• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adinsxq

• Orange Crush

• supernip

• oogie

Originally posted by Orange Crush

oog: feel free to start building.

:o I thought we wouldn'tbe able to touch our tanks till June 1, I've been holding off buying mine!! gar..

I am a reef-tard you know? You can worry about nips but don't worry about me!

You're an autistic reef-tard oogie, beautiful things come from that mind of yours B) Besides, it looks like supernip is entering the stock portion. :D

I think I'll take a shot at the stock category... This is an awesome idea, and (being more of a reefs dot org regular), the organization of this contest looks a bit better. I hope this all goes well so it becomes a regular event. Good luck to everyone.

P.S. Is there someplace to officially enter? Is each entrant going to get their own thread, like RDO? That's a great way to catalog each person's progress...

Orange Crush

This forum is open for anyone to post, and we encourage entrants to create a thread to track their progress.

When it comes time to submit your tank for judging, each entrant will make a new thread for the images/descriptions for judging.

Glad to have you with us!

Orange Crush

darkspyda: You can build, test, and make sure everything works properly starting now. Just don't think of adding water/rock etc until 6/1.

milhouse74

How do I join? Who do I email to make it official. Sorry I am at work, and cant read this whoile thread, but didnt see it in the others. I missed another nano build off because I missed this piece, just covering my butt.

Also is it okay to take my first pic on like the 3rd or 4th? I get paid on the 1st.

Dave

Originally posted by darkspyda

You're an autistic reef-tard oogie, beautiful things come from that mind of yours B)  Besides, it looks like supernip is entering the stock portion. :D

Anything I do that is considered beautiful is i guess music i make with cello. So no worries for you there. If i were u I would worry about JMT rather then lowly oogie!

Orange Crush

millhouse: to answer your question in short, in case you're still confused after reading the rules, you don't have to officially join. we'd love for you to make a thread here in the rules forum to track your progress though. And be sure to click on adin's link and have a read-through of the rules.

Originally posted by supernip

oogie: im going to send you a bunch of aquascaping and tank ideas. prepare for long pm. k thanks

Really? Thanks!!!!!

you might win if you can keep some berghias in that tank. aiptasia is actually very colorful.

ps

what the heck is your icon?

It's a crested gecko (Rhacodactylus). surprised someone else here keeps them. I used to breed them, but reefing takes up most of my time so I only kept the daddy and one of its progeny.

Tigah's right [Rhacodactylus Ciliatus]. One of the easiest geckos to keep in the hobby. Mine's a little tail-less one I got from the East Bay Vivarium. If you haven't heard of the place it's basically the best known Vivarium in the West Coast, if not the entire US. [Featured on MYTH BUSTERS, one of my friends was on TV it was crazy :D]

Got him/her [still a juvie] for $25 through a friend that works there. Also have a Gargoyle Gecko too :).

Back on topic.. I'm gonna kick ya'lls butts :P so watch out now!!

Tam

dhenning25

The rules state:

c. The stock pump may be replaced in the event of a failure or by the entrant's choosing with one of equal output (106gph).

I need to replace my pump (DOA) and rather than get a replacement pump I would like to replace it with a Maxi-jet 400 (listed on Marinedepot.com as 106 GPM). Is this acceptable?

Dave

Originally posted by dhenning25

The rules state:

c. The stock pump may be replaced in the event of a failure or by the entrant's choosing with one of equal output (106gph).

I need to replace my pump (DOA) and rather than get a replacement pump I would like to replace it with a Maxi-jet 400 (listed on Marinedepot.com as 106 GPM). Is this acceptable?

Dave

Yes.

dhenning25

Dohh! I really wanted a strong current in a Nano cube. Nothing wrong with turning over the water over 1000 times an hour :)

• Recommended Discussions