• 3 weeks later...

i introduced two new inhabitants to my tank today:

a yellow watchmangoby for my tiger pistol shrimp

9821pistolandywg.jpg

and a rbta for my occellaris

9821rbtabrandnew.jpg

tell me what ya think B)

mushroom head

Very cool! Now i really want a tiger pistol and some kind of goby.Has the rbta move around yet?

thanks for the comments, very appreciated!

the rbta has moved about 1 inch with its foot into a hole between two pieces of LR rubble. the clown does host the water surface, the smart kid :)

one thing that annoys me is the fact that as soon as the shrimp/goby paired up, the shrimp started digging like crazy to build caves big enough for the goby.. so my tank is all messed up now... but other than the sand and cloudy water, it has gotten a more natural look and i LOVE the rbta's color...

so if im not mistaken, you have a total of 96 wats of T5 and you have SPS? is that enough for SPS? is 80 watts of PC and 80 watts of T5 equivelent?

When I look in to Zeovit method, I find that its geared towards big tank! How are you incorpoating it to smaller nanos? I mean I have seen many people kill their SPS by overdosing. Now if they recommend 1 drop of their thing for 50 gal, how do we divide the drop in to 5 parts? I want to incorporate zeo but it seems like i am destined to overdose and nuke my tank!

travis: no shaddows... it looks much more natural than the MH-onespot-light, but you do not get the glares. due to the aquaclear mini, which produces a little bit of surface action, the light is a little bit, lets say - distracted. but due to the fact that every bit of the tank is enlightened, its quite hard to watch out for lighter and darker spots...

i guess if you manage to move the surface much more than i do (have to upgrade the circulation), but you will not get the MH-shimmer. but on the other hand, you get a tank which has light everywhere, with the same intensity, and this is something i prefer to the glares a MHbulb produces. i also made the experience, that the bigger the tank is, the easier you get the shimmer with t5-bulbs, just because you can have more flow. my lfs has a tank about 4 meters long with alot of flow and tons of SPS, enlightened by a real monster of i think 16 t5 bulbs, extra long. they get these glares, not as much as from MH but they do.

oogie: you can alway reduce the dose you put into your tank, buy putting a drop into a cup with water and then spill only quarter of the cup into the tank. i do not fear the overdosing, and i have never heard of any losses from the people i know which used zeovit. but dividing the dose should not be the problem, also i have my hands on some "cured" zeovit, which can be used to seed the old one, from a friends tank, this should help also to reduce the risk of overdosing

some updated FTS, sorry for the dirty back

9821FTS5.jpg

pic of RBTA

9821rbta.jpg

yellow watchman goby

9821ywg.jpg

zeovit should arrive next week, eheim canister filter is already installed and run with LR rubble...

hope you like it, any comments welcome

• 3 weeks later...
mattgreene22

burnah - how's the hair algae now? if you conquered...share the success story with explanation of how you did it...please

he does!!! just came home from 1 week holiday... will post pics later, have to clean room and tank. the clown found the rbta!!!!

Archived