SaltCritters.com

EZs Aquapod 24 with 150 MH

ezcompany

have you tried the food without selcon...??? my fish did not like the selcon soaked food at first, try a garlic only additive or none at all

yes i have.

the butterfly has passed away last night.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi I was wondering do you still have 150w sunpod? And how you acclimatation your new corals? Because I added open brain to my nc 24 with my 150w sunpod and it started to loos color.

Thanks

P.S. you tank looks unbelievable

Hi I was wondering do you still have 150w sunpod? And how you acclimatation your new corals? Because I added open brain to my nc 24 with my 150w sunpod and it started to loos color.

Thanks

i still have the sunpod, and i do not acclimate my corals. 150 really isn't all that much light. how fast did you acclimate your brain? if you think its light concerned, then just placing it indirectly to the side of the bottom of the tank is very mild light.

EL CHUPACABRA
, i'm LEGAL NOW LOL

Does this mean you now 18, 21, a legal citizen...? Are you Japanese (I believe I have seen you ask someone else this on here)? Perhaps that cute girly in your avatar is you? Just wondering...

I love you tank EZ. It is one of the nanos that is starting to inspire me to move in the direction of SPS. I was wondering if you could respond to a question I asked in my thread about what it is that you find aesthetically pleasing about SPS, and what qualities one should look for in a quality SPS? What is it that attracts you to SPS? I really do not know much about them and have always just thought of them as sticks, but recently I am starting to realize that they are unique little under water bonsai trees. (you can post your response in my thread: I am not trying to hijack yours :D ) Thanks, and once again I love you tank and presence on the boards.

Thanks

Hi thanks for replay. That were I placed my coral (on a bottom ) mybe it lost color because I never fed it? could be it all other corals are fine just that one and whater parameters are good

BrassMonkey030
Does this mean you now 18, 21, a legal citizen...? Are you Japanese (I believe I have seen you ask someone else this on here)? Perhaps that cute girly in your avatar is you? Just wondering...

I love you tank EZ. It is one of the nanos that is starting to inspire me to move in the direction of SPS. I was wondering if you could respond to a question I asked in my thread about what it is that you find aesthetically pleasing about SPS, and what qualities one should look for in a quality SPS? What is it that attracts you to SPS? I really do not know much about them and have always just thought of them as sticks, but recently I am starting to realize that they are unique little under water bonsai trees. (you can post your response in my thread: I am not trying to hijack yours :D ) Thanks, and once again I love you tank and presence on the boards.

ezcompany is a beautiful single 68 year young vietnamese woman.

go for it!

on a serious note.

how have your acros been doing? i just ordered a 150 aquamedic, wondering how well the higher light sps do.

when i put a mj900 with a hydroflow in my tank, as soon as the flow went to my montis the polyps retracted. your not having the same probs with the mjs?

EL CHUPACABRA

go for it!

:lol:

On a serious note though:

I am looking for a younger pigmy villager to date, so I guess EZ and I will just have to be N-R friends. Too bad...

sorry about the butterfly but keep the tank coming along and don't give up you'll find a fish that loves the limelight, will eat, and satisfies your craving for the exotic. could try something hardy and typical (still beautiful) but im pretty sure thats not you ;) how is that pow wow clam... wow i didn't comment on it before, but i will now, amazing!!! i went to my local fish store and couldn't buy any of their clams after seeing yours... you need to stop posting the wonderful creatures you get so as not to discourage the rest of us... just kidding. i agree with the previous post and love the thought of coral growing and propogation in general as a form of bonzai... i like seeing people shape and color their corals with the same effort most people involved in bonzai do with their trees. now lets keep a coral colony shaping and growing for over a hundred years and then wed have bonzai-reefing.com wow... maybe????

go for it!

on a serious note.

how have your acros been doing? i just ordered a 150 aquamedic, wondering how well the higher light sps do.

when i put a mj900 with a hydroflow in my tank, as soon as the flow went to my montis the polyps retracted. your not having the same probs with the mjs?

no problems whatsoever with my montis, all my corals love the gentle blast of current on them.

toshas, try feeding him a small piece of mysis. if his colors are still bleaching, place him in an area with 0 light.

