Cultivated Reef

burnahs 10gallon T5 mixed reef

burnah

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

magnesium, calcium and trace elements in liquid form every week.

10% water change every week

Po:0

trates:0

trites:0

ca:420

mg:1200

prodibio.fr makes it.

I works very very good from what I can tell. 4 weeks and the hair algae and growth on the glass have very much reduced. the water is a lot clearer...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey burnah,

update us with some pics please :)

earlier you said you were thinking about a custom 15 starfire, any progress with that project?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hey Burnah,

Tanks looking good! Hope you don't mind, but I posted your tank over on the "idols nanos" thread. Your tank is one of my favorite small sps nanos!

Please do post a FTS, and let us know about any changes to the system...

thanks for the compliments, the one with the idols tank shocked me quite a bit ;D

will post FTS as soon as possible...

for the acros: green slimer looks perfect, blue tort looks nice but grows little to nothing...

I feed the fish every second day, everyone gets 2 or 3 very small pellets.

I am quite sure I have a mantis in the tank, killed 6 snails, 2 hermits, all my hitchhiker crabs and my bloodshrimp. never saw it, clicks all night, and it must hide perfectly in the rock because i have no sand. very strange..

I am thinking about upgrading to a 30 starphire cube or so, with no equipment visible. only factor is money atm, will see at the end of month..

I did it! I ordered a 22 gallon starphire tank today.

measurements are: 65cmLx50cmDx30cmH, where from the depth 15 cm are for equipment hidden behind an acryl wall, so the display makes 65x35x30 which is quite long and shallow. its 97 litres which makes 22 gallons if my calculation is correct. lighting stays the same, i plan on keeping the 2 seios and adding 2 stronger ones as well as 2 maxijets on a timer for changing currents. price will be in the 250 euro range, that makes about 320 dollar. it will arive in 2-3 weeks.

you should look into the new TUNZE Nano streams small and controllable. also I would go back to sand will help with you SPS coloration will become solid not drab or dull.

CB

I will keep all of my corals, fish and LR but I will also get new LR and maybe some harder to keep acros because I think with more water it's easier to sustain the clean water.

I wont get sand until i get a tank as big as 500 gallons ;)

thanks for the comments, FTS will follow soon..

here is the promised FTS as well as a shot of a new montipora digitata and a topdown shot

FTS3.jpg

new-monti.jpg

topdown.jpg

hope you like it and feel free to post comments,

martin

hey martin, good to see another sps nano reefer that i can follow.

some questions if you don't mind

tank:

how long? 20 inches?

lights:

how long? 24?

brand of t5s? retro or full fixture set up?

since i'm a newb, 10 watts of t5s will = approx how much watts of pcs/mh?

water movement:

what type of seios? is it not too much water movement for 10 gallons!??

location and when are u fraggin ;)

Thanks Martin!

thanks for the comments.

tank is 20 inches long and has 24watt lights in a pendant made by ATI (its a german brand)

ATM i have 2 aquamedic blue bulbs, one aquamedic 10k bulb and one aquaspecial 15k bulb in it. i think i will get 3 15k bulbs and one blue one.

i have 2 seios 620s and an ACmini in the back so that counts up to 1250 gallons/ h flow, and it is not too much. i think you could even have 3 seios if you had something to hide them because it would look ugly.

my routine: i change 2 gallons of water every week and siphon out the ###### of fish and crabs. i clean the walls once a week and the seios every month. i have about 6 hermits and 4 snails, but they are decimated by a mystery mantis shrimp i have never seen...

i am from austria, so fragging wont help much because shipping from the EU to USA wont be easy. sorry ;)

hope that helped, martin

thanks martin

here's another question

are ur T5s still sitting on top of ur tank or have they been hung?

if they sit on top of your tank does it cover the whole top of the 10 gallon?

sux that ur in Austria! props to your awesome corals!

Archived