SaltCritters.com

burnahs 10gallon T5 mixed reef

burnah

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm interested in how zeovit works for ya. are you gettin the 1 liter/100 gallons reactor? and where from? i saw it at fragfarmers for a hefty price.

burnah, can you post a Good/Large picture of the clown hosting the RBTA? I want to try the picture method on my clowns when I get a RBTA.

the little mofo went out again... the rbta has moved and now hes not intrested anymore. grml.

i do not yet have zeovit, but i will get it as soon as i get time on my hands cause im working very hard at the moment. i will put it into my 1 gallon eheim canister filter.

• 1 month later...

Ur RBTA owns! The colors are so crazy. i have an RBTA taht is like 5 inches and its not as red or bubbly as when i first got it :( great tank man.

update... i gave the rbta back because the clown didnt like it and it went into a cave at the back of the tank where no one could see it, i guess not even the clown saw it... i got another monti-colony (quite big) which was brown and turned into a deep purple in just 2 days (these ATI-t5s really rock :D) the other sps have such good color, i really think about buying lots of small monti colonies because they all get such great color in my tank. i have/had a problem with brown slime (no cyano, more like detritius or sth) and some hairalgae due to overfeeding, but i think when i get my seio 620 which is already ordered, these problems will go away. i also hope that the seio will encourage the sps to have a little bit more growth, although their color is great they do not really grow. i dose calcium and trace elements, so i guess my only problem is the lack of flow, of which i will then have (almost :P) enough (62x turnover).

next week ill be on a lookout for possible colorful montis at my lfs and for the delivery of my seio. pics will follow...

• 3 weeks later...

update:

the slime took over, almost killed my montis, but for sure the sixline. i hate this water!!! will have to re-setup the tank. i put the montis or at least frags and the clown into my old 3g tank, they're getting better... the green slimer is on a rock which has the most slime and it encrusted so much in the time it was in there so i can hardly get it out, but i will try...

i could not catch the ywg and the pistol, so they will get out when i restart the tank.

plans for future setup: BB with starboard, seio 620 (62xturnover w00h00), new sixline (maybe a smaller one)

the ywg and pistol will be in the small 3g tank in which i will put sand so they feel comfortable, also the remaining softies (the zoos already moved towards the botom of the LR, that shows the intensity of the light... ridiculous, ive never seen zoos move because of too much light)

in the 10g i will concentrate on SPS, for the first time only montis until the system is really stable. i work on a topoff too.

i now have a RO/DI system and a refracto meter for the perfect SPS water, not like the distilled-hydrometer-ish thing i had in the past. i also will get a stronger airpump for the skimmer so it will skimm really wet.

when i look at the pics i now see the tank was quite beautiful, because i have the comparison... im too ashamed to post current pics :S

on saturday i will buy the LR and cleanup crew, i have already mixed 10g of saltwater, will post updates then...

got liverock and cleanupcrew today, took out the old rock and sand, put in the starboard, rocks, snails & hermits and the water...

i also bought some sps frags which i put in the 3g frag tank for now... a blue-tipped stag, a red millepora and something that looks like a tort or such... polyps already extended at all 3 frags... the other sps i had are recovering, but under the less intense light they lost their color, now all montis look the same...

i will post pics of the new setup and the new frags (which look absolutely amazing) tomorrow...

greets

made photos of the redone tank and of the new and old frags in the frag tank...

fts when filling the tank with SW

ftsfresh.jpg

the rock lies on only some points on the starboard, i will most likely have a powerhead blow between the rocks and the board so no crap will accumulate down there...

rockbottom.jpg

this is the 3g fragtank which holds all my sps frags until the big tank is ready for stocking. the montis became brown due to the lighting in the small tank...

fragtankspecs.jpg

maybe someone could point me into the direction of what this blue acro could be, even if the pic is crap and ids with pics are impossible :)

any comments welcome

martin

i put most of my sps-frags into the tank today...

ftsbb01.jpg

unknown acropora, any ideas? growth-pattern is bottle-brush-like from what i can tell...

acrogreenpolyps.jpg

new millepora

millepora01.jpg

i paid about 30 euros per frag, so that would be almost 40 dollars...

comments?

Archived