soon!

I'm in the process of setting up a 24g Aquapod. For flow I plan on running tubing out of a MJ1200 around the rim of the tank with 4 outlets to provide flow/surface agitation. In addition, I'll probably drill a bulkhead in the 2nd chamber for a MJ900 and hydor. I don't need a whole lot of flow since mine will be a predator/softies tank with maybe a few acan/blastos thrown in.

...another good place to find loc-line is www.modularhose.com.

If they don't have the quantity you are looking for displayed on the site, give them a call.

Nitrates aren't too bad, around 20 ppm, much less than i thought.

LPS and softies like some nutrients anyways. or is this only for the softies?

UPDATE:

1.) tried fitting the hydorflo on the main output nozzle (upper right) but water was splashing upwards, and i DO NOT like getting my sunpod wet! the freaking fixture is worth more than the tank...

2.) so i tried putting the MJ900 inside the tank for additional flow WITH they hydor, the thing looked downright offensive, protruding 6 inches! not acceptable, real estate is too valuable for a ugly black plastic that spins.

3.) ditched the MJ900 and placed minijet 600 in the back lower left corner of the tank blowing towards the right. this is to prevent dead flow areas where the LR is.

About the Hydro flo promblem, I ended up drilling a hole a couple inches below the orginal return and then filled the orginal return with silicon to preven water coming in. I actually have another hydro flo on the other side as well hooked up to anyone maxi jet which is also housed in the left chamber with the main pump. What i like about drilling the hole is that you can get the hydro flo close to the wall which i like because when it sticks out so far it takes away from the tank. Once i get my aquarium up and running I will post pic of the setup. (transmission in car went so i am at a standstill with an aqurium, custom stand, and preaty much everything else except substrate, lr, and fish :angry: )

Zachary

Thank you Chris for moving my thread :)

i wish i could do some drilling for my tank as well. too bad that its already filling up slowly with livestock. good idea mckenzie on lowering it. i finally ordered a dig camera cable to take some pics! i know most of you are just DYING to see my tank right? lol lol

its pretty much a big jump, and i hope you guys will be pleased!

UPDATE

-decided to place MJ900 with Hydorflo on left side of tank underneath the output nozzle

-placed minijet 606 in the bottom area of sump 1 to increase flow

-inserted 50 micron foam behind overflow area to decrease detritus clogging the 3 pumps in sump area (MJ 1200, Skimmer, MN606)

-inserted small bag of phosban in area 2 of sump

LIVESTOCK so far

-2 florida ricordeas

-2 polyps of dragon eyes lol

-1 orange/red yuma

-teal candy cane coral

-doughnut coral

-clarkii clownfish (transferred from eclipse)

-peppermint shrimp (aptisia hunter)

-2 types of frogspawn

-eagle eye zoas

-neon green toadstool leather

-3-4 inch crocea clam

-green star polyps

-unidentified various palys

-AWESOME vanuatu rock

EQUIPMENT

-Coralife Super Skimmer 65

-MJ 1200 MJ 900 w/Hydor MN 606

-150 Sunpod

-100watt heater

FTS :)

img26218mm.jpg

Left vanuatu mountain

img26249oh.jpg

Skimmer

img26004ix.jpg

Crocea

img26253nv.jpg

feedbacks greatly welcomed.

tank is 1.5 months old.

bubblethumper

I'm suprised you haven't gotten more responses, but I just gotta say that I love your tank! I used what you've done with your tank to help configure my own.

My tank is still a week or more away from being picture worthy, but I'm slowly getting there.

BTW, does your sunpod make a periodic noise about once every 10 seconds. It doesn't quite sound like the fans, so I'm kinda baffled

I'm suprised you haven't gotten more responses, but I just gotta say that I love your tank! I used what you've done with your tank to help configure my own.

My tank is still a week or more away from being picture worthy, but I'm slowly getting there.

