Coral Vue Hydros

Bobalouy's new 20L

Bobalouy

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally got this beast quiet! One more trip to good ol home depot. And then I will be done.

final.jpg

final_2.jpg

final_3.jpg

Now one more problem, my wife is about to go into labor any day now.

damn that tank is clean.

Hope you scaping goes with it.Its kinda hard to find corals that go with a lighter background.

God I sound like a chick -_-

sorry to hear about your car,a quick trip to the scrap yard should sort it out :D

Haha good eye, I was waiting for someone to notice. I wanted black silicone but couldn't find one. So the other night I put some black vinyl sticker material on the corners.

Update - GETTING MY SAND AND LR TOMORROW!!!!

I also wanted black silicone. The LFS here told me AGA discontinued black silicone on non-custom tanks... seems stupid to me. if anything they should discontinue clear silicone :P

**EDIT**

Oh hey dude, youre the guy with the sexy 1g pico :D

I emailed AGA, and they gave me an item number. But my LFS also insisted they didn't make them. And wouldn't order one. At the time I was in a rush to get this tank setup. But now its almost a year later I should have waited and found one.

I emailed AGA, and they gave me an item number. But my LFS also insisted they didn't make them. And wouldn't order one. At the time I was in a rush to get this tank setup. But now its almost a year later I should have waited and found one.

Ah well, my next tank will be custom anyway (to be built by aquariumobsessed, located in my home town) when i move back to canada :)

Finally its done...well just about. Added 20lbs. of Figi LR and 30lbs of Aragamax sugar sized sand. Also picked up a CPR SR2 Skimmer. The sand is still settling and my eyes are still adjusting to the 14k MH.

Still need to learn how to photograph this thing

day1.jpg

day1_2.jpg

day1_3.jpg

Bobalouy, you plan to put any nozzles or loc-line on the returns or are you going to leave it the way they are?

how is flow with just the bulkheads?

How about a current picture of the back of the tank.

I'm still trying to figure out how you hooked up the lower drain to the existing plumbing on the back.

Great looking set up.

rna - I was going to get some nozzles when I got my rock, but the LFS was all out. The flow is ok without them, but it is digging holes in the sand in the front corners of the tank.

vitarte - I never took a final pic, but I did make a diagram to show someone on a local forum.

Basically just a second external durso, I had to put the 45's in to go around the top drain.

final_plumb.jpg

Finally figured out the white balance on my camera.

day4.jpg

One hitchhiker maybe a pest anemone, also found 2 more mushroom looking blobs.

day4_2.jpg

Archived