Pod Your Reef

reef 'n ale's 37.5g custom

reef n ale

So Rob, how's your tenuis doing man, has the carnage stopped yet?

Man, I hate RTN. It has already claimed a beautiful green cap that was at least 6" across and a frag of the true M. undata that I got from Fragfarmer a month ago. It was growing so well too, then all of a sudden, boom, it just died on me.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Kenny!

The carnage hasn't stopped, but it has slowed to the point that I can frag it without too much worry. This is my first SPS, so my bad for going with a wild colony. It will also be my first time fragging an acro, so I hope that goes well. It can't be any worse than just sitting by and watching it disappear...right? :huh:

If it goes well, I'll send you a frag! :)

Rob

Thanks Rob. I may actually need it now. It appears I had somewhat of a tank crash on my home 30G tank and lost most of my Acros. The few remaining pieces that haven't died yet have been moved to my work tank. All my Monti seemed to be doing ok tho. It's a very sad day. I probably lost over $800 of some very nice colonies and frags :( Luckily, the Acros in my work tank are doing well so I am not totally out. Once my home tank settles down, I'll have to restock. Yippee!!!

It started almost 2 nights ago when I noticed something wasn't right with the corals. Then when I got home from work last night, my prized lokani, undata, crayola table, a large brown piece that had the promise of being a really nice tort (over 7" tall), and a bunch of other frags went RTN on me. I am still trying to figure it out, but I doubt I'll ever find the reasons. I am just doing water changes in the hopes of stabilizing the tank so the rest of the SPS don't die on me.

That sucks Kenny! Sorry man...

It makes me wonder if I should even bother to get into the SPS thing. hmmm...

Well, if I can save this one I'll hook you up. If not, I'm going to Dr. Macs in a few weeks...who knows what I'll come home with! (insert evil laugh w/creepy organ music) hehehe...

Rob

Rob, didn't mean to scare you off from keeping SPS. It's simply the most awesome corals around. I mean, I have my favorite LPS and softies too, but SPS is just something else. I am restocking as soon as I know that my system is stable again. No hesitation whatsoever.

Thanks dude. And you know I'll return the favor. Still got these beauties kicking in my work cube :P I'll be glad to send back frags of these. Thank goodness I have 2 tanks.

TTFGreentipAunknown11-3-06.jpg

TTFBlueAunknown11-3-06.jpg

• 1 year later...

Wow!!! Here's an old thread!

I guess you're not getting your frag Kenny, huh... :D

Well, after totally screwing up, I had to tear down and restart.

Here's what it looks like today...

Rob

89456dsc003121vq2.jpg

Thanks guys! :)

That's pretty funny, Travis. The wonders of NR!

Anyway, it wasn't what I would classify as a "crash" that made me start over, but more of a plague.

I had a case of Dinoflagellates like you wouldn't believe! I wouldn't wish that on anyone...

So, I tore it down, cleaned EVERYTHING, and let it dry out for about a month. When I put it back together, I ran straight RO/DI water for another month with no lighting. And now here we are.

If it happens again there's going to be a real nice setup for sale! :P

Rob

MarvinsReef
Wow!!! Here's an old thread!

I guess you're not getting your frag Kenny, huh... :D

Well, after totally screwing up, I had to tear down and restart.

Here's what it looks like today...

Rob

89456dsc003121vq2.jpg

wow.. excellent looking tank already... :D

wow.. excellent looking tank already... :D

Yeah, just give him a few months :huh: I kid. I kid :lol: Welcome back Rob. LMK if you ever need some frags. I'll trade you for some rocks ;)

• 5 months later...

So, I guess your A Tenuis didn't make it. I was really hoping to bum a frag of that from you! Any idea where to find one? BTW, nice set up. How does it look now?

Archived