BTW, does your sunpod make a periodic noise about once every 10 seconds. It doesn't quite sound like the fans, so I'm kinda baffled

thank you bubblethumper...i think people on N-R hate me <_<

my sunpod does not make a periodic noise every 10 seconds, what kind of sound is it? if its high pitched its probably from the internal electronic ballast and may require attention. have you tried contacting Current USA about it? thats the first thing i would do.

btw :welcome:

bubblethumper
thank you bubblethumper...i think people on N-R hate me <_<

my sunpod does not make a periodic noise every 10 seconds, what kind of sound is it? if its high pitched its probably from the internal electronic ballast and may require attention. have you tried contacting Current USA about it? thats the first thing i would do.

btw :welcome:

It's not the ballast noise (which went away after a few days). It's fairly high pitch, but lower than the ballast noise. About once a minute, it'll make the sound of something rubbing the fan blades (but just barely) for about 5 seconds. Maybe the fan blades are out of balance on that fan?

Tonight, I'll try opening it up to see if it really is the fan.

And no, I haven't contacted Current USA :D

Pinner Reef
i think people on N-R hate me <_<

LOL I know I do! jk It seems the best way to get someone to post on your thread is to tell them not to, it seems to work for me. I do like you tank however lets see that acro!

-Pinner

reefernanoman
LOL I know I do! jk It seems the best way to get someone to post on your thread is to tell them not to, it seems to work for me. I do like you tank however lets see that acro!

-Pinner

I have the same problem. Verry few people take a look at my tank too!

Bulldogfish

ez

I just set up my 24 Pod and am using the same skimmer as you. I am curious though. How in the world are you keeping bubbles from returning into the display. Like you said the diffuser that came with it wont fit. I took some of the foam block that came with the Aquapod and cut a large pit in it for the output tube of the skimmer. But, am still getting a ton of bubbles in the display. I honestly am at a loss here. So any suggestions would be great.

ez

I just set up my 24 Pod and am using the same skimmer as you. I am curious though. How in the world are you keeping bubbles from returning into the display. Like you said the diffuser that came with it wont fit. I took some of the foam block that came with the Aquapod and cut a large pit in it for the output tube of the skimmer. But, am still getting a ton of bubbles in the display. I honestly am at a loss here. So any suggestions would be great.

very strange.

my stock pump is replaced with a MJ1200, and i have a Minijet 606 in there as well. The MN606 is located at the bottom of chamber 1 pointing towards chamber 2, as you know in the middle bottom there's a way for water to flow. i'm guessing that i have enough power to suck all the bubbles. Also, i ditched the whole filter block that came with the CSS. i cut a small piece of 50 micron foam and placed it near the AP intake and CSS output, so i get a 2 in one action going on there, one where it serves as mechanical filtration, two where i get reduced micro bubbles.

here is the pic of the acro, please identify it for me (blue tip stag? blue tenius?)

img26456iq.jpg

img26481eu.jpg

img26429ph.jpg

and here is the pic of my skimmer set up in chamber 1

img26439kn.jpg

and here is a poor shot of D's crocea

img26061nu.jpg

Hey EZ! Your tank is looking good as usual. I'm going to be ordering the Sunpod sometime today. Quick question what did you do to cover the top from jumpers or are you topless?

ezcompany,

I am really loving your tank. I hope that one day mine will be as beautiful as yours. My aquapod is up and running now....well kind of. Have it set up with saltwater, kind of checking the temps and what not. Will be adding lr and sand this weekend. Keep posting pics as your tank progresses. Keep up the good work.

Zmckenzie

Student @ UWSP (Go Pointers)

hey guys/girls

thank you for the compliments, but it is FAR from DONE! :)

i don't have any fish except for a clarkii in there right now. i'm trying to concentrate on SPS for now, they are simply amazing! their beauty is much more intricate than any LPS.

to keep your top, go to Home Depot and get egg crates that can easily be cut and made to fit your tank :)

Archived