Cultivated Reef

Tigahboy's 15S [LPS-only]

Tigahboy

Ok, enough with compliments! :D

He he, now seriusly, what are you gonna do with all that algea?

Some turbo snails?

I have them in my tank and they graze like hell grazers B)

BTW they breed so i am starting to ged rid of them, if you fly near Croatia, i will give you 10youngster... you don't event have to give me some acan's or blastos... micromussa will do the trick :lol:

Oh yeah, will you put some fish inside or?

Little gobidons would look so nice... or if not fish, maybe sexy shrimps... 10 of them would look sooooooo nice... ;)

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want that green acan lord soooooo bad!!!! Is that angel micromussa that I spy in the acan picture? Also, on a different subject, what works best for dendros, do you glue them to a piece of LR or do you just bury them in the sand?

yeah. got that micromussa in a trade w/ Fluid Imagery.

I've done both [gluing and sticking in sand] w/ dendros. either works fine.

Ok, enough with compliments! :D

He he, now seriusly, what are you gonna do with all that algea?

Some turbo snails?

I have them in my tank and they graze like hell grazers B)

BTW they breed so i am starting to ged rid of them, if you fly near Croatia, i will give you 10youngster... you don't event have to give me some acan's or blastos... micromussa will do the trick :lol:

Oh yeah, will you put some fish inside or?

Little gobidons would look so nice... or if not fish, maybe sexy shrimps... 10 of them would look sooooooo nice... ;)

Yeah, the macro algae is getting a bit out of hand. Going to add a refugium to the set-up and will look into grazers.

Thanks for the offer, but I think the turbos might not make the trip back on the plane. =P

Looking good. Acan island is looking a little flat though, you need somthing taller sticking out of the top to the make it look a little more interesting. Maybe a gorgonian of some type?

I want that green acan lord soooooo bad!!!! Is that angel micromussa that I spy in the acan picture? Also, on a different subject, what works best for dendros, do you glue them to a piece of LR or do you just bury them in the sand?

Uhhhh...no ecotoxlady that green acan is mine! MINE, MINE, MINE!!! :D

The tank is looking great Tigah! What about some shrimp or a hermit to help with the algae? I kinda like it though, looks natural. :)

I had my dendro in the sand but I noticed it's "skin" growing over the sand so I mounted it to a rock. Looks a little better I think.

I'm sure y'all gettin sick of seeing basically the same corals...I should be gettin more chalices tho from RandyO in a couple days tho. so until then...

15g183.jpg

Thanks for the updates Tigah!

That is an awesome pink eye micro. Can't wait to see the chalices, RandyO has some wicked nice stuff!

Didnt you cook your rock? I wonder why you have algae prob :( Oh well, I'm sure you'll handle it :)

I'm surprised your shrimp haven't taken care of the algae. I have sexies in my nano and every time I get a frag with a little algae on it they eat all off in a couple days. Sexy pigs. :P

the elusive pistol shrimp. I've never been able to catch him, but he's been able to hide in the rocks and survive every single tank transfer I made from my via aqua -> 30g -> 67g -> the current 15g.

but I always know he's there from the clicking sounds. finally got a pic of him today...

15g191.jpg

have you ever had trouble with the pistol shrimp burying your stuff that is set on the sand? I had one that buried an open brain, some micromussa, and a few sps pieces that had fallen off the rocks.

I have had the same experience with a pistol shrimp. Snuck in with my TBS Live rock and started in a 5g Minibow then to my tidepool reef and now in my 30g still clicking. Only seen him once when moving from the 5g minibow. Your looks really cool, Ilove the colors. Was he a hitchiker or a purchase.

have you ever had trouble with the pistol shrimp burying your stuff that is set on the sand? I had one that buried an open brain, some micromussa, and a few sps pieces that had fallen off the rocks.

I keep my corals away from his burrow, so haven't had too many probs w/ that. I've had worse experience w/ a diamond goby that burried a lot of my LPS - and ended up killing them. -_-

I have had the same experience with a pistol shrimp. Snuck in with my TBS Live rock and started in a 5g Minibow then to my tidepool reef and now in my 30g still clicking. Only seen him once when moving from the 5g minibow. Your looks really cool, Ilove the colors. Was he a hitchiker or a purchase.

The pistols seem to be resourceful lil critters.

I actually purchased mine about a year and a half ago.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wasssssssup!

haha. I just posted a thread in classifieds to sell stuff from my LPS tank, but everyone is posting non-classifieds related stuff there, so I thought I should update this thread for those types of posts. =)

All my tanks are fine. But I have neglected them a little and the macro is growing like crazy. haha. I do have 1 tiny orange banded goby. but he RARELY comes out of hiding. bastard. haha.

Been busy with law school and all, so haven't had time to really surf nano-reef or reeftuners as much as I used to. oh well.

Archived