ReefCleaners.org

burnahs 10gallon T5 mixed reef

burnah

Martin! I got unsubscribed from your thread for some reason or another, the tank as realy taken off man!!! So much color, it's simply amazing/beautiful.

How do you like the Seios?

BTW, you can check out my SPS tank by clicking the link in my signature.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice tank , i am setting up a 15g SPS tank. You have done a great job so far, how do you like the seios? I am thinking of buying one, do you think one would be enough in the 15g?

Josh

Nice tank , i am setting up a 15g SPS tank. You have done a great job so far, how do you like the seios? I am thinking of buying one, do you think one would be enough in the 15g?

Josh

to answer the question, seios 620 push a decent amount of water, and is not as strong as you think. you can get away with 3 like burnah says if you really like flow. my deal flow would be 2 seios left and right, and a maxi 900 with hydor in the middle. thinking of doing that for my tank, but seios are humongous.

burnah how much of the bioclean do you dose at one time i read a little bout it and from what i can tell 1 amp is for bout 50 + or - gallons i reallly want to try this stuff...thanks

thanks for the compliments. for bioclean: i dose one amp every 2 weeks of bioclean and one every 2 weeks of biodigest which come in one package.

for a 15g sps tank one seio would not be enough i guess but ezcompany statet that good...

thanks for the compliments. for bioclean: i dose one amp every 2 weeks of bioclean and one every 2 weeks of biodigest which come in one package.

thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hello! im sorry for such long time without an update... i had a lot of work to earn money for the world travel Im doing at the moment. but before that, I upgraded my tank to 25 gallons with 3 seios and a MUCH better skimmer made by sander.

stock remained the same except to a stag-acro with blue/greenish color.

bad news: one day after i left, the clown jumped out..

At the moment I am at myanmar, thats next to thailand. i am sorry to not be able to post pics. i will return to europe in may. until then my mom cares about my tank.

plans for when i come back so far: add with sps and one rock with bta and 2 clowns.

bye

update!!

friend of mine took pics of the new tank, here is an FTS

tank size is L65cm x H30cm x D50cm, so for my calculation that makes 97 liter or 25 gallons...

light is the same 4x 24 watts T5HO made by ati, skimmer is a sander maxiskim, 2 small and one medium seio...

stock is the same as 10g except for the 2 new black ocellaris clowns...

please post comments, thanks in advance!

FTSweb.jpg

Good luck with your world travels! If the appearance of your tank is any indication, it is in good hands. Those sps look great!

When you get back, put a background on the tank. It will look much better.

Have you considered a sandbed? Again, some people prefer to go bare-bottom, but I happen to think it would look better with some sand.

Good luck with your world travels! If the appearance of your tank is any indication, it is in good hands. Those sps look great!

When you get back, put a background on the tank. It will look much better.

Have you considered a sandbed? Again, some people prefer to go bare-bottom, but I happen to think it would look better with some sand.

thanks for the comment!

the back of the tank is temporary, there will be a blue overflow wall between the seios, the skimmer and so on and the display area once i get back, at least that is the plan... no sandbed, the maximum would be a starboard but we ll see...

Burnah, how's growth in your tank? I'm running a similar BB and am curious how BB works out in smaller tanks.

growth has been quite good, but it was taking off when i dose CA very often! like 2 drops a day of my CA... usually i just do 2 drops a week and that is enough...

i have some slow growers though, the blue tort and some montis, but also some very fast growers like my white monti which grows like a weed, one of my fav. corals... im thinkin about a prop tank when i come home!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well i cant post pics until i get some mailed, but the tank is said to go very well.. im actually thinkin about adding some more fish to it, i wonder what you think how much bioload can be put into a 25 g consciously?

im thinkin about adding maybe 3 chromis or 3 cardinals, as i think it would make my reef more realistic when having schooling fish, clownfish and a wrasse, also the overall composition of fish would be somehow balanced as the clowns stay at the same place, the wrasse is lively and the school adds more ralism as they happen to exist in any reef..

let me know what ya think, tia martin

A school of 3 cardinals would be awsome, the Chromises are way over done. I plan on a a school of 5 cardinals for my larger tank that I am setting up.

so you dont think it would be too much to have a sixline, two baby clowns and a school of maybe 3 or 4 cardinals in a 25? im not used to tanks this BIG so i cant guess... thanks for your help, what tank are you planning>?

Archived