nanoguy, my nanostreams arrive tomorrow, yay!!!

el c, why do i keep sps? that is definitely a good question! its cuz i see all these large reef tanks with mature sps (take a look at the italy's best thread in sps section of RC), and they remind me of the time i skin dived and scuba dived in the Philippines. What remains in my memory are not the softies and LPS, in fact they are quite rare in the reefs of the yellow sea. (or i'm not that observant) anyways, the thing that comes to mind when i think "reef" are the huge colonies of table acropora branching and intertwining in a twisted array of colors. i am trying to replicate my mini bonsai reef in my humble 24 gallon. a lot of people will tell you it cannot be done, it is difficult to maintain stable parameters, a lot of different bs, but all my sps frags have encrusted, growing well, exemplifying colors and such. sure my care regimen may be more work that most people on N-R are used to, but for the beauty and uniqueness of my tank it is worth every minute of my sweat and blood.

skey, thank you for the kind words :):)

EL CHUPACABRA

I saw those italy tanks last night and became addicted, now I must have some of my own, I never understood all these tiny frags of SPS people have, now i realize that they are a seed that can be grown into something beautiful, you just need to let a frag grow into a colony and not frag frags as seen so often. I love my zoos but I am totally feeling the look of a mature SPS. Soon I shall feel your pain of maintenance, and joy of SPS!!! Keep up the good work, I am sure I will have many questions for you in the coming days.

oh and i installed 2 Tunze 6025s. the flow was weaker than expected, and i actually think i prefer my maxijets with hydors on them. i will probably keep one and let the other one be a spare. the magnet attachments are GREAT!

StrategicReef
oh and i installed 2 Tunze 6025s. the flow was weaker than expected, and i actually think i prefer my maxijets with hydors on them. i will probably keep one and let the other one be a spare. the magnet attachments are GREAT!

Good to know, so is not so strong that you can aim at some SPS directly?

Good to know, so is not so strong that you can aim at some SPS directly?

no, i would not recommend to aim it directly at SPS, i prefer having at least 10 inches for any direct flow.

turning on both will stir up the sandbed. i have only one turned on as one is starting to make a rattling noise!

StrategicReef

Cool sunlit pictures ......

speaking or which... I am thinking of trying a 10k bulb on my sunpod next.. I think it will help the SPS frags grow better. Seems like there is not enough light from the 14k sunpod.

Cool sunlit pictures ......

speaking or which... I am thinking of trying a 10k bulb on my sunpod next.. I think it will help the SPS frags grow better. Seems like there is not enough light from the 14k sunpod.

10k will do the trick. but ur tank will look ugly hehe

Phoenix is my next bulb, changing in 2 months. (10 months)

bubblethumper

I've had good luck with the phoenix 14k. Seems to be a good balance.

Oh, and I just stuck a Tunze 6025 in my new tank. It's SWEET. Kickin' up the sand bed though :angry:

I've had good luck with the phoenix 14k. Seems to be a good balance.

Oh, and I just stuck a Tunze 6025 in my new tank. It's SWEET. Kickin' up the sand bed though :angry:

I'm debating whether or not the nanostreams are better or the MJ1200 with Hydors. My corals seemed happier with the Hydors. I might remove one 6025 and use the hydor.

StrategicReef
I'm debating whether or not the nanostreams are better or the MJ1200 with Hydors. My corals seemed happier with the Hydors. I might remove one 6025 and use the hydor.

Now I think the hydor is good idea as ugly and space hogging as it is. I am having flow problems, they need to be random or the polyps seem to decline! In my tank the areas having a static direction of flow the SPS are doing rather poorly.. so kind of a emergency right now and I need more pumps (2x tunze) and more random flow going on.

I think your SPS are doing great are because of the hydors, I wish I had started with 2 of them like you did.

If they would stop falling down and knocking my corals off..

I plan to keep my hydor because I also ordered magnetic mount for my MJ....

I love my Hydor and still use it in my Aquapod. To be honest, the new Nanostreams are almost too powerful for any tank under 40gal. Just IMO

i don't think so bubble, i have 2 running right now. they aren't all that strong imo

Archived