Cultivated Reef

Cesar's 20 gallon

Cesar

How far off the water would you put a 150 watt MH fixture???

Since it's a 150W bulb, I would place it like maybe 9 inches off the water surface. I have a 250W over my 20g and it sits at 12 inches.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Little update:

My new Tri Color Bullseye Rhodactis from platinumreefs.com

large.gallery_9777_4_1356252213_17622.jp

Along some Electric Green Zoanthids from...well same place, hahaha.

large.gallery_9777_4_1356252213_17623.jp

Little update:

Finally got me an Aqua C Remora for my 20g. Here it is. It's a beauty.

Dscn0477.jpg

Closer shot of my Remora doing it's thing.

Dscn0478.jpg

Another further shot of the Remora. Can you tell im excited about this, hahaha.

Dscn0482.jpg

I have a question. When do I dump that yuky water from the collection cup? It's about halfways already. Should I turn the skimmer off to remove the collection cup also?

Ok cool. I just didn't want all that dirty water going back into my main display. I have tried to pull on the coolection cup as it's running and it seems to be like sucked in there. I have to pull very hard and I dont want to damage it.

Is it normal that I am removing that collection cup like every day? It get's full of water really fast. Like every night I have to dispose water from it. Another thing is that the water is not as dirty and brown as I would expect. It is dirty but not that much.

Try raising the collection cup by putting the O-ring lower on the cup. It should give you a dryer skimmate and fill slower. I have one on my 20 long also, and it is all the way down, and takes about 2 weeks to get halfway even with a pvc mod which makes it the pump more efficient!

Oh I see. Yes I have the collection cup actually all the way down. I will raise it to see if it makes a difference. What about the water looking semi clean?

Is it producing a lot of bubbles? If not then the injector might need a cleaning, but I doubt it since it's fairly new. Since you have the CC on the lowest setting you might just be getting a really wet skimmate. It should be a tea colored skimmate.

Yes it does produce a lot of bubbles in that clear tubing. When the water gets into the collection part it does look like a Tea color, and it tastes like tea too. Well salty tea. Hahaha, J/K. The unit is very new. It's like a week old.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if you can see but this acan has gotten quite fat and now it has babies. They are so beautiful. They are coming out from the left bottom. COOL

large.gallery_9777_4_1356252217_18251.jp

Yes it does produce a lot of bubbles in that clear tubing. When the water gets into the collection part it does look like a Tea color, and it tastes like tea too.

haha. you're sick.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just doing a search on skimming(wet skim and dry skim) and I came across this thread. I ended up looking at it instead of figuring out how to get my remora to produce dry skimmate. You blastos are pretty :flower:

• 3 weeks later...

hey, not to be a grouch or anything, but you're using the photograph i took of my tank for your avatar and signature... and you've not once asked me to use it? I mean sure the internet is free and I'd be more than happy to let you use it, but being in the photography hobby for many years, it is one of those "tang in a nano" equivalent gripes when people take without asking. Some credit should be given, and it's kind of lame-o to be using someone else's coral, shrimp etc picture to represent your own tank? I don't mean any offense, nor do I want to be a showoff, but as of now I'd rather you use a different picture please, or next time please ask first? At least give credit somewhere!?

hey, not to be a grouch or anything, but you're using the photograph i took of my tank for your avatar and signature... and you've not once asked me to use it? I mean sure the internet is free and I'd be more than happy to let you use it, but being in the photography hobby for many years, it is one of those "tang in a nano" equivalent gripes when people take without asking. Some credit should be given, and it's kind of lame-o to be using someone else's coral, shrimp etc picture to represent your own tank? I don't mean any offense, nor do I want to be a showoff, but as of now I'd rather you use a different picture please, or next time please ask first? At least give credit somewhere!?

You know what I noticed that but it wasn't me that did the avatart or the banner. There is a thread going on in the makeshift lounge about someone doing avatars for us here. i sent him some pictures but I realized that he didn't use mine. Sorry about that. I will contact the person to see if I can get that changed. Sorry again.

Cesar.

I was just doing a search on skimming(wet skim and dry skim) and I came across this thread. I ended up looking at it instead of figuring out how to get my remora to produce dry skimmate. You blastos are pretty :flower:

Thanks you.

yeah there's a flood of the same style of design going on. i wasn't sure if you were the one who made it. anyway, someone who knows graphic design should know the simple rules. weird. Please have him PM me or something.

no hard feelings or anything, was just wondering =)

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice corals. You seem to have your husbandry under control nicely.

Hey what's up gettingfeisty. Thanks for the compliments. Nice to see you here in NR.

• 3 weeks later...
You know what I noticed that but it wasn't me that did the avatart or the banner. There is a thread going on in the makeshift lounge about someone doing avatars for us here. i sent him some pictures but I realized that he didn't use mine. Sorry about that. I will contact the person to see if I can get that changed. Sorry again.

Cesar.

Thanks you.

are you serious?!?!! i gotta change it again!?!?!

:rant::rant::rant:

it was in your gallery so i assumed it was okay to use.

are you serious?!?!! i gotta change it again!?!?!

:rant::rant::rant:

it was in your gallery so i assumed it was okay to use.

No no dude. That was an old post. That was when it was an issue. Thanks Semi that banner and avatar rock.

Archived