Innovative Marine Aquariums

Custom Overflowing Tank for Clams

pandabehr

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This tank makes me feel in a way that no one but my girlfriend has made me feel before...

Seriously though, your thank is absolutly amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

I love your tank. I was looking into buying a zero edge aquarium but the price was outrageous. After seeing your tank I am planning on building my own. I plan on going 30x30x14t and using 1" acrylic. If you could post a list of the tools that you used and any good links you know of about working with acrylic it would be much appreciated. Also I hope you don't mind if I post a couple pictures of your tank on my reef club's site http://www.atlantareefclub.org/. Thanks

Merlin

I Take Pictures
I love your tank. I was looking into buying a zero edge aquarium but the price was outrageous. After seeing your tank I am planning on building my own. I plan on going 30x30x14t and using 1" acrylic. If you could post a list of the tools that you used and any good links you know of about working with acrylic it would be much appreciated. Also I hope you don't mind if I post a couple pictures of your tank on my reef club's site http://www.atlantareefclub.org/. Thanks

Merlin

Your name is calireefer but you belong to the atlanta reef club?

BTW, Sick tank! The only thing I need is more pictures!

I'm in the middle of movin out to Atlanta but I still work for a dive company in oxnard and live up in los osos. Just Taking care of the important things first like finding a cool reef club. Also just moved the the inhabitants of my 22g starfire cube out here. Lost a cherub angel I'd had for two years but all the corals made it. I moved it all into a new 75 and I'll be setting my cube back up once I get it out here.

Your name is calireefer but you belong to the atlanta reef club?

BTW, Sick tank! The only thing I need is more pictures!

very nice tank.. i was lookin into making one of these a little while ago.. im just curious on the specifics of how the plumbing works.. how is the pipe routed through the bottom of the tray..did you jsut hack down on those bulkheads? care to elaborate?

I Take Pictures
I'm in the middle of movin out to Atlanta but I still work for a dive company in oxnard and live up in los osos. Just Taking care of the important things first like finding a cool reef club. Also just moved the the inhabitants of my 22g starfire cube out here. Lost a cherub angel I'd had for two years but all the corals made it. I moved it all into a new 75 and I'll be setting my cube back up once I get it out here.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, ic now, just a bit confused before :D

• 3 weeks later...
newjerseynano

omg this is my dream tank, a gorgeous tank full of beautiful clams! Theyre so many, dam great job this must of took a lot to put together, but im sure its rewarding! My 20L has 2 croceas atm, lmk if u wanna gimme any of those "dying" ;) clams of urs.

also, what are u dosing if at all? and post more fts and clam shots!

• 1 month later...
avalanche1201

Hey panda, im planning on making my own overflow. Just a few questions...how is the salt effecting the walls? I noticed your splash shield in back, does it help alot?

How is your tray set up? did you build it yourself or did you find something? how is it drilled to drain the water to the sump (bulk head in each corner)? Gravity or something else?

I was thinking of maybe giving the overflow tray a little extra height in the corners so the water flows down into a bulkhead in the middle of each side.

Loven the tank, its amazing...hope I can get mine to look just as good

• 4 months later...

Awesome work. I may try to replicate this on my desk at work. I am in the process of changing offices so I will see what I end up with for a desk.

Beautiful tank! Im glad to see that someones already tried this and got it to work out. The only problem i am having is that the water is not overflowing all the edges equally but I think its because I need to get a bigger pump ( I have a mag 5). I think you said you had a mag 5 for yours too and then switched to a 7, I might have to do that too. If you have any comments about my tank i would love to here them cause yours turned out so perfectly.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

couple of questions that might have been already answered...how do you clean the glass? magnets will be soaked, also how do you deal with evaporation...thanks..

• 7 months later...
This member hasn't been around since '07...

...uhmmm, does anyone else know where to get a tank and tray like these right here? I've been looking but no luck so far

Archived