inTank Media Baskets

dweakl01's 20 Long

dweakl01

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks great man! I like how the blue back looks.

Is there anything you can do about raising the water level?

BTW, I see the candy cane has survived!;)

Rob

Yeah, the candy cane is doing well.(Thank you) I could raise the water leve if I wanted to, but I'm not concerned about it. Maybe one day, if I get a bug up my ass about it, I'll drain it down and add two skimmer boxes. But for now, I'm pleased.

Originally posted by pet_doc

Looks good dweakl01, really clean and I really like the manifold.

Thanks doc. I've got about $8 or $9 wrapped-up in the manifold, so they're very affordable to do.

Nice stocking, Dweak. I second Dhoffroad's 90 degree elbow idea. With my design, I put in an elbow with a strainer and didn't cement it so I can pivot it and adjust the water level with it.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Dweak,

Your tank looks beautiful, love the blue background. With time those pipe fittings that are submerged will grow coraline algae and blend more.

I saw another thread where the reefer spray painted the pipe to the same color as the background, looked really nice but like I said, it will pick up it's own color with time.

Your light looks really strong, your corals are going to love you for that, nice job.

Mike

Let's see here...

Rob: I like the manifold, but I need more pressure on the front side. I may cap off the two back outlets and drill pin holes in them to force more pressure to the front, or buy a bigger pump. Who knows?

Ed-N: Thanks. Yeah the 90s sounds like the plan.

Newbie527: The light in the pic is 96 watts.

mikeguerrero: Thanks. Its a new bulb.

mykoe817: I'll post pics of my sump when you post pics of your toilet.

ProFlatlander15: Thanks. I was thinking about ding a spray bar when I was planning the tank, then I went to see Calfo talk and he raved about manifolds. So, me being a Calfo-whore, like I am, I decided to build one.

Archived