inTank Media Baskets

The Nimble is Back!

C Jerome

I am a returning customer and would love another 4 super nimbles. They are the best. I hope you can help me out

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
anyways, is it possible to inject an airbubble in the niimble so it floats when it comes loose?

is this a possible request?? OR maybe add a small ballon/baggie with air???

i've thought about how cj could lighten the inner scraper. one thought i had was to eliminate the magnets on the inside completely. the magnets on the outside are more than strong enough on their own. a metal plate embedded in the resin (with an air pocket or hollowed?) should be enough.

if he can pull off, then we're talking high-volume production and he really should stop hand-crafting these and think business.

mvite,

cj only sells to the pretty people. sorry. :P

mvite,

cj only sells to the pretty people. sorry. :P

I guess so!

I think you should take over. "The Tiny Reef Cleaner". I'll take 50.

Can't wait for mine, like a kid that ordered his x-ray glasses by mail. Restless night wondering what my little nimble is doing now, is it in a cold box somewhere in this dark lonely world? Will it come home soon, or is she out with the wrong crowd ruining her life with drugs and prostitution. Please make it home soon honey, I won't yell at you! I'll always have a fresh blueberry pie waiting. *cry*

Just messing around :D Can't wait for mine! It's going to be so pimp!!!

mvite

please dont take it personally, I have not had the opportunity to reply to any PMs yet. I am working on e mails and then it will be on to pms. As I posted above I am trying to fulfill all requests as quickily as I an given my current time limitations. I am away this weekend and on my parents computer but I will try to reply to your query soon.

Tiny reef. I will have to compare how a Nimble works with only a steel piece on the inside, this would leave a little more room to insert some sort of boyant substance.

C. Jerome

mascencerro

not sure of the composition, but maybe bb's would work? Arent they steel shot with a zinc coating? You'd have to make sure they're sealed in really well probably, and may be hard to work with too though.

i recieved my super nimble saturday and honestly, i was not happy with it.

i would give it a 5 out of 10.

It is a rather strong connection and goes around the sizes of my AP 12 rather well, but it just doesnt clean algae real well. It cleans brown algae, but it doesnt get to the green algae at all. If I were to take a before and and after shot, there would be little to no difference.

DRoy

Thank you for posting your feedback and experience with the Nimble Super. Depending on the type of algae it may be difficult to remove with a magnetic cleaner. If its really tough stuff you might consider cleaning it once with a razor then using the Nimble there after to clean up, in my experience this prevents the hard stuff from taking hold.

Jerome

that is what i thought of doing. Seems like it would work to prevent.

Could you specify what type of razor? Like what i use to shave? lol

mascencerro

i have yet to see a magnet cleaner that will get that green speckled algae. I use my 'pre-approved' credit card to get that crap on my acrylic tank and a regular ol' razor blade to get the stuff on the glass.

I have a pack of regular steel straight edge razors I bought from a home center store, I use them once and toss it out

i recieved my super nimble saturday and honestly, i was not happy with it.

i would give it a 5 out of 10.

It is a rather strong connection and goes around the sizes of my AP 12 rather well, but it just doesnt clean algae real well. It cleans brown algae, but it doesnt get to the green algae at all. If I were to take a before and and after shot, there would be little to no difference.

Perhaps they differ on the batch, but mine cleans any coraline from off the glass, purple or green. The green can be tough, but a few back and forth passes over it will usually knock it right off for me. My only complaint is that my current tank isn't rounded like my AP12 was so I have the take the Nimble out to get the other sides of the glass, lol! I might have to put in another order to you Jerome. ;)

HammyDavisJr

I have a 20 Gallon glass Finnex M-Tank, with rounded corners.

Would you all recommend the standard Mag-Float or a super Nimble? My rock comes pretty close to the glass in some spots, and I don't think a Mag-Float would fit anyway.

mascencerro

got my nimble today as well, and for my eclipse 6, it was definitely well worth the wait. it cleans really well and walks around the corners great.

Thanks for the feedback. I am happy to hear your Nimbles are working well!

DRoy, the Nibmle should keep your tank nice and clean now that you have that really hard stuff off, keep me updated.

Phixion

There is only slight variation between each becaues they are all hand made. You should be able to walk the Nimble around the corner to the side panes of your tank. Slide the Nimble up to the edge of one pane and slowly move the outside piece around the corner with a little practice you should be able to get it around with no problem.

Jerome

I packed up a set last evening, they are going in the mail today. I am going to start making another set this evening. I will try to fulfill everyones requests as quickily as I can. Thank you for your patience.

Jerome

Archived