Coral Vue Hydros

EZs Aquapod 24 with 150 MH

ezcompany

hmmm...not many people recognize the gem of a gem!!!

i guess noone on N-R has had one before :rolleyes: that is a black and white maxima, aka zebra maxima. they have not been around for the past few years, and only recently was i able to aquire one for an arm and a leg, plus half my left kidney.

Obsessed- the construction of the pod is solid, no complaints here. i'd get a current product over a jbj anyday.

hyung, if i part out can you afford it? lol

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
United_Poseidon

EZ,

Did you special order your zebra from ORA or did you find it locally? I believe you when you say that you were "able to aquire one for an arm and a leg, plus half my left kidney". If you are going to be investing in stuff like this, not to mention all of the other more pricy sps that you have in there, I would strongly suggest that you look in to buying insurance on the tank (renters/home insurrance or whatever). Heaven forbid if some freak thing happened and you lost all of your stuff :o . Lookin' good.

StrategicReef

Hi EZ. Do you have any experience on SPS that browned out. I have a few that doesn't like it's new home and the color is shifted from when I received it. Or parts of the SPS that shaded itself also tend to brown.

I notice the place I got it from, they rotate their MH so that all parts of the SPS receive the light! Of course their water is shallow too, so it color is great in the whole SPS.

Is it just a matter of time and love and coral food to get some color back?

I had to stop the oyster eggs for a while because it was giving me cyano.

Hi EZ. Do you have any experience on SPS that browned out. I have a few that doesn't like it's new home and the color is shifted from when I received it. Or parts of the SPS that shaded itself also tend to brown.

I notice the place I got it from, they rotate their MH so that all parts of the SPS receive the light! Of course their water is shallow too, so it color is great in the whole SPS.

Is it just a matter of time and love and coral food to get some color back?

I had to stop the oyster eggs for a while because it was giving me cyano.

it takes around a month under good flow and a good bulb to get colors. i move around my sunpod when i get home so some of my other corals get more direct light. but as of now, the clam will get the majority of the light for obvious reasons!

United, what kind of insurance is there? how the heck am i gonna prove the worth of that clam to the insurance agent lol

edit: the clam is indeed from ORA

That is one fine clam if I ever did see one! Maybe once I get the bigger tank then I'll appreciate clams a bit more once i can facilitate one. In any event, you're tank looks awesome by the last pic, Jin! So the PE mysis is working out? Good to hear! B)

That is one fine clam if I ever did see one! Maybe once I get the bigger tank then I'll appreciate clams a bit more once i can facilitate one. In any event, you're tank looks awesome by the last pic, Jin! So the PE mysis is working out? Good to hear! B)

My copperband loved that stuff, but would only pick the meaty fleshy part, not the head. Since yesterday however, he is straight out refusing to eat ANYTHING. i think i may return home to his body tonight. i think i'm done with fish for awhile, i've lost too many.

don't get me wrong anyone, i fully understood what i was getting into before the purchase. i have tried ocean nutrition mysis, cyclopeeze, frozen formula 1, frozen reef formula, hikari mysis, freshwater cyclops, frozen whole mussels, live mussels, live clams, hikari mega angel, hikari krill, and finally pe mysis, in which he ate some of. all foods were selcon and vitachem soaked for 1 hour prior to feeding. i have turned off the pumps in sacrifice of my sps to make it easier on feeding for him, i have tried a worm feeder, i have tried stuffing food in clam shells and mussel shells, and i have tried directly turkey basting the food. he just refuses to eat since yesterday. despite all my efforts, i feel really sad that i am going to lose such a fine specimen :(

My copperband loved that stuff, but would only pick the meaty fleshy part, not the head. Since yesterday however, he is straight out refusing to eat ANYTHING. i think i may return home to his body tonight. i think i'm done with fish for awhile, i've lost too many.

don't get me wrong anyone, i fully understood what i was getting into before the purchase. i have tried ocean nutrition mysis, cyclopeeze, frozen formula 1, frozen reef formula, hikari mysis, freshwater cyclops, frozen whole mussels, live mussels, live clams, hikari mega angel, hikari krill, and finally pe mysis, in which he ate some of. all foods were selcon and vitachem soaked for 1 hour prior to feeding. i have turned off the pumps in sacrifice of my sps to make it easier on feeding for him, i have tried a worm feeder, i have tried stuffing food in clam shells and mussel shells, and i have tried directly turkey basting the food. he just refuses to eat since yesterday. despite all my efforts, i feel really sad that i am going to lose such a fine specimen :(

Nero is awesome and your tank looks AMAZING!

Sad to hear that your efforts to date aren't working but I'd consider getting rid of the Copperband regardless. A friend of mine added one to his tank to help with his aptasia problem and it ended up trashing all of his prize clams. I wouldn't think it would be worth the risk now that you have the zebra. my $.02.

I would kill for your SPS AND blastos...they are AWESOME! i like nero...and for all you out there you can tell its a maxima due to the pattern of its stripes!

Damn EZ how do you keep your walls so clean?

Simple...he uses HAX...MODs BAN him....jk

uhh idk, i know my walls get coralline but im to lazy...maybe its cause he isnt lazy!

Damn EZ how do you keep your walls so clean?

Kent marine glass scraper (short version) lol

i'm too cheap to buy the 20 dollar long one! Cesar, your tank is a beast too, don't be modest! btw, i'm LEGAL NOW LOL

The clam is nice and all but you need to remember that its just black and white....thats probably why you arent getting the response you hoped for...People usually tend to like more colorful clams rare or not.

The clam is nice and all but you need to remember that its just black and white....thats probably why you arent getting the response you hoped for...People usually tend to like more colorful clams rare or not.

You trippin' i'm in love with that clam...IMO way better than the normal ghetto ones =)

if only you could see it in person T...it flouresces blue in the edges and in the middle, it melts my heart everytime i look at it <3

if only you could see it in person T...it flouresces blue in the edges and in the middle, it gives melts my heart everytime i look at it <3

just curious when you peer over the top, does its color change durastically?

yeah i did, thank God :) hows your 40 coming along? where's the tank thread?

My 40 is looking sad dude. I had some incidents and lost some corals. I have been really lazy lately and my tank looks like crap. I want to clean it up and start a 40g thread. As a matter of fact im going to clean that sucker good by this weekend and see what I can come up with.

I miss my 20 :tears: It was matured and it basically ran on it's own.

My 40 is looking sad dude. I had some incidents and lost some corals. I have been really lazy lately and my tank looks like crap. I want to clean it up and start a 40g thread. As a matter of fact im going to clean that sucker good by this weekend and see what I can come up with.

I miss my 20 :tears: It was matured and it basically ran on it's own.

aw sux...i'm glad you're taking action to make it anew though. let me know if you need anything or help!

aw sux...i'm glad you're taking action to make it anew though. let me know if you need anything or help!

ugh....ALK IS A BEACH!!!!!!

Ca: 410

Mg: 1400

Alk: 6 DKH

Must be Nero...

Archived