Innovative Marine Aquariums

FloorLord's 29 Gallon Money Bucket!

FloorLord

DELTEC are the BOMB!!!!! Hey ezcompany, find 2 more people who want them, and I can get you a better deal! lol

Altho I am not a big HOB fan.

D

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey what's up Dane. Nice looking set you have there. Question. Is that tank drilled? I have my 40g acrylic tank running now but since it was an emergency I didn't have time to drill it. What do you think of those hang on over flow things?

Hey question about your fuge/sump. What are the specs on the tank? I was thinking about putting the same skimmer in my sump but I have Chaeto in it right now.

Hey what's up Dane. Nice looking set you have there. Question. Is that tank drilled? I have my 40g acrylic tank running now but since it was an emergency I didn't have time to drill it. What do you think of those hang on over flow things?

Hey! Whassup Cesar! Thanks man!

Yeah, it is drilled! I hate the look of anything in the display of a tank. (i.e. filters, pumps, powerheads, heater's etc)

As far as HOB, I really just generally don't trust anything that rely's on a siphon, or just has water sitting behind the tank in general, it just ooks me out.

In my system in particular, I have so many damn tiny Cerith snails in my tank, one could easily clog a HOB device, and then all hell would break loose.

Another thing is, they are too loud. (most brands atleast) Everyone told me this Mini G was going to be hella loud, but, it's almost silent as far as I can tell.

D

Hey! Whassup Cesar! Thanks man!

Yeah, it is drilled! I hate the look of anything in the display of a tank. (i.e. filters, pumps, powerheads, heater's etc)

As far as HOB, I really just generally don't trust anything that rely's on a siphon, or just has water sitting behind the tank in general, it just ooks me out.

In my system in particular, I have so many damn tiny Cerith snails in my tank, one could easily clog a HOB device, and then all hell would break loose.

Another thing is, they are too loud. (most brands atleast) Everyone told me this Mini G was going to be hella loud, but, it's almost silent as far as I can tell.

D

Yes your right, not worth the hassle or worry. I guess when I have time I will drain it again and drill it to add the sump.

Hey question about your fuge/sump. What are the specs on the tank? I was thinking about putting the same skimmer in my sump but I have Chaeto in it right now.

The sump is a 15 Gallon "HIGH" AGA, and it was a real PITA to find. It's basically the same footprint as a 10G, but instead of 12" top to bottom, it is 18"

This works well because my tank is drilled, and if power cuts off, I still have plenty of room for water to siphon thru my return and overflow, and not flood my sump.

The skimmer has a really large footprint! Over 10.5" so plan accordingly if you plan to get it! I used www.melevsreef.com for most of my ideas/planning, it's a great site, highly reccomended!

D

DELTEC are the BOMB!!!!! Hey ezcompany, find 2 more people who want them, and I can get you a better deal! lol

Altho I am not a big HOB fan.

D

hmmm. the problem is, can i FIT one in my 24 gallon :lol:

i have no idea of the dimensions of the HOB Deltec, man i wish i had a sump like you guys.

Yes your right, not worth the hassle or worry. I guess when I have time I will drain it again and drill it to add the sump.

Don't get me wrong, LOTS of peeps out there use the the HOB method with no problems. I guess I am just a stubborn old-skooler! lol

Acrylic is SO much easier to drill than glass, you could prolly do it with the water in there!

Dude, BTW, that Halo logo is friggin dope!!!!! Have you been playing? (Halo)

D

hmmm. the problem is, can i FIT one in my 24 gallon :lol:

i have no idea of the dimensions of the HOB Deltec, man i wish i had a sump like you guys.

Dude, I think it would be so cake-walk to drill a Nano, or Aquapod! You would not even have to drain it, just the back! Just a thought, but, take a look at the footprint dimensions.

I can't wait to get some sand/LR/Cheato/Light on this thing, I think it is really gonna work well. I DO wish I could eliminate the filter sock, and just have a tall box of LR for the incoming drain water.

Next step is to mod this Mini G, hope it works!

D

Hey Dane are you anti filtersock? I love my filtersock

yeah dude! I am pretty much anti anything that I have to clean continually, whether it's a sock, or sponges. As time goes on, you have to be so meticulous about cleaning them.

D

I would have to buy prolly 3-4 of them to get a deal @ all, and that would not be much, lemme check my price list when I get home!

D

Acrylic is SO much easier to drill than glass, you could prolly do it with the water in there!

Dude, BTW, that Halo logo is friggin dope!!!!! Have you been playing? (Halo)

D

You really think it's possible to get it drilled with some water in it? I would need someone that knows about drilling. Last thing I want to do is screw up this bad ass tank. The 40 is killer man. I guess I could get it drilled because the water level is not even that high. I have about 2 to maybe even 3 inches of space on top. Hmm...interesting point. What about the pieces or dust of acrylic that goes into the water? No damage?

Halo2. Man I have been playing that thing like religiously, lol. I just dont play on line because I dont want to be embarrassed, lol.

You really think it's possible to get it drilled with some water in it? I would need someone that knows about drilling. Last thing I want to do is screw up this bad ass tank. The 40 is killer man. I guess I could get it drilled because the water level is not even that high. I have about 2 to maybe even 3 inches of space on top. Hmm...interesting point. What about the pieces or dust of acrylic that goes into the water? No damage?

Halo2. Man I have been playing that thing like religiously, lol. I just dont play on line because I dont want to be embarrassed, lol.

Don't take my exact word for it, but, I think it would be cool. I would definitely put a strong vacuum next to the bit while I was drilling, and maybe some rubber/plywood, to keep the bit from moving. I doubt the fragments of acrylic would hurt anything, especially if you r skimming. I definetely think it's possible, but ask some of the DIY guru's first! lol

That's cool dude, you should hit me up online, xDIGGITYx or danetron 3030 I will teach you how to play man!

D

Don't take my exact word for it, but, I think it would be cool. I would definitely put a strong vacuum next to the bit while I was drilling, and maybe some rubber/plywood, to keep the bit from moving. I doubt the fragments of acrylic would hurt anything, especially if you r skimming. I definetely think it's possible, but ask some of the DIY guru's first! lol

That's cool dude, you should hit me up online, xDIGGITYx or danetron 3030 I will teach you how to play man!

D

Yeah im going to ask one of these DIY masters. I would need someone to drill it for sure though. I can probably ask Tigahboy to do it for me, since he's really close by.

I will hit you up one of these days man. I need to learn how to play better, lol.

• 3 weeks later...
I just redid some plumbing on my tank to eliminate my filter sock also....Im happy I dont have to clean those stupid things anymore!

DUDE! Tom, (AKA the plumbing masta!)

What did you do, make a bubble box? That is what I was gonna try, but, I am outta room in my sump. Mini G was a little bigger than I thought! :P

D

Im going to have to take a pic of what I did....Its pretty complicated! LOL

Im coming over 2nite w/beer to check it out. I hope its not a set of "Monkey bars", like my plumbing!

:lol:

quick update!!!!!!! Plenty of pics to come this afternoon!

Got a couple new fishies! Grouch (Clown Fairy Wrasse) and Eligh (Incredible looking Perc)

D

Archived