inTank Media Baskets

What type of camera do you use?

Sparkling_Surfer

NICE shot. Fancy-looking coral--I love the color and the texture.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Derby Reefer

I currently have a Olympus Z-740 U. I like the camera but I am saving up for a digital SLR (After the new 29gal goes up).

Originally posted by lostdog

I've got a Canon Digital Rebel (Love it!), but I'm in need of a good Macro lens before I can take great tank photos.

Is it the 300D Rebel or the 350D Rebel XT?

I WANT the Rebel XT, and before the week is up I will be ordering one. Lens choices is the only thing holding me back. I need to do a bit more research before I take the final plunge.

From what I have read the best Macro lens for the Rebel is the Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro, it seems to be the lens of choice for taking tank shots. So that lens is $450, the Camera kit is $850, then I would need a walk-around, everyday type telephoto lens. Probably another $400.

Decisions, decisions....

I'm SO confused. ???

Bob

jenniebutterfly

these are from my new camera, a konica minolta dimage z1, i love it. still have a lot to learn though. only had it for about 5 hours :D

normal_coral%20029.jpg

normal_coral%20038.jpg

normal_coral%20039.jpg

oh and these are all untouched, i did not even resize them.

those are great shots Six! i see you put the pic of the pony up again. :)

based on 6's shots and tigahboys shot, i think nikon takes the cheese. i hope i can get a nikon soon. i just can't decide whether to go with the 7900 or save up for the D50.

fluidimagery
Originally posted by Caesar777

Ah. Is it a good camera? My boyfriend's getting the T1, 5 MP.

Tell your boyfriend to think twice about getting the T1. It's great that it's small, but picture quality is AWEFUL. I had one, and just gave it to my girlfriend when I got the XT. I'm sure I'll steal it back realizing that taking an SLR camera everywhere isn't the most practical. Do some research before getting the T1, i'm sure there are a lot of better choices. Maybe Digital Elph?

i agree. sony def doesn't take any cheese for photo quality. my photo gallery shows that. i second fluids rec to get a canon elph if your main interest is the size. nikon just came out with a small flat one too.

fluidimagery
Originally posted by lgreen

[me drools at fluids canon xt]

Thanks, now I just have to learn how to take great pictures... no excuses.

Not as clear as I would like it... (using macro lense)

hermit.jpg

Upright Joe

I just got a Nikon D50 a few days ago. Here's a shot of a little tiny neon tetra from my freshwater planted tank.

Neon Tetra

The image is unretouched aside from being cropped and converted from RAW to JPEG. I used the crappy lense that came with the camera but I bought a set of close up filters ($40) to turn it into a macro lense. I'm very happy with the results considering this was my first attempt at using it. I'll be trying it out on my nano next.

I also picked up a flash extension cord last night so I can use my old external flash and reposition it relative to the camera. The linked picture was taken with the built-in flash.

well i went camera shopping on my lunch break. after looking at all of them, i think i am just going to have to save up for the canon rebel xt. it was really awesome! they had the nikon d50 too, but it takes forever in between pics (huge lag). canon was so fast.

anyway,

if anyone knows or see's any good deals on the canon rebel xt digital slr, let me know if you don't mind.

thanks!

Archived