Top Shelf Aquatics

Bobalouy's new 20L

Bobalouy

Blue backgrounds rock seriously something about em and a MH fix that just jumps out at you When I set up my tank I didnt paint the back till I saw yours and other peeps tanks, the only thing is that I picked darker shade of blue. Awesome tank BTW cant wait to see it filled up with corals.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ecotoxlady - I'd be happy to help you with a new setup, its almost more fun than stocking the tank.

Cadwalader86 - Its made by Euro-fil, I believe its the 125, I really don't know too much about it.

Coming up on two months, and everything has been going smooth. Im starting to like not having any fish, the tank stays nice and clean. And all the hair algae pretty much died. I am infested with red flatworms though, havn't dealt with them yet.

Anyway here are some new shots.

month2.jpg

month2_2.jpg

month2_3.jpg

These zoas have been in my pico, then moved to my frag tank, then to a dark bucket for a month, and I could always tell they had a red ring, but they never really popped. Now they are loving the MH. (So are the hydroids unfortunately)

month2_5.jpg

month2_6.jpg

A few top down shots:

month2_4.jpg

month2_8.jpg

month2_7.jpg

month2_9.jpg

month2_10.jpg

month2_11.jpg

month2_12.jpg

Obsessed Reefer
very nice (borat voice)

One of the best movies ever made....

Very nice Tony. You should pick up some fish, give the tank more life.

Jesse

Yeah, I'll get a fish sooner or later. Just having a hard time deciding on them. Im probably going to get a peppermint shrimp this weekend.

Yeah, I'll get a fish sooner or later. Just having a hard time deciding on them. Im probably going to get a peppermint shrimp this weekend.

don't buy a fish man....they are annoying to feed all the time, they jump, and add alot to the bioload

plus coral-banded shrimp eat bristle worms, so i suggest getting one of those instead of the peppermint shrimp, but peppermint shrimp are cool too(i just really hate worms in my tank)

if u do get a fish, get a non-jumping fish cuz mine jumped again and it didn't survive this time

Derby Reefer
if u do get a fish, get a non-jumping fish cuz mine jumped again and it didn't survive this time

I lost a bunch of fish back in the day cause I did not realize I needed something over my tank and I had jumpers.

i dont mean to invade your thread here.. but it looks like one of your zoo colonies have (hydroid??) jelllies? all over them, which will spread and kill everything. literally. i lost 120 zpp polyps due to these buggers

post-11314-1174486701_thumb.jpg

Zatoichi - Come on feeding fish isn't that bad :) I am was planning on making a mesh top if I get a jumper. Now as for the coral banded, I will never put one in my tank, every time I see one at the LFS they are up to no good. Besides worms are awesome, I think they are far more beneficial than a CBS.

jjjo - yes I know they are hydroids, they have been on the rock for about 2 years now. I wanted to let the zoos grow out a little before I try removing them. Which I think its about time to go for it.

Thanks guys!

Zat, still haven't had a chance to get to the LFS they close to early.

I know how it is. The one I like to go to closes at 6 every day, and it's like 30 min away from my house, so I have to wait for the weekends to go there.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally picked up a fish yesterday, a Solar Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus solorensis). I have been reading about them for a while now. And get mixed opinions on tank size. But the LFS had one, and a 25% off sale. So I couldn't resist

This is the best pic so far, doesn't do him justice at all, but he has been hiding alot.

solar.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm glad somebody here on NR besides me who does not want crabs in the main display tank. I have one Astrea snail in main tank, and the rest of the snails live in the refugium.

Yeah I cringe when I here people talking about putting 20 hermits in their 10g. They are annoying and just mess things up. I am a big fan of astreas, and my nassarius takes care of left over food better than hermits.

Update: Got a Sixline.

Obsessed Reefer

I agree, I only added hermits because I had an algae problem. Now I have two left, and they killed 4 snails. I have 1 snail left, and like 10 baby snails. When I get back from NC and after going to Dr. Macs on Tuesday, I'm taking out the hermits.

We need some more pics.

Archived