Innovative Marine Aquariums

dweakl01's 20 Long

dweakl01

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback.

Rob,

The rate these candies are going, if you want some of these back, I'll be able to hook you up, no problem. How's the tak coming along?

BTW..I dumped the halide for a coralife 2 x 96w + LED fixture. The hailde just didn't light the length of the tank like I wanted.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Dweak, I'm getting ready to set up a 20L, and I have a question about your drain/return. I'm looking to go with 2 drains, and my questions with the bulkheads is what kind is that? I was going to order from prem. Aqua. and their options are SLIP/Threaded or just Threaded. Which is it I want? I don't know much about plumbing. I'm going to be using PVC. I'm wanting to keep SPS and clams in this, should I go for 3/4" or 1" drains? And which kind of pump for either option? Thanks for any help

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Darin! I really enjoyed looking through this thread and look forward to seeing an update. I have to set up a thread for my 72G but I've been lazy about it. Don't know if I told you that my nano tank crashed a few months ago and I lost all the frags you gave me in addition to some of the nicest corals I've ever owned :( I'm trying to reestablish myself with some awesome zoos though!

In due time, in due time. There is still a bit of sand milling around the bottom of the tank by the rocks. Once I get it all out I'll post some pics...in a week or so.

I got my Remora Pro running on the sump as well. That thing kicks much ass.

Alright. I got the sandbed removed. Only some stragglers remain. here are some pics, since I haven't posted in quite a while. Since I haven't cleaned the glass post sandbed removal, I decided to go w/actinic-only shots, thinking they woud help hide my dirty glass. Enjoy.

The whole kit and kaboodle...

setup1.jpg

The sump, for those of you who begged for sump pics...

sump.jpg

The Remora Pro I won from the SV-SEA raffle...(Thanks guys!)

remora_pro.jpg

My cap...

monti_cap.jpg

Some Xenia and some SPS frags(digitata, etc.)...

frags.jpg

My acro...

acropora.jpg

Showing my sump is like posing nude. I guess we all do it at least once in our lives.

You're not going to bring up the Reef B Que again, are you? ;)

Rob

Thanks, Karen. You just want the naked pics of me, huh? (jk). Sorry to hear about your tank crash. You'll have to come over sometime and I'll stock you back up out of sympathy. See ya!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Rob.

Ok, Travis. Here's an FTS for ya. Don't say I didn' tgive you anything for Christmas.

I'm planning on doing starboard after the holidays, or whenver I get off my lazy butt.

FTS_12-23-2005.jpg

Archived