inTank Media Baskets

reef 'n ale's 37.5g custom

reef n ale

The new project is officially underway!

The lights; Aqua Medic Ocean Light 150w x 2 MH HQI + 39w x 2 T5's. It is currently being modified by Chris at www.nanocustoms.com to have each T5 operate independently from each other and the

MH's.

Thanks Chris!! :)

The tank; 37.5g custom being built by www.socalcreations.com. It will be a 36"L x 15"H x 16"W black-back with external overflow. They are also building the custom sump and stand(more details to follow).

Thanks to Steve and Randy!! :)

I want to thank the following great people for their support and inspiration; Ruth, Dennis, lgreen, jmt, winnie, and Bill. :flower:

How happy am I? :happy:

My wallet? :tears:

Much more to follow.......

Rob

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks d! Randy does some beautiful work. I can't wait!! It's going to be a transparent black on oak. It should look pretty cool when it's done.

Rob

winniebagel

Is there an ETA on when both the stand, tank, and sump will be completed? It's sounds like you're going all-out on this and will be an awesome setup when all is said and done. Can't wait to see your updates!

shao-lin nano

I've seen so much of what socalcreations has done for you guys here all I can think of is how/when I'm going to get one from them!!! I get all excited watching one of these tanks being made and it's not even mine...lol.

Hey winnie! The ETA is going be another week or two (then shipping) but it will be well worth it. Did you see the link (above) to the socalcreations construction page? Check it out ^ ! BTW, I hope you realize I'll need your help when it get's here! ;)

Thanks for the enthusiasm shao-lin! You should go for it next project.

Rob

Everything looks awsome so far! Cant wait to see it up and running.

BTW: Good choice on the Pan World, have one on my FW tank and it is very quite and puts out alot of flow.

winniebagel

I love the work the SoCal Creations duo produces and the update photos to keep their clients up to date. That stand for your tank is awesome! hahah, I wish I had my stand built by those guys when I started - it would've saved me a lot of hassle and headache.

lol, well, if you do have any ?s, us NRers will try to answer them as best as we can for ya. :)

Hopefully, I'll get the SoCal Creations setup in about 2-3 weeks. Shipping from west coast to east coast may take some time on this one!

winnie, I agree that the way Steve and Randy post pics to update progress is awesome! It's a very nice touch to doing business. What did you end up with for your stand? I didn't see it in any of your pics.

Rob

Hey Rob,

Just got my tank up and running. Here's a link to my post on what I'm running into right now: Bill's 37.5g plumbing problem

Make sure you have Steve double check the drain hole before shipping it. They made a mistake and placed the hole too off center. They had to saw a couple of pieces from each side to enlarge it. X)

I've got to start a new post on my tank. But I've been messing with the plumbing too much.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

Bill

Bill's 40g

Hey Bill, Steve is installing the bulkhead for the drain and making the Durso standpipe for mine, so I don't think I'll run into that problem. I'm glad your's worked out though!

Off to your plumbing post!

Rob

scarletknight06

that looks awesome! I actually just placed an order from them myself. IF you click on the current creations and then "Jonathans 36x18x16 reef tank" thats mine!

You say you are on the east coast? me too. How are they shipping your stand? I inquired about a stand and they said they werent freight shipping at this time, but I found a local guy to make an awesome stand and canopy and he only charged me for lumber.

What are the specs on the tank aside from dimensions? wheres the overflow box? holes for closed loop, etc....

it wasnt $280 for tank and stand was it?

Archived