Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Custom Overflowing Tank for Clams

pandabehr

New pics!

I added an awesome orange carpet and a pair of Red Saddlebacks...I threw in a Domino Damsel for some contrast. Pretty cool, they are all hosting the anemone together. So far I have a brilliant blue crocea and a small orange deresa. I have two squamosa clams coming in tomorrow.

post-813-1139269855_thumb.jpg

post-813-1139269902_thumb.jpg

post-813-1139269927_thumb.jpg

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I make my own foods, along with feeding baby brine.

I use a few diffrent types.

I used table shrimp ground up in a processer (Shells Included) fortified with Selcon, Garlic and a small amount odf lemon juice (Vitamin C). I also use beef heart processed with selcon and cod liver oil. I toss in some spirulina flake and cyclopeze about once a week.

Red salddlebacks are also known as Fire Clowns (Amphiprion ephippium). They are not very common. I get them from Pro Aquatics in Puerto Rico...

Stellar tank man, reminds me of the one at the Waikiki Aquarium...and oh man is it sweet. On the sides of the tank where the water overflows to they put smoothed over River stones to kinda break up what was going on as well as give it some cool texture.

• 2 weeks later...

Tank looks killer,could you explain how you connected the bulkheads inbetween the tray and the display? Like is there 2 sets of bulkheads connected to pass though the tray?Maybe an upadated pic? Did you upgrade pumps yet?I'm toying with the idea of this tank design on a small tank that i have thats drilled already in the bottom.

very modern looking

There is also a tank like that at the Waikiki Aquarium, and the Los Angeles Zoo's new sea lion exhibit also overflows over the acrylic windows like that.

hey how do you clean the sides, when its overflowing like that.

I installed an american dj switch box on the side of the stand. When I want to clean it I simply switch off the box a goto town! It is also cool to switch off the box for a few to get a nice side view!

So far so good. The tank is doing very well. So far I have the following residents:

Yashia Goby and Red Sea Pistol pair

Pair of Red Saddle Backs

Three Domino Damsels

Orange Mertens Carpet Anemone

Two Pepermint Shrimp (Purely for Aiptasia Control)

Gold Coral Banded Shrimp

Three Electric Blue Crocea Clams

One Small Electric Orage Deresa Clam

One Large Crocea Clam

Small Head od Acropora spp. Orange/Peach with green tips

Pink and Green Frogspawn

Two Green Alien Eye Chalice

In the Fuge 10 gallon Fuge I have a small pair of Black False Percs

Baseball sized colony of pom pom xenia

Sofball sized colony of Longbar xenia

Future Live stock

Two Maxima's (Hopefully at least one black and white zebra)

Pair of Panda Gobys

A Mate for the Gold Coral Banded

Three Captive Bred Green Abolone's

Red Serpant Star

Acropora's

As far as chemicals go.

B-Ionic

Tropic Marine Pro Reef Salt

Esv Potassium Iodide

Esv Strontium Chloride

Esv Magnesium

Tropic Marine Pro Calcium

It is so cool to see the domino's and the clowns share the Carpet anemone.

Pics of all the new clams yet to come!

PICS PICS PICS!!!

What is your estimated total water volume?

Seems like your overstocked, but with all that livestock living just fine... seems like you have some kind of balance going on! I want to know how you do it! Are you running a skimmer?

Holy crap that FTS is awsome. wouldve been slightly awsomer if those snails werent on top, but what ever.

I'm totally setting up a tank like this one day. Just a big cube of water with no cords or anything...

so cool....

Archived